Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Michael Vouches for Abundant Talent; How About You?

letzgoterps

Agree with almost everything he said except for the never ending excuse for JC. JC is what he is and that is a below average QB who's as good as he's ever going to get.

Unfortunately, I agree with you 100 percent.

There's a reason every coach but Zorn stood strong on having an open QB competition.

Thats cute how he went out of his way to talk about how bad our defense is. Yep he's right on the money there.

2008 Washington Redskins

Total Defense: #5 in NFL, Yards per game

Total PPG allowed: #7

Total Pass yards/game: #6

Total Run yards/game: #10

Top 10 in every major statistical caterogy. Our defense is fine. Just imagine what it would be with a solid defensive line....I"m salivating just thinking of it.

Our problems as a team stem from the offense. From the medicore quarterback who can muster only 12 TD's in 14 games; from the predictable playcalling from our rookie HC, and our aging (but NOT horrendous) offensive line. Had we scored even 20 points per game this season, we'd have 3-4 more victories, and be sitting at 10-3. I think anybody with football IQ can say the QB is the heart that drives the offense, so if you're looking for a problem, look at our mediocre, slow as hell QB.

JLC is a tool. How many players on our team are in the upper echelone? Does he think every winning team is just stacked with Pro-bowlers and the best of the best? What a nice dreamy world he must live in. the measure of a good team is its depth. As we have found out, a team of all-stars does not make a championship team.

Thats cute how he went out of his way to talk about how bad our defense is. Yep he's right on the money there.

2008 Washington Redskins

Total Defense: #5 in NFL, Yards per game

Total PPG allowed: #7

Total Pass yards/game: #6

Total Run yards/game: #10

Top 10 in every major statistical caterogy. Our defense is fine. Just imagine what it would be with a solid defensive line....I"m salivating just thinking of it.

Our problems as a team stem from the offense. From the medicore quarterback who can muster only 12 TD's in 14 games; from the predictable playcalling from our rookie HC, and our aging (but NOT horrendous) offensive line. Had we scored even 20 points per game this season, we'd have 3-4 more victories, and be sitting at 10-3. I think anybody with football IQ can say the QB is the heart that drives the offense, so if you're looking for a problem, look at our mediocre, slow as hell QB.

JLC is a tool. How many players on our team are in the upper echelone? Does he think every winning team is just stacked with Pro-bowlers and the best of the best? What a nice dreamy world he must live in. the measure of a good team is its depth. As we have found out, a team of all-stars does not make a championship team.

I don't know what article you were reading, but he didn't say our defense was bad. He simply pointed out the obvious and that being our weak DL. It's quite alarming that we haven't drafted one higher then the 5th round.

The Redskins need to follow the example set by the Caps and rebuild the team the right way, setting a sound foundation that will allow the team to contend for many years into the future.

Draft and develop your own players and add free agents once you are close.

Snyder needs to conduct a true search for a personnel executive with PROVEN experience to run things during the transition, a period of 1-3 years where this team may very well not be merely mediocre but at times miserable.

But if the choices made are the right ones the Redskins will end up with the DeMarcus Wares, Anquan Boldins and Adrian Petersons rather than seeing them on Washington's NFC competition.

So where was this article when we were 6-2? Or was JLC busy writing happy time stuff?

My thoughts exactly. This is complete and utter stupidity (expected from JLC). No one here was bemoaning the lack of talent when this team was 6-2. No one.

You can't overreact to tailspins. At some point this season, every team in the NFC East has had its talent called into question when the team has gone through a poor spell. Even the Giants are hearing it now that they've lost two in a row.

Perceptions of a team rise and fall with the play of the team. It's that simple. The Redskin passing game is atrocious right now, so, naturally, the whole team is bereft of talent.

Gimme a break. There have been countless instances of supposedly "talent-less" teams rising up and having successful seasons. Then, idiot media and message board posters will look at them and say "See, they did it the right way" as if they knew all along.

The problems with this team right now have nothing to do with talent and everything to do with confidence and belief. I guarantee you that if you put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team it is instantly transformed into a contender. Peyton Manning has dealt with far worse talent on his OL this season than the Redskins have on theirs. So has Big Ben.

The talent is spread relatively uniformly in the NFL. Sure, some teams are stronger here and there than others, and vice versa. But the differences between teams are largely mental. The best teams have the confidence and belief that they can get the job done - the bad ones don't have that.

There is nothing wrong with the Redskins that a suddenly productive passing game couldn't cure. :2cents:

JLC nailed this one; and got Larry in the process. (I swear Larry reminds me of the tame Biff in back to the future; the one that was polishing McFly's car). People make a lot of our 6 - 2 start. We were very close to losing vs the Cards, Saints and Browns. Hell, if Dallass gets that onside kick, if Hasselback doesn't throw a pick, and if we didn't have CP run out the clock vs Detroit we could very well be sitting with 1 win; vs Philly.

Let that sink in...

Our success hinged on the O-line being healthy. Once the Samuels domino fell we were doomed. One by one the injuries added up. Remember the video of Rabach being pantsed 1v1 vs Dallas?

Hate to admit but JLC and Czabe are right. Blow this team up. Have a fire sale and get as many picks you can get. Can't pin this on the coaching staff. I'm sure Snyderatto will try. But I ain't buying it.

JLC, the consummate professional, grinding his personal axes via the Washington Post.

No, you're mistaken. That's what he normally does, like 95% of the time. :doh: This time, he's pretty much right on the money

Professionalism is over-rated. That doesn't pressure professional sports franchises into seeing the "light". Not that JLC or any reporter can put pressure on such an empire, but there are many that feel the way JLC does. And, it's not because of JLC's reporting or passion for the Skins. Lord knows he's not a Skins fan. He's a certified douche bag, but we all knew that.

I just think that Skins fans are becoming smarter, more in tune, and see past the b.s. that Michael, Vinny, etc have been trying to feed them. Talent? Really? Yeah, this team has a handful of talented players, no real superstars (maybe Portis and Cooley), and the rest are role players, essentially. JLa is right and most of the stuff he's been putting out lately has been dead on balls accurate :2cents:

The team is judged on the entire season, not what happened earlier this year.

The Bills were 5-0, and they could use some talent on their team:doh:.

The Redskins have lacked talent/depth for years, it's just never been quite as glaring as this year, not apparent to as many fans as this year.

The Redskins according to Larry

We have abundant talent

Great coaching

Excellent management from the front office

and idiot fans

I guess we are the ones responsible for the crappy performance on the field.

Yes....The 6-2 talent never existed. This has nothing to do with coaching, qb play, and injuries as well as some poor FO decisions (many of which were made prior to Vinny having full control)....Its all Vinny's fault...

The Redskins need to follow the example set by the Caps and rebuild the team the right way, setting a sound foundation that will allow the team to contend for many years into the future.

Draft and develop your own players and add free agents once you are close.

Snyder needs to conduct a true search for a personnel executive with PROVEN experience to run things during the transition, a period of 1-3 years where this team may very well not be merely mediocre but at times miserable.

But if the choices made are the right ones the Redskins will end up with the DeMarcus Wares, Anquan Boldins and Adrian Petersons rather than seeing them on Washington's NFC competition.

There's no Ovechkin here. The truth is you can turn it around quickly in the NFL but to do so you need to find a QB to bring it all together and we don't have one. Atlanta turned it around in 1 season with the drafting of Matt Ryan!!!! We need to find the QB; from there everything will fall into place.....

There's no Ovechkin here. The truth is you can turn it around quickly in the NFL but to do so you need to find a QB to bring it all together and we don't have one. Atlanta turned it around in 1 season with the drafting of Matt Ryan!!!! We need to find the QB; from there everything will fall into place.....

Oline is far more important. Put Ryan behind the Skins oline and you might see something different;).

Oline is far more important. Put Ryan behind the Skins oline and you might see something different;).

Put JC on the Falcons and they're a below .500 team.

Did I miss something in the Bengals game because I swore JC didn't get sacked once. Am I wrong on that? So if that's the case then why did we only put up 10 pts again? There's always an excuse for JC. Its never him.....Yet in 34 starts he's put up 30 pts ONCE!!!!

And don't be naive. The QB can absolutely help the o-line. The Falcons don't have a great o-line and their rookie tackle got hurt, but guess what...Ryan gets rid of the ball quickly and moves better inside the pocket. Campbell CANNOT move well in the pocket, holds onto the ball too long, and has a long motion so he ain't doing the line any favors.....

Put JC on the Falcons and they're a below .500 team.

Did I miss something in the Bengals game because I swore JC didn't get sacked once. Am I wrong on that? So if that's the case then why did we only put up 10 pts again? There's always an excuse for JC. Its never him.....Yet in 34 starts he's put up 30 pts ONCE!!!!

Don't mistake my post as defense of JC.

:D

I'm just sayin I'd rather see the team draft lineman than a QB right now.

And don't be naive. The QB can absolutely help the o-line. The Falcons don't have a great o-line and their rookie tackle got hurt, but guess what...Ryan gets rid of the ball quickly and moves better inside the pocket. Campbell CANNOT move well in the pocket, holds onto the ball too long, and has a long motion so he ain't doing the line any favors.....

The Falcons oline is actually playing pretty damn well. Campbell was moving in the pocket and making quick decisions early in the season. You take as many hits as he has and have protection break down and you're going to play poorly.

If the line is as bad as JLC says it is, then shouldn't he consider Portis the best back in the division for being 3rd in rushing this season? You can't criticize the o-line then go on to say Portis isn't even as good as Marion Barber Jason. (The same Barber who behind a mammoth o-line is averaging 3.7 yards/carry)

Guess what?

Matt Ryan is a one of a kind talent. You're not going to get a Matt Ryan in every draft, period. The guy's going to one of the next elite QBs in the game for years to come.

But teams don't need that to win the Super Bowl either. Ryan also has an excellent young receiver in Roddy White, who had a Pro Bowl worthy year last year before Ryan got there, and a young Pro Bowl running back as well, with a solid o-line that's playing currently without their future franchise tackle.

The key ingredients to all that? Young studs across the board around Ryan. The Redskins have old, injured guys around Campbell, with some midget receivers who don't get separation.

Could Campbell play better? Sure. But as GSF pointed out, he was playing excellent football at the start of the season until the oldest o-line in the LEAGUE wore down and now can't protect him and can barely open holes for Portis.

The moment we look to making QB our first priority over o-line or the middle of our d-line, is the moment we decide to stay in mediocrity rather than address our real issue.

Archived