Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell presser on 980 with Doc

NastyBoy

-OK, answer me this. How is Colt going to make a play down feild, when they require time for the recivers to get open. A new QB is not going to change the fact that our O-Line can not give a QB any time for a play to develope

On the few times when the line held up and gave time, JC made completions, weird how that works!!

See: Bengals game; plenty of time for JC, missed open receivers, planted the ball at cooley's feet when it was a straight walk into the endzone, hesitated into pressure, almost got moss killed, etc.

-OK, answer me this. How is Colt going to make a play down feild, when they require time for the recivers to get open. A new QB is not going to change the fact that our O-Line can not give a QB any time for a play to develope

On the few times when the line held up and gave time, JC made completions, weird how that works!!

I'm not trying to build a case for Colt, but Receivers are getting open and getting separation. Campbell, for some reason, is not seeing them even when he has time. Look at any of the threads with live game updates as they occur and you'll see this on a regular basis. He's still starting down WR's.

See: Bengals game; plenty of time for JC, missed open receivers, planted the ball at cooley's feet when it was a straight walk into the endzone, hesitated into pressure, almost got moss killed, etc.

The Moss play, in particular, was inexcusable. First thing I did was wonder whether he was trying to get the guy killed.

I'm not trying to build a case for Colt, but Receivers are getting open and getting separation. Campbell, for some reason, is not seeing them even when he has time. Look at any of the threads with live game updates as they occur and you'll see this on a regular basis. He's still starting down WR's.

Sorry to tell you, but by the time the recivers are getting separation JC has a hand in his face or is already on his back because of another blown assignment by the O-line.

Your senerio, may be true a few times, but there isnt a QB in the league who dosent see a reciver every time!!

You are preaching to the choir brother. I don't think any QB at this point will help the teams sans Manning or Brady. HOWEVER, I think that JC has certain traits that when even given time like earlier in the season when the pass pro was good, and last weekend when he had more time, that shows he has a lot to learn. He stares down receivers far too much. Come on. Third year in the league doing the same thing. Doesn't keep his eyes down field. Early in the year he showed signs of improvement, but I think it will take him at least 2 years to be where guys like Ryan, Rodgers, Cutler, Rivers, Flacco, and other young QB's are at already.

Unfortunately for him, he is has gone through nothing but changes here. I think JC could have been very good if brought into the righ situation. Unfortunately, Washington wasn't the right place. I think he can have a future sitting behind a veteran QB on a team that has the same offensive system year in and year out, and gives him good protection. But I don't think he will ever be to the level of a franchise QB, but more of a manager.

The Moss play, in particular, was inexcusable. First thing I did was wonder whether he was trying to get the guy killed.

It was 3rd down, what do you JC to do, take a knee, LOL. The you guys really would be complaining. Moss the the only one who had a chance of converting on that play, you have to give him a chance to do it!!

Sorry to tell you, but by the time the recivers are getting separation JC has a hand in his face or is already on his back because of another blown assignment by the O-line.

Your senerio, may be true a few times, but there isnt a QB in the league who dosent see a reciver every time!!

He's not getting any less time than the average O-Line, except when we had injury problems against Baltimore, and he does stay in the pocket and take too many hits. He thinks too slowly and doesn't get rid of the ball, all the same problems Patrick Ramsey had.

I am so dang frustrated all the skins do is go into a complete circle since 1992. NEW QB NEW COACH... NEW QB NEW COACH... over and over again..um sick of it. Let JC start next year he at least deserves one more year..yall are harder on this guy than brunell I swear !

Brunell was old and done.............JC was SUPPOSED to be the future.

Huge difference!

It was 3rd down, what do you JC to do, take a knee, LOL. The you guys really would be complaining. Moss the the only one who had a chance of converting on that play, you have to give him a chance to do it!!

He threw the ball too late. Watch the replay. If he gets through his progression more quickly, that ball is delivered on-time and Moss doesn't have to jump for it.

he is supposed to throw the ball before santana gets open, not pump fake, get the safety down on him, then launch it high into triple coverage

You are preaching to the choir brother. I don't think any QB at this point will help the teams sans Manning or Brady. HOWEVER, I think that JC has certain traits that when even given time like earlier in the season when the pass pro was good, and last weekend when he had more time, that shows he has a lot to learn. Unfortunately for him, he is has gone through nothing but changes here. It is my opinion that Jason needs more consistency than most. He has one year left on his contract and I don't forsee him doing any better. I don't care who are QB is, I just don't think JC will ever be what we are looking for.

Next year JC will have anouther year of this system under him, which would help, and would you say with a good O-Line he would be improved. I shure would, I what to see some changes at the O-Line in the offseason, this must be done if the skins will have success next year!!

Nastyboy you are so dang negative would like us all to jump over the cliff like you !

Nope. Just you.

I'm not being negative. More like unbiased and objective. Are you having a problem with taking a step back and seeing what your eyes are showing you? Objectivity seems to be an issue for you.

Can someone provide recap for doc's comments after the interview?

Yes, please! I wish they'd extend the files in the ESPN980 "audio vault" to include post-interview comments. But I could tell how frustrated Doc was getting during that segment... he didn't sound happy at the end. It was like he was wondering why they waste the time to interview a guy who says absolutely nothing.

Next year JC will have anouther year of this system under him, which would help, and would you say with a good O-Line he would be improved. I shure would, I what to see some changes at the O-Line in the offseason, this must be done if the skins will have success next year!!

Ultimately, I think Zorn will be JC's demise. It will take a lot for Zorn and JC next year to convince Snyder and everyone to keep them around. Unless Zorn makes some serious changes, I don't think they will make big strides.

I think people need to realize this. Last year we took 4 players in the first three rounds. An Olinemen, two WR's and a TE. This is all offensive players. A new offensive system was put in with the same personnel that could not get it done last year so we drafted all on offense. We were unable to get any help from the rookies, that's fine, they are rookies. So we had the same players on the field as a team that struggled last year. New offense, same cast that was in obvious need of upgrade and then Jason Campbell doesn't throw an interception for the first 8 games and we go 6-2.

Then reality happens and our old line can't run block anymore, they get hurt like they did last year. Eight in the box, no pass protection, same pass catching core that we were in so desperate need to upgrade we spend 3 2nd rounders on it.

He threw the ball too late. Watch the replay. If he gets through his progression more quickly, that ball is delivered on-time and Moss doesn't have to jump for it.

Zorn said JC was going through his reads too quickly. True story. So don't give me the crap about not going through is progressions quick enough and staring down recievers.

Archived