Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Vinny Cerrato's Busts Thread

BleedinBurgNGold

durant brooks was definitely funny as well. lets not forget all the defensive lineman he took on day one of the draft...............oh wait, thats nobody.

Name a defensive lineman you would have taken with the 21st pick? Mocks had Cailais Campbell going to the Skins at that pick. He didn't get drafted until the 2nd round.

How much playing time would the new DL get? Not much. I don't want to see a first rounder sit on the bench. But in the offseason, there will be some vets hitting the road. So, we will see guys like Rinehart and Jackson play.

A real GM would have the final choice of deciding who we pick up in the off season, not the coaches. So if Lloys was a Gibbs guy and ArchDelux was a GW guy, Vinny should take the blame for listening to the coaches.

I agree, does anyone think Sparano would ever dream of hand picking his players?

durant brooks was definitely funny as well. lets not forget all the defensive lineman he took on day one of the draft...............oh wait, thats nobody.

lol

Maybe it wouldn't have mattered if he took D line or not, since he's been so erratic at judging draft talent.

An inconsistent punter taken in the 6th round shouldn't really be a bust. He overpaid in terms of draft value, but anything beyond a 5th isn't a true bust no matter how badly they play.

I agree Lloyd and Archuletta were probably the worst disasters he ever brought into play here. Deion didn't play all that bad as a CB, and his punt returning wasn't much better than Randle-El's. Bruce Smith made some impact, but became a big distraction when they started promoting those coins associated with the sack record.

Bigger than the busts he brought in were probably the parts he left missing. Defensive pressure guys, CBs that make INTs and more players that score TDs.

Archived