Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengal Cat - Where to get one?

I_Bleed_B&G

My wife loves cats and I really don't care much to have one. She has pretty much had one all her life and I've been blowing it off everytime she wanted to get one. Our 1 year anniversary is coming up so I think we have pretty much decided to get one. For me, if I'm going to have a cat, I want one thats pretty cool looking. I don't want one of those really hairy cats that is going to shed its hair everywhere. So my wife and I were looking at Bengal cats. They look cool. Anyone know anything about them or have one? Also where can I get one in the NOVA area? Thanks

My wife loves cats and I really don't care much to have one. She has pretty much had one all her life and I've been blowing it off everytime she wanted to get one. Our 1 year anniversary is coming up so I think we have pretty much decided to get one. For me, if I'm going to have a cat, I want one thats pretty cool looking. I don't want one of those really hairy cats that is going to shed its hair everywhere. So my wife and I were looking at Bengal cats. They look cool. Anyone know anything about them or have one? Also where can I get one in the NOVA area? Thanks

I see you live in Rockville.. You should take a look at this since it's illegal to purchase/own an exotic pet in Maryland. There was of course a moratorium for those that current had them when the law went in to effect.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2006/4498.shtml

I see you live in Rockville.. You should take a look at this since it's illegal to purchase/own an exotic pet in Maryland. There was of course a moratorium for those that current had them when the law went in to effect.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2006/4498.shtml

I'm pretty sure a bengal cat doesn't fit in as an exotic pet. At least I dont think it does. I think its just a breed between a black cat and a asian leopard cat (correct me if i'm wrong). I don't think they get any bigger then a normal cat.

1) Go pick out cat.

2) Fill out http://extremeskins.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5957668some paperwork

3) Possibly have a home visit

4) Possibly write a small check

5) Take home new pet.

Check out www.foha.org, a shelter in Aldie VA. Thats where i got my dog from.

Even easier...go to a local vet. There will invariably be pictures of cats and dogs that need homes. My vet Dr. Hambright on Nebel st does.

Also, Petco on Rockville pike still has pet adoption day. They do have some listings for Bengals as the dominant breed. http://www.petco.com/Content/PetfinderAdoptionsResults.aspx?PetType=Cat&LifeStage=&Breed=bengal&Gender=&Size=&ZipCode=20852

EDTI: I just read you were looking in NoVa. I thought you were in Rockville based on your location listed.

Even easier...go to a local vet. There will invariably be pictures of cats and dogs that need homes. My vet Dr. Hambright on Nebel st does.

Also, Petco on Rockville pike still has pet adoption day. They do have some listings for Bengals as the dominant breed. http://www.petco.com/Content/PetfinderAdoptionsResults.aspx?PetType=Cat&LifeStage=&Breed=bengal&Gender=&Size=&ZipCode=20852

EDTI: I just read you were looking in NoVa. I thought you were in Rockville based on your location listed.

I am in rockville. Not sure why I said Nova. What I meant was DMV. Thanks for catching that

I'm pretty sure a bengal cat doesn't fit in as an exotic pet. At least I dont think it does. I think its just a breed between a black cat and a asian leopard cat (correct me if i'm wrong). I don't think they get any bigger then a normal cat.

Oh wait.. for some reason I thought you were refering to the Tiger... Silly me

Do NOT go to a Petco adoption event. The organization that runs it is like the ****ing Wehrmacht. When i was looking for a dog in the summer, i went to one just to look, and they literally shooed me away.
Wehrmacht reference and PleaseBlitz as a username is an interesting combo, lol. That's too bad about the Petco experience. They're shooting themselves in the foot if they are doing that.
I am in rockville. Not sure why I said Nova. What I meant was DMV. Thanks for catching that

There's always the humane society. They have a place on Stonestreet near downtown Rockville, and a place near Gude drive. http://www.mchumane.org/#

My Brother has a Bengal he bought locally (I think in N Va). It ran him about $2000. It is an awesome cat, but VERY agressive and large. The cat is around 20 lbs. I love felines, and would not recommend a Bengal around very young children - as they like to 'attack' play.

Bengals aren't cats you can usually go out and buy on the spot. My brother researched for a while, and contacted the breeder, and then had to wait until the litter was born.

Good Luck

I Bleed, I've had a few customers that had bengal cats. They are a bit wild and not very interactive with their owners. If you want a great cat, get a male siamese cat. Their temperment is much more like a dogs. It's no surprise that they are the #1 most popular breed.

lancelot421x413.jpg

She used to have a siamese (when she lived with her parents). They are a nice breed of cat. We haven't eliminated the siamese from our search.

My Brother has a Bengal he bought locally (I think in N Va). It ran him about $2000. It is an awesome cat, but VERY agressive and large. The cat is around 20 lbs. I love felines, and would not recommend a Bengal around very young children - as they like to 'attack' play.

Bengals aren't cats you can usually go out and buy on the spot. My brother researched for a while, and contacted the breeder, and then had to wait until the litter was born.

Good Luck

Sounds like an awesome cat. Do you happen to have any pictures of your brothers bengal cat?

Pillow case and any barn you can find.

Seriously, there are so many cats running around, they can't kill them fast enough.

There will be kittens as well. Just go get a random cat any where you want and take it to a vet first thing. (take it out of the sack first, they frown on it).

Spending money on a particular design is great and all, but it's a living breathing critter and we throw them in the garbage by the sack full, might as well help to save one.

Can you hook a redskins fan up :thumbsup:
Sure, just call them and mention Timmysmith.:thumbsup:

Actually since they live in FLA, I can't say I have too much contact. I have seen the cats, though, and they are amazing. It's nothing for one of them to jump on something 10 feet off the ground. I would not own them unless I had lots of space.

Actually since they live in FLA, I can't say I have too much contact. I have seen the cats, though, and they are amazing. It's nothing for one of them to jump on something 10 feet off the ground. I would not own them unless I had lots of space.

Exactly, they are STILL wild natured. Awesome cats, but have incredible strength and hunting skills. They really are awesome animals.

OP - Sorry, I don't have any pics of my bro's cat.

Maybe you can take a trip down and pick one up for me ;). I've searched around and there seems to be a few breeders in the surrounding area. I'll have to check them out.

Good Luck

I think you are confusing a bengal cat with a Savannah cat. A bengal has tiger style patterns, but is typically a regular size house cat. They were bred with Asian leopard cats.

A savannah cat it a cross between an African Serval and a domestic cat. The 1st 3 generations of males are infertile. They are pretty awesome looking animals and are huge. I have been thinking about getting one but don't know how my cat would react to a new friend.

savannah_cat_standing.jpg

Archived