Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop Whining.

PlayAction

But, JZ inherited this team. Unfortunately, Danny and Vinny insist on wasting draft picks on bad college guys and over the hill has been superstars. Zorn needs his own guys. Bring in anyone else, who will inherit the same players, and you get more of the same. Hell, I like Zorn. I almost want him to get fired just so he can move on while he still has a chance at a successful career.

I like Zorn as well. But he's not right for this job anymore. He was. He was great. Then he lost the team. It's extremely tough to regain a team once you've lost it.

Zorn being fired would be the best thing for him. He'll be a good coach somewhere, but we need to remedy our situation here, and he's made a costly mistake in his first year as a head coach. Such is life.

We also need to get rid of some of these players to the best of our ability. Now, that may not be this season, and you may see Zorn stay another year...

Why?

I assume if 2010 is uncapped, that obviously means no cap hit for releasing guys. So if we fail next year, we can release a bunch of guys and restart from scratch with a new Coach. And if we succeed next year we have some continuity and we can still release some guys.

I'm all for continuity. Really. I am. But not with a Coach that has lost the team as badly as Zorn has. I could see the discontent on the players faces on the sidelines.

Coach Zorn as well as some of the players on this team are probably on their way out. And I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I'm glad the players are discontent. They should be because they just lost another game. If you fire Zorn you might as well trade the QB because he's just not ever going to be any good with yet another OC. The new coach will have the same problems as Zorn (no WRs, old OL, and a Dline that cannot generate any pass pressure. Would you expect next year's record to be any better?

There's no point in complaining about the coach or even the players at this point. There's a lack of talent. How does a guy like Parcells take a lowly team like the Dolphins and make them competitive in ONE year? A good eye for talent. Parcells said two years ago that Jansen was toast. The Skins still haven't come to that conclusion yet or drafted a player to replace him. Improve the talent level on the OL, DL and WR and the results will be different.

One possible bright side - Jim Mora may clean house in Seattle. Hopefully, Skins will be able to pick up some reasonable talent for the WCO at good prices.

Yea. I kinda figured that. But arguing with people who are venting is a GREAT way to boost your post count.

:silly:

LOL...rest assured, I take none of this personally and resort to name calling or any of that nonsense as some people do, I just hate that some accept the status quo with ease.

I like Zorn as well. But he's not right for this job anymore. He was. He was great. Then he lost the team. It's extremely tough to regain a team once you've lost it.

Zorn being fired would be the best thing for him. He'll be a good coach somewhere, but we need to remedy our situation here, and he's made a costly mistake in his first year as a head coach. Such is life.

We also need to get rid of some of these players to the best of our ability. Now, that may not be this season, and you may see Zorn stay another year...

Why?

I assume if 2010 is uncapped, that obviously means no cap hit for releasing guys. So if we fail next year, we can release a bunch of guys and restart from scratch with a new Coach. And if we succeed next year we have some continuity and we can still release some guys.

But who in their right mind would come here? Cowher? Not likely. Look at the process of finally naming Zorn head coach.

I'm glad the players are discontent. They should be because they just lost another game. If you fire Zorn you might as well trade the QB because he's just not ever going to be any good with yet another OC. The new coach will have the same problems as Zorn (no WRs, old OL, and a Dline that cannot generate any pass pressure. Would you expect next year's record to be any better?

There's no point in complaining about the coach or even the players at this point. There's a lack of talent. How does a guy like Parcells take a lowly team like the Dolphins and make them competitive in ONE year? A good eye for talent. Parcells said two years ago that Jansen was toast. The Skins still haven't come to that conclusion yet or drafted a player to replace him. Improve the talent level on the OL, DL and WR and the results will be different.

One possible bright side - Jim Mora may clean house in Seattle. Hopefully, Skins will be able to pick up some reasonable talent for the WCO at good prices.

And that's why Parcells got rid of Jason Taylor. (Game over man! Game over!) And what happens???? Dan and Vinny give away a 2nd and 6th to get him! That's why I say that nothing changes until those two clowns are gone.

Zorn or no Zorn, we've got more going wrong for this team then right. Whens Snyder going to take some heat for this, all this money invested into these lack luster players who play like a high school team?

I don't see very many players on this team that play their hearts out with the exception of a few. very few. They all want paychecks but very few seem to want to work for it.

Where is the Darrell Greens, Art Monk, John Riggins caliber players on this current day roster? Guys who we knew at any time could change the game in 1 play and knew when the game was on the line they would pull through... I sadly do not see these type of players on our current day roster. Luckily I was alive to witness some of these greats and hopefully our franchise one day can return to its former glory.

Hail!

Where is the Darrell Greens, Art Monk, John Riggins caliber players on this current day roster? Guys who we knew at any time could change the game in 1 play and knew when the game was on the line they would pull through... I sadly do not see these type of players on our current day roster. Luckily I was alive to witness some of these greats and soon our franchise will return to its former glory.

Dude, those type of players aren't ANYWHERE in the NFL anymore.

But who in their right mind would come here? Cowher? Not likely. Look at the process of finally naming Zorn head coach.

Agreed...any good coach would/should not come here!! After watching this owner roll coaches in and out, overlook good coaches, and have a yes man for a GM, anyone who is halfway decent would have second thoughts. This division may have 2 new coaches next year in Dallas OR Philly. There will be teams that need a coach with a good FO that will be more attractive than the skins although the skins could pay and offer more.

Agreed...any good coach would/should not come here!! After watching this owner roll coaches in and out' date=' overlook good coaches, and have a yes man for a GM, anyone who is halfway decent would have second thoughts. This division may have 2 new coaches next year in Dallas OR Philly. There will be teams that need a coach with a good FO that will be more attractive than the skins although the skins could pay and offer more.[/quote']

Yep, success starts with the front office. Watch us end up with Wade Phillips. :silly:

+1
Agreed...any good coach would/should not come here!! After watching this owner roll coaches in and out' date=' overlook good coaches, and have a yes man for a GM, anyone who is halfway decent would have second thoughts. This division may have 2 new coaches next year in Dallas OR Philly. There will be teams that need a coach with a good FO that will be more attractive than the skins although the skins could pay and offer more.[/quote']

Very much agree with these two.

The Skins are no better and no worse than they were in four years under Gibbs.

The best records in the regular season under Gibbs were 9-7 and 10-6. The winning seasons were followed by losing seasons.

Yes, but the teams under Gibbs never gave up, they played with passion until the very end. They overcame injuries to finish strong and they always made us proud by playing hard.

We had respect around the league because eveybody knew that win or loose, they were in for a physical dog fight.

This past week Marvin Lewis said he was confident that they could be more physical than us, last year, he would of been laughed out of the press room if he said that.

That is not the case this year, Zorn has lost the team.

Yes, but the teams under Gibbs never gave up, they played with passion until the very end. They overcame injuries to finish strong and they always made us proud by playing hard.

So, in other words, the OP shouldn't have talked about fairweather fans. He should have talked about fairweather players!

We had respect around the league because eveybody knew that win or loose, they were in for a physical dog fight.

This past week Marvin Lewis said he was confident that they could be more physical than us, last year, he would of been laughed out of the press room if he said that.

Who determines passion?

Look, I know it's bad guys, but it's been worse. I, like most people, was pleasently shocked when the skins started the season as hot as they did. Reasons: rookie head coach, aging lines, lack of talent on offense(which is the main problem that held Gibbs back more then scheme). But before we blame the Danny for this, for every Jason Taylor there's been a London Fletcher. For every Adam Archuleta a Sean Taylor. For every Brandon Lloyd, a Clinton Portis. For every TJ Duckett, a Deangelo Hall.

As bad as it is, we still have a Franchise QB to build around, which leaves us with a future. Rebuilding the lines, which I know will be a priority this offseason, is the only way to give this team a chance to improve on what is now a .500 record. Hell, didn't we just lose both our starting tackles? Danny isn't perfect, but if you love this team, you WILL NOT let those philly fans take over our stadium next Sunday. If our team sees themselves surround by green at home next week, they will give up, and I won't blame them.

Danny is getting better at this, and I'd rather have an owner who I knew loved this team as much as I did, compared to someone who simple didn't give a sh*t. Don't let your frustration drive you to do something that could ripple effect the very football team you claim to love so much. This team just doesn't have enough talent, it isn't lack of heart. We almost tied the game, and there's only so much you can do period if you're getting your asses whopped in the trenches. Corners can't cover forever, Qbs can't throw on their backs.

:helmet:

Archived