Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantastic game by Plackemeier today

Slateman

Plack did a great job today, and I agree with the gameball. That said, Shane Lechler of the Raiders is an upcoming free agent, and we should get him! He will get a big payday for a punter, but he is well worth the money! Not trying to take anything away from Plack, as he did have a great game today...but Lechler is the best punter in the NFL and has been for a long time. Go get him Vinny!

Also, while we are talking special teams... We need a new ST coach! Danny Smith is just not getting it done, no matter how big the chaw in his lip is! Whoever made the decision to attempt a 54 yard field goal into the wind with Suisham....? What the? That was a horrible decision. Zorn takes the blame, but he's got Smith in his ear yelling to kick the field goal. Just a bad, bad decision!

Plack did a great job today, and I agree with the gameball. That said, Shane Lechler of the Raiders is an upcoming free agent, and we should get him! He will get a big payday for a punter, but he is well worth the money! Not trying to take anything away from Plack, as he did have a great game today...but Lechler is the best punter in the NFL and has been for a long time. Go get him Vinny!

Also, while we are talking special teams... We need a new ST coach! Danny Smith is just not getting it done, no matter how big the chaw in his lip is! Whoever made the decision to attempt a 54 yard field goal into the wind with Suisham....? What the? That was a horrible decision. Zorn takes the blame, but he's got Smith in his ear yelling to kick the field goal. Just a bad, bad decision!

Whit the capspace of next season, no way we can spend BIG money on a punter.....rather give Hall and Rogers new contracts.

I second that! That had to have been one of the stupidest decisions he's made all year. 1st of all, Swish kicks 30+ yarders short, with the wind to his back, what the hell made them think he was going to hit a 54 yarder?! 2nd, Who calls a time out prior to your own teams field goal attemp?! Thanks, you just "iced" your own kicker. I thought they called time out to go for it on 4th down, or to punt it, which brings me to my 3rd and final point: Wouldn't it have been smarter to just punt the ball, being as though our kicker is having a CAREER day? :doh: I'm glad we won, but jeez, the coaches put us in some precarious positions sometimes.

Archived