Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Chances for Redskins (MERGED, MET)

footballhenry

It's a moot point really, but the only possible way the Redskins can make it into the playoffs (does it really matter anyway?) is if these things happen over the next couple of games correct?:

Week 15:

Browns MUST beat the Eagles tonight.

Week 16:

Ravens MUST beat the Cowboys.

Vikings MUST beat the Falcons. (or the Chargers MUST beat the Bucs?)

Redskins MUST beat the Eagles.

Week 17:

Rams MUST beat the Falcons (or the Raiders MUST beat the Bucs?)

Eagles MUST beat the Cowboys.

Redskins MUST beat the 49ers.

I do believe that if any one of these things does NOT occur then the Skins are mathematically eliminated from contention.....such a travesty after that 6-2 start. I was sure that we were at least a lock for a wildcard:(. I think that the Rams game earlier in the year is what exposed this team for what it really is earlier on....

While it's not likely - There are actually lots of different senerios (Including one that gives us the 5th seed).

Browns don't need to win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&15=45110100&16=11155551&17=40504410

So many will ask "Why care". I'll answer

This team is clearly not a playoff team and please, I have no illusions about them. Zorn looks over matched (Although I do think he has potential to learn). The OL looks over matched, the Defense looks avg (Sorry -No pressure, and giving up 2 TD's in the 1st qtr!) The skins seem to think they are better then they are and can just show up to win....

They can't.

Having said all that -I HATE meaningless games. They suck the life out of me. When there are so many games with things on the line, watching the Redskins play out the string is like is like being stuck in a hotel room in Los Vegas... You know EVERYTHING you could possible want is going on right outside your door.... but you are STUCK doing nothing....

So I have no choice. I have to see what it would take for the game NOT to be meaningless. Skins are not officially eliminated....

I will be watching. It's what I do. And if I am watching, I will want the game to mean something.

Yes. Who cares? It is over! They don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They have NO heart. NO fight. NO passion. They pretty much SUCK (and it pains me to say that). If you go into Cincy, with the playoffs on the line, and play like THAT...you have NO business being in the playoffs. Living in the NY area..where most of my friends are Giants fans...I must say that I am quite embarrassed of the way my team has played the past several weeks. While I'll always root for the Maroon and Black...I can honestly say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the ownership, the players, and the coaches. They ALL suck from top to bottom. I truly feel that if Gibbs was still the coach...we would be all sitting here fighting for the division. He would have had this team PREPARED to win against teams like the Steelers, the Giants, the Cowboys, and CERTAINLY the Bengals! The Bengals?! The frickin' BENGALS?

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs.....sadly every prediction about this team finishing last in the east looking correct.....

I hope the majority of this board remembers this fact next August before labeling every person that predicts another last place finish a 'hater'.

NFC Playoff Standings

Record Divisional Winners Wildcard No Playoffs Team Division W L T 1** 2** 3* 4* 5 6 7 Giants East 11 3 0 63% 25% 12% ^ ^ ^ ^ Panthers South 11 3 0 37% 40% 2% < 1% 10% 8% ^ Vikings North 9 5 0 X 14% 73% 5% < 1% < 1% 8% Cardinals West 8 6 0 X X 5% 95% ^ ^ ^ Buccaneers South 9 5 0 X 14% < 1% < 1% 40% 32% 14% Falcons South 9 5 0 X 6% < 1% < 1% 16% 26% 52% Cowboys East 9 5 0 X X X X 30% 18% 52% Bears North 8 6 0 X X 8% < 1% < 1% 2% 91% Eagles East 7 5 1 X X X X 4% 15% 82% Redskins East 7 7 0 X X X X < 1% < 1% > 99% Saints South 7 7 0 X X X X X X 100% Packers North 5 9 0 X X X X X X 100% Forty-Niners West 5 9 0 X X X X X X 100% Seahawks West 3 11 0 X X X X X X 100% Rams West 2 12 0 X X X X X X 100% Lions North 0 14 0 X X X X X X 100%

• Notes
  • ^ means the team will finish better than this playoff spot - ties of future unplayed games are not considered
  • X means the team cannot win this playoff spot - ties of future unplayed games are not considered
  • 50% - probability the team will win this playoff spot - green number indicates the team controls its destiny for this spot
  • 50% - probability the team will win this playoff spot - red number indicates the team does not control its destiny for this spot
  • * denotes home field advantage in the first round of the post season tournament
  • ** denotes a bye in the first round of the post season tournament

Okay, no formatting: GO HERE:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

I stopped after you said Skins must beat the Eagles....

The Browns don't need to beat the Eagles. The Skins could still get in if the Falcons, Bucs, and Cowboys all lose out if the Eagles win tonight. But far less likely than that scenario is the skins would actually have to win two straight. So we can forget about that.

It's a moot point really, but the only possible way the Redskins can make it into the playoffs (does it really matter anyway?) is if these things happen over the next couple of games correct?:

Week 15:

Browns MUST beat the Eagles tonight.

Week 16:

Ravens MUST beat the Cowboys.

Vikings MUST beat the Falcons. (or the Chargers MUST beat the Bucs?)

Redskins MUST beat the Eagles.

Week 17:

Rams MUST beat the Falcons (or the Raiders MUST beat the Bucs?)

Eagles MUST beat the Cowboys.

Redskins MUST beat the 49ers.

I do believe that if any one of these things does NOT occur then the Skins are mathematically eliminated from contention.....such a travesty after that 6-2 start. I was sure that we were at least a lock for a wildcard:(. I think that the Rams game earlier in the year is what exposed this team for what it really is earlier on....

What? It could happen.:rolleyes:

Archived