Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell presser on 980 with Doc

NastyBoy

I agree with NastyBoy here, I have NEVER been a fan of his. Tolerant at times yes but never a fan. I will jump for joy when I hear he is gone.

Doesn't the jumping for joy depend on who replaces him? I know its hard for Skins to believe but we could actually do worse if the right decisions arent made. Unfortunately I dont know if we have the people in place to make those right decisions

I wouldn't start Colt or Todd Collins. If I were Jim Zorn I would pull Jason Campbell into my office and tell him that these last two games are and audition for his job. Tell him that his demeanor will be evaluated just as hard as his play. He is interviewing for his job. Point blank he needs to lead this team. Unfortunately for Sleepy there are only two games left. To play QB in this league you gotta have balls and you gotta whip'em out sometimes and put them on the other teams chin. It's time for JC to do this.

Play this game against the Eagle's like it is your mua f'in superbowl. If he doesn't why would we think the regular season next year would be any different?

Ok.....so at least now we have an intelligent debate. Thank God!!!

Here's my take on that. Yes, that could very well happen. BUT.......I'll use the Aikman and P. Manning AND E. Manning examples. Those guys were CRUSHED when they were first inserted in the lineup. They didn't crumble. They progressed. Got better. Learned from it.

Conversely, Patrick Ramsey folded like a cheap suit. If that made him mentally weak and insecure in the pocket, then he wasn't and ISN'T the quarterback some thought he was. He went elsewhere and low and behold, other teams agreed he wasn't the guy.

I want a guy who can take it. Who WANTS to be out there fully understanding he'll probably take his lumps before he's successful. Welcomes the contact and becomes more determined to succeed. Colt seems to have that mentality, but who knows?

He's a professional QB.......there's no need to coddle rookies. He's had all of training camp and 14 games to see what he can expect out there. I bet you a gajillion dollars he'd run out there with bells on given the chance.

Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. There is also a difference though, the three names you mentioned were #1 overall picks. Brennan was a 6th round pick.

Again, I am not saying Brennan will suck or be great. The only thing that could make this season worse is by playing people who are not ready to play and ruin there development. That is something Snyder WOULD do and it is something that needs to stop. The team, fanbase, players, coaches, etc. need to start having some patience with things. Sure to get a spark in a season that is over with, Brennan would be FUN to watch. But I am one who is thinking three years from now and do not want to see us blowing this team up every year because we didn't have a successfull SB that season. It takes time, patience, and investments. At least that my 2 :2cents:

I wouldn't start Colt or Todd Collins. If I were Jim Zorn I would pull Jason Campbell into my office and tell him that these last two games are and audition for his job. Tell him that his demeanor will be evaluated just as hard as his play. He is interviewing for his job. Point blank he needs to lead this team. Unfortunately for Sleepy there are only two games left. To play QB in this league you gotta have balls and you gotta whip'em out sometimes and put them on the other teams chin. It's time for JC to do this.

Play this game against the Eagle's like it is your mua f'in superbowl. If he doesn't why would we think the regular season next year would be any different?

I wouldn't have a problem with this idea. Problem is, neither JZ or JC have the cojones to A) do it, and B) execute

:applause:

Amen, couldn't have said it better myself.

That's fine - at this point I really don't even care really. There have been way too many people wishing Campbell to fail over the past year or two - it's been pretty sickening actually but at this point it's probably best if he just goes somewhere else and proves whether or not he has the potential that I think he has had - I'm not sure this particular fanbase or franchise is the right fit at this point in time.

I'm not sold on Brennan either - the only "gunslinger" I can recall being a great NFL QB is Favre and I would actually debate whether his approach has hurt his team more than helped it over the years.

I agree with you here. I actually want Campbell to go elsewhere so we can see if its the franchise or its him. A change of scenery will do him some good and let us start over AGAIN.....

Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. There is also a difference though, the three names you mentioned were #1 overall picks. Brennan was a 6th round pick.

Again, I am not saying Brennan will suck or be great. The only thing that could make this season worse is by playing people who are not ready to play and ruin there development. That is something Snyder WOULD do and it is something that needs to stop. The team, fanbase, players, coaches, etc. need to start having some patience with things. Sure to get a spark in a season that is over with, Brennan would be FUN to watch. But I am one who is thinking three years from now and do not want to see us blowing this team up every year because we didn't have a successfull SB that season. It takes time, patience, and investments. At least that my 2 :2cents:

They were #1 picks.......I'll give you that. Ryan Leaf was a second overall pick...........and he sucked donkey balls!

Some guys are gonna get it, and some guys won't. I agree, in part, that it's always better to have the luxury to have the guy sit and learn until he's "ready".........whatever that means.

Having played professional sports myself........I know that having the time to mature and learn is great, but I also know that putting a guy in before that maturation takes place should not "ruin" him for ever-more. It may expose where he is in his development, but in no way should make him so guy-shy that he's tarnished indefinitely. Again, I hear what you're saying, but I can't subscribe to that philosophy. Obviously I wouldn't want to see a guy destroyed and a future investment obliterated. But we need to get a read on where he is in order to formulate a plan for the off season. JC is an unrestricted free agent next year............decisions need to be made...........and it would sure be helpful if the team knew where it's proverbial bread was buttered.

That's fine - at this point I really don't even care really. There have been way too many people wishing Campbell to fail over the past year or two - it's been pretty sickening actually but at this point it's probably best if he just goes somewhere else and proves whether or not he has the potential that I think he has had - I'm not sure this particular fanbase or franchise is the right fit at this point in time.

Agree, you can't take people in slices. You have to take the good with the bad, same for our beloved and behated QB. Ah, where would we be without a QB controversy in this town. :kickcan:

They were #1 picks.......I'll give you that. Ryan Leaf was a second overall pick...........and he sucked donkey balls!

Some guys are gonna get it, and some guys won't. I agree, in part, that it's always better to have the luxury to have the guy sit and learn until he's "ready".........whatever that means.

Having played professional sports myself........I know that having the time to mature and learn is great, but I also know that putting a guy in before that maturation takes place should not "ruin" him for ever-more. It may expose where he is in his development, but in no way should make him so guy-shy that he's tarnished indefinitely. Again, I hear what you're saying, but I can't subscribe to that philosophy. Obviously I wouldn't want to see a guy destroyed and a future investment obliterated. But we need to get a read on where he is in order to formulate a plan for the off season. JC is an unrestricted free agent next year............decisions need to be made...........and it would sure be helpful if the team knew where it's proverbial bread was buttered.

Fair enough. The longer we continue it, it will go from a discussion to an argument. But since you have played professionally, I am definitely stopping here because the experience of the situation is in your favor. My only stance is to take your route, but by week 8 of next year or maybe just an open competition in camp. Doing it today just closes the door on JC when there is no reason to do so with nothing to play for.

Please go Jason. I hope you get traded and you make some plays for another team playing backup when the the starting QB goes down and hope everything goes OK for you. Away from here.

-Why, so you can complain about the next QB that will also not play good unless the O-Line gets fixed. There isnt a QB out there who can through the ball well, and make big plays from there back. We need a new O-Line!!!!!

Not sure who's listening.............but Doc is so obviously frustrated discussing stuff with Jason.

Campbell sounds like he's lost...........much the way he looks on game day.....lol.

Also.......he's basically not answering any of Doc's questions, which seems to be frustrating him even more.

Painful.

Jason ALWAYS has the look of confusion and being lost on his face!!!!

You dudes have it all figured out "geniuses". Bring on Todd Collins who is 50 and Colt Brennen unproven you make so much since !!!

I find it funny myself!! No Qb will have success on our team with the way the O-Line is playing. Football is a team sport, JC is supposed to manage the game, the big play makers are supposed to make big plays. JC is not playing great, but not horrible either. There are a lot of players on the team that could be playing alot better. Like Cooley, my fav. player, the biggest play he made last week was a fumble.

I really think Jason can be somewhat successful. But he would require everything around him to be perfect and seamless, and it would still take him a while to progress before he is where he needs to be. I think he is just too much of a project for this team right now. We need someone to carry the team while we are still rebuilding. Jason is literally playing his way out.

I'm officially throwing in my JC club card. I think it would smart FOR THE TEAM to let him the season and if Zorn is here, start next season. But I'm ready for the Colt Brennan era, or at least another QB.

Fair enough. The longer we continue it, it will go from a discussion to an argument. But since you have played professionally, I am definitely stopping here because the experience of the situation is in your favor. My only stance is to take your route, but by week 8 of next year or maybe just an open competition in camp. Doing it today just closes the door on JC when there is no reason to do so with nothing to play for.

AKM.......you've been a true gentleman. I can assure you I love a good debate, but I wouldn't argue with you. It's totally counter-productive. I understand and respect your opinion, and you've respected mine. We're all good, my friend! :cheers:

I really think Jason can be somewhat successful. But he would require everything around him to be perfect and seamless, and it would still take him a while to progress before he is where he needs to be. I think he is just too much of a project for this team right now. We need someone to carry the team while we are still rebuilding. Jason is literally playing his way out.

I'm officially throwing in my JC club card. I think it would smart FOR THE TEAM to let him the season and if Zorn is here, start next season. But I'm ready for the Colt Brennan era, or at least another QB.

-OK, answer me this. How is Colt going to make a play down feild, when they require time for the recivers to get open. A new QB is not going to change the fact that our O-Line can not give a QB any time for a play to develope

On the few times when the line held up and gave time, JC made completions, weird how that works!!

Leave JC alone. What do you expect him to say? You no what yall was loving him when we beat dallas and philly at home !! Talk to me next season and if he hasnt progressed he has to go then. Thats what really pisses me off about skin fans we complain about qb's all the time only when we start losing.
The man is suppose to be a leader, yet every series he comes out without any emotion. A quartback needs emotion to root his offense on.

Archived