Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2009 Draft Preview Part 2- We finished 8-8- We pick 13th...

SkinsAllDay34

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO INTO REINHART??

C'mon people this offensive line had major issues this year and the rookie wasn't even activated. We have no idea if he is terrible or what. I do not think we can rely on him at all. He couldn't even crack the lineup despite the numerous injuries we had. The front office went out and SIGNED OTHER PLAYERS instead of activating him. What does that tell you?

I read late in the season that the coaching staff doesn't think Rinehart is NFL ready yet.

C'mon people this offensive line had major issues this year and the rookie wasn't even activated. We have no idea if he is terrible or what. I do not think we can rely on him at all. He couldn't even crack the lineup despite the numerous injuries we had. The front office went out and SIGNED OTHER PLAYERS instead of activating him. What does that tell you?

It could mean he isn't any good. Or it could mean he was a rookie and wasn't ready yet. Who knows, not every player can step in and be ready to go.

If you don't have a reason other than veterans were signed instead, you don't have a reason to think he isn't capable. He is still with the team, so they must think the talent is there.

How desperately we miss our 2nd round pick: In a draft this deep in OL talent, it would have virtually guaranteed us of our choice of 2 immediate impact starting caliber OL (likely a RT and a versatile C/OG candidate). Then, we could have addressed DT/LB via free agency and our 3rd round pick. Instead, we're shorthanded, yet again, and left to try to figure out how to turn 1 pick into multiple picks, in the process diluting the talent of the #13 pick. All so we could land a retirement age has-been for a .500 team that wasn't a single DE away from a championship. **** Vinny!

Personally, I'd love to find a way to land a top tier OT then still move around to get a guy like Duke or Mack... remake this OL with elite linemen right now, then focus on DT/LB band-aids until we make them our draft emphasis next year. We must have RT, C, and OG help NOW.

Don't know if anybody said this yet but I'd prefer to spend FA money on a DT and hope to draft on OL. If we want immediate production from our draft pick i think you will most likely get that out of OL not DL. Just look at how Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, Derrick Harvey and Sedrick Ellis did this year vs how Jake Long, Jeff Otah and Ryan Clady did.

Don't know if anybody said this yet but I'd prefer to spend FA money on a DT and hope to draft on OL. If we want immediate production from our draft pick i think you will most likely get that out of OL not DL. Just look at how Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, Derrick Harvey and Sedrick Ellis did this year vs how Jake Long, Jeff Otah and Ryan Clady did.

I did;) Sign Haynesworth and trade down ~10 spots and get C and ROT (rounds 1/2).

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

At this point, he can only be considered a backup at best. Lets hope he shows something in camp next year.

I did;) Sign Haynesworth and trade down ~10 spots and get C and ROT (rounds 1/2).

Cool, well then I agree with your statement. What ever it was.:cheers:

BTW, Does any one know when we can expand to 80 man rosters? Can we do it now or do we have to wait till after the Super Bowl?

Cool, well then I agree with your statement. What ever it was.:cheers:

BTW, Does any one know when we can expand to 80 man rosters? Can we do it now or do we have to wait till after the Super Bowl?

I'd have to say it's during the Free Agent period, whenever that starts.

They may vote to expand to 86 or 90 this year.

Just so you know, we have the 13th pick, not the 14th...

http://football.about.com/od/nfldraft/a/nfldraftorder.htm

I was looking at the NFL website and they had us ahead below Denver in standings. I thought we were picking 12th after looking at that. Maybe I'm wrong. But picking at 12 or 13 should easily allow us to trade back, snag a good OLine player in the 1st, and a good DT in the 2nd. BPA btw OLB and OLine in the 3rd.

Vinny stated he was going to turn our 4 picks into 6 or 7. Not sure how he plans on doing this. We need a 1st round talent on the OLine without a doubt this year though. This should be an interesting offseason.

I was looking at the NFL website and they had us ahead below Denver in standings. I thought we were picking 12th after looking at that. Maybe I'm wrong. But picking at 12 or 13 should easily allow us to trade back, snag a good OLine player in the 1st, and a good DT in the 2nd. BPA btw OLB and OLine in the 3rd.

Vinny stated he was going to turn our 4 picks into 6 or 7. Not sure how he plans on doing this. We need a 1st round talent on the OLine without a doubt this year though. This should be an interesting offseason.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2009.php

It appears we're picking 13th.

I hope that we can trade down, but the problem is, almost everybody else wants to trade down, too.

What am I hoping for? Trade our 1st for another team's 3rd and NEXT year's 1st.

That's right. **** this draft. Stockpile for 2010.

Then draft OL, OL, DL, DL. Plug the other holes in FA. And head into 2010 with a full complement of picks PLUS an extra 1st rounder (which we can use on a QB if it comes to that).

In reality, what we'll do:

WR, FB, CB, TE.

Trade down to the mid 20's, while picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

If Zorn is retained shop JC. I could see a team like Detroit offering their high 2nd for him, but probably not one of their two 1sts. Zorn could then bring in a veteran WCO QB like Hasselbeck while grooming C. Brennan as the QB of the future.

What??????:doh::doh::doh::doh:

One thing that really concerns me with this coming off season is the possibility of false, or misguided confidence in our young OL men. Buges and co. seemed immpressed with how Heyer, Rhinehart and even Devin Clark and Giessenger(sp) were developing in training camp. I fear they may interpret this as there not being as big a need to draft OL. I think we can all agree this would be a foolish decision and I hope it doesn't happen but it will be in the back of my mind up until a name is called at the podium.

One thing that really concerns me with this coming off season is the possibility of false, or misguided confidence in our young OL men. Buges and co. seemed immpressed with how Heyer, Rhinehart and even Devin Clark and Giessenger(sp) were developing in training camp. I fear they may interpret this as there not being as big a need to draft OL. I think we can all agree this would be a foolish decision and I hope it doesn't happen but it will be in the back of my mind up until a name is called at the podium.

Don't worry. All reports out of Ashburn is that Rinehart can't make the field, which I wish were untrue. Heyer is a stop gap tackle and they know it. Zorn has commented on the pass protection time and time again. Our guards are old. I highly doubt they don't address the OL with at least 2 draft picks and one free agent.

Trade down to the mid 20's, while picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

If Zorn is retained shop JC. I could see a team like Detroit offering their high 2nd for him, but probably not one of their two 1sts. Zorn could then bring in a veteran WCO QB like Hasselbeck while grooming C. Brennan as the QB of the future.

Again I say, What???:doh::doh::doh:

How desperately will we miss our 2nd rounder, especially now that it's a top half of the 2nd round selection? We could almost certainly have added 2 instant impact linemen for the present/future. Now my fear is that in trying to gloss over the missing pick, Idiot Vinny will trade back from #14 potentially missing out on a dominant OL, and land us 2 2nd round picks which might be far less productive than the best OT available at #14. Likewise, that 2nd rounder would have given us the luxury of using our 3rd to trade up in the event that our top OL targets will all be gone by #14 (which is likely). Just another example of the endless ways in which this moron perpetually hamstrings our franchise every year.

I agree if we want a starting RT we have to draft him in round 1. We cant afford to trade back to pick up additional late 2nd round to address the line.

Round 1: BPA (OT)

Round 3: BPA (OL)

Round 5: BPA (OL/C)

Round 7: BPA (LB/DE Tweener)

We have top 5 defense. Address the line through FA. There are two good FA LBs and one stud DT.

Our 13th pick is worth 1150 points.

We could trade back to 19 with the Lions and then take their first pick in the 3rd.

We could still get one of the top 3 tackles, or Robinson or Mack. I perfer Mack. Then we could package our 2 3rd rounders for a top 12 2nd rounder for a Right Tackle.

Or, we could send our 1st, 3rd and 6th to Detriot for their second 1st and their 1st in the 2nd. We could again, get two high quality olineman in that scenerio.

I'm down.

I hope that we can trade down, but the problem is, almost everybody else wants to trade down, too.

What am I hoping for? Trade our 1st for another team's 3rd and NEXT year's 1st.

That's right. **** this draft. Stockpile for 2010.

Then draft OL, OL, DL, DL. Plug the other holes in FA. And head into 2010 with a full complement of picks PLUS an extra 1st rounder (which we can use on a QB if it comes to that).

In reality, what we'll do:

WR, FB, CB, TE.

With the 13th we should be able to get a early 2nd and a 1st next year. It happens every year, so it's not an unreasonable thought. Skins never do it though, I just don't see them wanting to do it either.

Our 13th pick is worth 1150 points.

We could trade back to 19 with the Lions and then take their first pick in the 3rd.

We could still get one of the top 3 tackles, or Robinson or Mack. I perfer Mack. Then we could package our 2 3rd rounders for a top 12 2nd rounder for a Right Tackle.

Or, we could send our 1st, 3rd and 6th to Detriot for their second 1st and their 1st in the 2nd. We could again, get two high quality olineman in that scenerio.

I'm down.

Considering how much talent the Lions need, I'd be surprised if the trade any picks. The second deal might work, but I'm not sure.

If Miami finishes with ~25 pick, maybe their first and our old second for our first and fifth.

edit: based on post below. If Oher drops, I think Detroit makes the first trade.

Archived