Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Carr and The NY Giants (Skins Related)

jrfriedm

So in one year, between coaches and line adjustments (in spite of offensive linemen often taking more than one training camp to get right) the Texans pass protection improved that much, eh?

If you've read my posts, you know I have my concerns about Campbell. It just so happens I have more concerns about our OLine, and believe for us to be a perennial contender we should fix the OLine first. Then we can see about Campbell. I think if the OLine is stronger, Campbell could be fine. I think replacing Campbell right now isn't going to get us anything more than a revolving door most likely.

By the way, I don't have to repost everything others have said about OLine changes on the Texans.

Maybe because there is only 1 starting OL, LG Chester Pitts, who started a full season BEFORE Schaub was starting QB in Houston in 2007. The rest of the starters are either new to the team this year, or played sparingly, if at all, before Schaub was the QB. In other words, Schaub played behind a different line than what Carr played behind.

And in spite of having an all-new line they still opted to get rid of Carr, precisely the opposite plan of action that you recommend. If we DO strengthen our line, we may have to wait a full year for them to come together. WIll that be an excuse next year too? And if we do strengthen our line, it doesn't mean that Carr..er, I mean Campbell (except Carr had a quick release) will blossom.

So instead of keeping him and bringing along Spencer and Winston, they dumped their previous franchise QB after FIVE seasons of dealing with him and SOME improvement in his numbers---Why might that be?

And in spite of having an all-new line they still opted to get rid of Carr, precisely the opposite plan of action that you recommend. If we DO strengthen our line, we may have to wait a full year for them to come together. WIll that be an excuse next year too? And if we do strengthen our line, it doesn't mean that Carr..er, I mean Campbell (except Carr had a quick release) will blossom.

So instead of keeping him and bringing along Spencer and Winston, they dumped their previous franchise QB after FIVE seasons of dealing with him and SOME improvement in his numbers---Why might that be?

They didn't have an all-new line in '07 when Schaub came in. The difference was the starters for Schaub were mostly back-ups when Carr played, save for Pitts. Today, 2 of the OL in Houston are rookies or this is their first season with Houston. Schaub has played behind a mostly-different OL. Also, you have to consider that maybe the Texans coaches believed Carr was done and too shell-shocked to be good, even behind an OL. Also keep in mind the TExans have different coaches now also, and the old ones weren't that good to begin with. Maybe the owner/GM/whoever got impatient. The point is none of us really know for sure, other than Carr played behind a bad OL in Houston, and is playing behind a better one now.

I do call Carlos "No D" Rogers that, and he has proven time and time again that he has no D in his name or in him.

Your act is so stale and pathetic at this point.

You've been proven wrong, time and time again, about your dislike of Rogers and his coverage ability, but you still delude yourself into pushing that dumb "No D" nickname you think is really clever. I don't even know how many threads you've abandoned at this point when people put the facts in your face regarding him.

But don't tell any of us we have our heads anywhere, because not only is that unnecessary and crass, but if someone has been completely blind to a certain reality over the last couple years, it's been you with Carlos.

So I'm watching the second half of the NY Giants and Minn Vikings game, and I'm watching David Carr, the Giants back up, carve up the starting defense of the Vikings, and I can't help but think that the Giants backup QB is better than the Washington Redskins starting QB.

I mean really, how sad is that? A quarter back that got run out Houston, when they were the worst team in the league. I QB that was supposed to be ruined by all the hits he had taken. QB that was suppose to be the epitomy of holding the ball to long, gets rid of the ball faster than Jason Campbell. Doesn't stare down one reciever or watch the rush come at him like Jason Campbell. Is not afraid to throw the ball down the field like Jason Campbell. Can hit a reciever in stride unlike Jason Campbell.

In closing, the Washington Redskins starting QB would be at best the #3 guy on the NY Giants. :doh:

*The purpose of this thread is to compare Jason Campbell to David Carr, the back up QB for the NY Giants, not to say if Colt Brennan should be the starter.*

Ok, first point is that you sir are incorrect. Second point is, Carr had his starting chance last year in Carolina when Delhome went out with an injury and he sucked. I went to a few games and saw this in person and living in the Charlotte area, all the press coverage of Carr showed otherwise.

So I'm watching the second half of the NY Giants and Minn Vikings game, and I'm watching David Carr, the Giants back up, carve up the starting defense of the Vikings, and I can't help but think that the Giants backup QB is better than the Washington Redskins starting QB.

I mean really, how sad is that? A quarter back that got run out Houston, when they were the worst team in the league. I QB that was supposed to be ruined by all the hits he had taken. QB that was suppose to be the epitomy of holding the ball to long, gets rid of the ball faster than Jason Campbell. Doesn't stare down one reciever or watch the rush come at him like Jason Campbell. Is not afraid to throw the ball down the field like Jason Campbell. Can hit a reciever in stride unlike Jason Campbell.

In closing, the Washington Redskins starting QB would be at best the #3 guy on the NY Giants. :doh:

*The purpose of this thread is to compare Jason Campbell to David Carr, the back up QB for the NY Giants, not to say if Colt Brennan should be the starter.*

in this league any quarterback even a number 3 can come out and look like a stud because defenses prepare for a diff qb example- tavaris jackson couple weeks back throwing 3 td's

• 11 months later...
Your act is so stale and pathetic at this point.

You've been proven wrong, time and time again, about your dislike of Rogers and his coverage ability, but you still delude yourself into pushing that dumb "No D" nickname you think is really clever. I don't even know how many threads you've abandoned at this point when people put the facts in your face regarding him.

But don't tell any of us we have our heads anywhere, because not only is that unnecessary and crass, but if someone has been completely blind to a certain reality over the last couple years, it's been you with Carlos.

So are you saying Carlos Rogers can cover? Please tell me this is a joke. He is just as bad as the rest of them. BLOW IT UP!

Carr is a lot like JC, that guy got killed behind the Texans O-Line, a line almost as bad as ours. The only QB who could have done anything was Vick, because he wouldn't have even aired it out, insteasd he would have been running for his lfe and would have made some decent plays, I fail to see how drafting a QB out of the worst QB class in recent memory will do any good. Wait till 2011 when Locker and Ponder are available. Both of those guys will be better pros than the Pickle of Busted shoulder Bradford

Archived