Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengal Cat - Where to get one?

I_Bleed_B&G

A savannah cat it a cross between an African Serval and a domestic cat. The 1st 3 generations of males are infertile. They are pretty awesome looking animals and are huge. I have been thinking about getting one but don't know how my cat would react to a new friend.

savannah_cat_standing.jpg

Are you effing kidding me!? That cat will maul you in your sleep, guaranteed. Don't say I didn't warn you first...

Hey now, Lilu is a good cat. Any cat that destroys your stuff is fine in my books :D
She's my nemisis, she needs to be gone. Now. In fact, I don't even care if it's a good home. I don't have time to beat her in the stare-offs anymore and she won't run away when put outside, I've already tried. ES is my last hope.

Wow, you are a good husband to be getting your wife a cat.

If she isn't too picky, I'll gladly send my roommate's cat free, to a good home. In fact, I'll throw in $50 for good measure. What do ya think?

I use to hate cats. My wife talked me into getting one 2 years ago. It is the best pet I have ever had. They are awesome animals, at least mine is. He comes, sits, high fives. He wears his Redskin jersey on gameday.

I use to hate cats. My wife talked me into getting one 2 years ago. It is the best pet I have ever had. They are awesome animals, at least mine is. He comes, sits, high fives. He wears his Redskin jersey on gameday.

The only cat I like is my own cat, Portis. I like him the best because he lives full-time at my parents' house.

EDIT: I give you cat props for the high-fives though, that's impressive. My cat only gives me the finger.

EDIT, EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, Lilu brings out the worst in me. Good luck finding a Bengal cat however...I have no idea where you'd get one besides researching breeders....

Please consider rescuing a cat .... There are plenty of cats in the area that need homes. Shelters and rescues are trying to NOT put cats down, but they don't have much room these days ..... Just give it a thought. www.petfinder.com

We will definitely look into rescuing a cat. She wants a kitten and not one that is an adult already. How do you do a multi quote. I haven't been able to figure that out? Anyone? Anyone?

I think you are confusing a bengal cat with a Savannah cat. A bengal has tiger style patterns, but is typically a regular size house cat. They were bred with Asian leopard cats.

A savannah cat it a cross between an African Serval and a domestic cat. The 1st 3 generations of males are infertile. They are pretty awesome looking animals and are huge. I have been thinking about getting one but don't know how my cat would react to a new friend.

savannah_cat_standing.jpg

A Bengal does not have Tiger style patterns. They are spotted just like the one in the picture and like the Savannah. You might be thinking of a Toyger.

I have a Bengal. He is big, 25 lbs, but most are not nearly that big. They can cost $2000 and up if you are not fixing them, but most breeders require you to fix them and will charge around $500.

Mine is not "cat like", but very smart and becoming MUCH MORE friendly as he gets older. He is a F4 (4th generation from the split with the Asian Lepord cat).

A Bengal does not have Tiger style patterns. They are spotted just like the one in the picture and like the Savannah. You might be thinking of a Toyger.

I have a Bengal. He is big, 25 lbs, but most are not nearly that big. They can cost $2000 and up if you are not fixing them, but most breeders require you to fix them and will charge around $500.

Mine is not "cat like", but very smart and becoming MUCH MORE friendly as he gets older. He is a F4 (4th generation from the split with the Asian Lepord cat).

does it want to kill?

Maine Coons and Savannahs are my two favorite breeds of domestic cats.

A few Maine Coons (which are, as you can see, long-hared cats, and sort of large):

josh_bud.jpg

ny-maine-coon3-tn.jpg

Maine%20Coon.jpg

Savannahs:

image010.jpg

47096_f260.jpg

They are just beautiful critters!

I have a spot in my heart for Maine Coonies.....They are AWESOME breeds.......We just put our boy Thomas down - a Black and White Maine Coon, after he battled lymphoma for a year......He was 16, RIP Thomas!

Don't sleep on NFC's either (Norwegian Forest Cats).......Not a large breed, but OMG, one of the best companion/active/interested breeds I have ever seen

I have a spot in my heart for Maine Coonies.....They are AWESOME breeds.......We just put our boy Thomas down - a Black and White Maine Coon, after he battled lymphoma for a year......He was 16, RIP Thomas!

Don't sleep on NFC's either (Norwegian Forest Cats).......Not a large breed, but OMG, one of the best companion/active/interested breeds I have ever seen

Sorry to hear of your kitty - RIP Thomas. :-(

Some have speculated that Maine Coons are related to/descended from Norwegian Forest Cats, which were possibly brought over by Scandinavians exploring North America.

Sorry to hear of your kitty - RIP Thomas. :-(

Some have speculated that Maine Coons are related to/descended from Norwegian Forest Cats, which were possibly brought over by Scandinavians exploring North America.

Thanks for your condolences. Anytime we have to put one of our loved ones down, it is so hard. He's in a better place now, playing with his other brothers and sisters.

I would not be the least bit suprised to know that MC's came from NFC's because they are pretty close in temperament. We have a 6 YO NFC that is my absolute buddy - hands down, best cat I have ever had.

I do agree with the few that have chimed in though,

ADOBT A CAT if you can! There are thousands killed everyday in pounds. We adopted one 8 years back (from a junk lot), and he's precious, and would not have survived otherwise. If I had room, I would adopt them all!

My Brother has a Bengal he bought locally (I think in N Va). It ran him about $2000. It is an awesome cat, but VERY agressive and large. The cat is around 20 lbs. I love felines, and would not recommend a Bengal around very young children - as they like to 'attack' play.

Bengals aren't cats you can usually go out and buy on the spot. My brother researched for a while, and contacted the breeder, and then had to wait until the litter was born.

Good Luck

I payed about 1700 for ours but had to get rid of her do to having small children in the house. They are very cool but very aggressive. We called ours "Ginger The Attack Cat". They really attack when they are playing. I should have done more research but she is in a good home now with no children. The are very playful and very smart.

Archived