Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Vinny Cerrato's Busts Thread

BleedinBurgNGold

He's been here almost a Decade with a 1 year Hiatus. He's been a misreable failure since day one so this thread is made for everyone to account for all the poor decisions that have cost this team (both finiancially and win/loss).

I'll start. It was tough between B. Lloyd and 'Dancing with the Stars'. But im gonna go with Dancing. Tuna gave us a 35 year old and we gave up draft picks and $8M for him.

Have At It!!

adam archuleta and blloyd. archuleta was probably the worst.

he was so pathetic gibbs had to call him the personal punt protector. dude goes from 1st round draft pick pro bowl jarring hit saftey, to most overpaid worthless pathetic excuse for a football player, and had to top it off with a hall of fame coach calling him the personal punt protector.

blloyd, jason taylor, randle el are all there as well. all 3 contribute(d) pretty much next to nothing for this team, especially with how much they were getting paid.

Archuletta was a Pro Bowler with St. Louis. He was a big hitter in college and his early pro years. When the Skins got him, I thought he was going to end up being one of our greatest players. For some reason, Washington was just not the place for him. He either missed tackles or was burnt a million times. he just plained ol sucked here.

So, wait, Gregg Williams gets nothing on the ARchuleta front? That's just VInny's bust?

If anything it proves that Vinny didn't have enough power to say no to Gregg Williams or others before.

If thats the case, Lets all Blame Durant Brooks on Gum Chewin Danny Smith. The Fault usually falls on the guy that makes the FGinal Call, The GM or VP Of Football Ops in our case.

Edit: Danny did choose Durant over Frosty. But they both sucked.

I've heard that Lloyd and Arch were Gibbs' guys, not Vinny.

You hear that from Vinny? Because he's on record -- you know, before Lloyd turned into a bust of epic proportions here -- that Gibbs told him they needed another receiver and he told Joe that Lloyd was the best available one.

So far,

Jason Taylor.

Erasmus James.

Not sure I could label either of these two guys a bust.

JT = future HoF. Had been doing extremely well over the years, including LAST year. We had to get someone on our DLine and he was definitely the guy to get. Oh, don't forget he's been hurt all year long.

Erasmus - Such a great humanist during the Renaissance era. Oh wait, the other Erasmus. I still don't think he's a bust. First, he rarely plays. Second, he's coming off TWO knee surgeries and hasn't been able to fully prove himself yet imo. Third, he was only worth a SEVENTH round draft pick. You'll hardly find a 7th rounder amount to anything. And when they do, everyone is like WOW it's amazing he's good (ie, Horton). If anyone knew he was going to be as good as he is, he'd never had lasted until the 7th round.

Not sure I could label either of these two guys a bust.

JT = future HoF. Had been doing extremely well over the years, including LAST year. We had to get someone on our DLine and he was definitely the guy to get. Oh, don't forget he's been hurt all year long.

Erasmus - Such a great humanist during the Renaissance era. Oh wait, the other Erasmus. I still don't think he's a bust. First, he rarely plays. Second, he's coming off TWO knee surgeries and hasn't been able to fully prove himself yet imo. Third, he was only worth a SEVENTH round draft pick. You'll hardly find a 7th rounder amount to anything. And when they do, everyone is like WOW it's amazing he's good (ie, Horton). If anyone knew he was going to be as good as he is, he'd never had lasted until the 7th round.

Erasmus James has been cut...

I'm telling you people, sit back, kick your feet up and let Vinny blow this team up and rebuild it. He's in the driver seat, this is going to be a tough pill to swallow, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Hear me out. The longer we sit around and plug in free agents into the current machine, the longer we draw out this mediocrity. We all know that mediocre teams keep Vinny employed, hell, they got Vinny a promotion!

Now, if we let him blow up the team and let this incompetent boob put it back together, you know it's going to be spectacularly awful. Four or five three win seasons later those bad teams are going to start cutting into Snyders profits, since Vinny is the last one accountable for anything he'll be shown the door. Hallelujah

The end.

Archived