Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Lions get Eli Manning'd?

If I were the Lions I would sign Kurt Warner or JP losman in FA then draft OL with the first 3 picks. Or draft tackle 1st overall and package their other 1st and their 2nd to get back up to the top 10 and draft another one of the top tackles.

If I were the Lions I would sign Kurt Warner or JP losman in FA then draft OL with the first 3 picks. Or draft tackle 1st overall and package their other 1st and their 2nd to get back up to the top 10 and draft another one of the top tackles.

Losman are you serious? If you are using that logic they should go after Kyle Boller or even Rex Grossman. They need to draft a QB. Also they need to buy a new defense.

Matt Stafford is the likely #1 pick if he comes out, only a junior though.

Same for Sam Bradford, high pick potential but only a junior.

Bradford may be in the same boat as Crabtree. I believe he is a red-shirt sophmore. The problem for both of them would be if they don't go #1, where do they go. KC and SF could both me in the market for a QB but do they feel they need to spend a first on them. Other than them the next team the would want one would be the Jets or Bears at 17 and 18.

Matt Stafford is the likely #1 pick if he comes out, only a junior though.

Same for Sam Bradford, high pick potential but only a junior.

Bradford goes #1 in my opinion.

Stafford has all of the tools, but is not there yet. Bradford might not have played in a pro style offense, but he is a better fundamental QB at this point. Just my opinion.

Don't you mean John Elway'd? Are there any other players that have pulled this trick, Manning and Elway are the only two I know of.
Bo Jackson pulled it on Tampa deciding to play baseball instead. Elway threaten he'd play baseball rather then play in Baltimore. Eli didn't have the baseball route as leverage.
Beat me to it. It's not a Manning. Manning pulled an Elway.

I didn't want to leave those too young to know about Elway in '83 out of the loop. :)

Bo actually sat out the entire season and went back into the draft.

I dont think so, look how Miami turned it around in one year!!!!

Detroit does not have Parcells running the show. There is not much room to compare Detroit; a perpetually inept team coming off the worst season ever, to Miami; a team coming off a terrible season and some previously unfortunate decisions.

------------------------------

As much as I hate to say it, Elway, Manning and Bo all appear to have been right and better off for their choices.

I'm in Detroit right now, and I'm listening to sportstalk radio and they are all wanting O-Line or D-Line for the first pick. They think a QB for the first pick would be a mistake. I can't say I blame them.

With multiple first round choices they really have a lot of options. They should be able to lock up any combination of OL/QB/ QB/OL OL/OL before they even reach the second round.

I'm a fan of OL picks high in the draft unless you KNOW you're getting a great QB. Without a crystal ball that is a tough decision to have to make.

Archived