Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet Peeves

stratoman

I work in Manassas Virginia and it has a very large Hispanic population. The really big pet peeve is that a large majority of hispanics just love to go slower than slow in the left lane, whats even worse many are driving work trucks that are overloaded. This causes everyone to dive into the right lane like they are passing on a nascar track. After about 20 people pass and honk the person gets the message and pulls to the right, at the exact moment that I dove right ,so I end up waiting again for the chance to pass.:laugh:

That line of drool that extends from the corner of your mouth to the pillow when you wake up and lift your head.

People that feel its necessary to spray diarrhea all over the public toilet because they are afraid they might catch something from the seat. Heres some advise.. TURN THE HELL AROUND AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID, MORON!!!

Restrooms with the air dryer and no paper towels.

Women that watch the same damn movie every three to five days (sorry honey).

When the wife uses your car and forgets to move the seat back.

Never receiving what you ordered at the fast food restaurant drive through.

Employees who can't speak English at Orlando theme parks.

Holes in socks.

People who think their car horn is actually a buzz-in device for a game show.

People who wear muscle shirts to a restaurant.

People who pay for their candy out of the penny dish.

People who talk on the phone while flailing their arms about as if the person on the other line can see them.

People who will drive around a parking lot for 15 minutes to get 4 spots closer.

People who go to the "cheapest gas in town" station only to sit three deep at a pump waiting their turn......with the car running and the AC on full blast. I worked at this station, you see.

People at the theme parks who think by pushing you, and the 4000 others ahead of them, will somehow ensure they will see every attraction (this also includes the elderly).

Menstrual cycles and PMS.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I work in Manassas Virginia and it has a very large Hispanic population. The really big pet peeve is that a large majority of hispanics just love to go slower than slow in the left lane, whats even worse many are driving work trucks that are overloaded. This causes everyone to dive into the right lane like they are passing on a nascar track. After about 20 people pass and honk the person gets the message and pulls to the right, at the exact moment that I dove right ,so I end up waiting again for the chance to pass.:laugh:

You'd love LA

Originally posted by escholz

Tell me something Kevin, does it kind of bug you when you're on the freeway and everybody slows down and drives like a dumbass and won't pass you? I know if I were a cop that would annoy the hell out of me. It would be like having an entire state tail you all at once.

No that doesn't bug me, what bugs me is when I'm trying to get somewhere such as a non-emergency call, or I already got a prisoner in the back on my way to the jail, and everyone in front of me drives 5-10 mph slower than the speed limit.

I know everyone I get behind who hasn't done anything wrong in the last 5 minutes is thinking of everything they've done wrong the last 5 yrs of their life, but you don't have to turn into driving Ms. Daisy on my account, I got places to go.

Kevin, you don't have to be a cop to get that affect.

I get provided a state car for work, with state official use only tags. It's quite hilarious to see the majority of the cars slow down as soon as they've spotted the state tags. they then creep up close enough to see I'm not a cop, then zoom past. (or once someone else has gone by, they follow them.) :laugh:

Pet peeves:

1) The idiots that drive through the rest stop area just east of Manassas during rush hour when 66 backs up bumper to bumper. Just so they can pass 25 to 50 cars depending on speed. You think I'm going to let you merge back in? Riiiiight.

2) The idiots who get in the left lanes trying to pass all the cars in the right lane, knowing they are exitting the highway soon. Often they try to force you to yield the right away by trying to fit a boat into a space for a compact. go ahead. I've got the right away. hit me. I dare you.

3) Idiots who come off of the Nutley St. 66 access ramp. The access road is two lanes, with the right lane going up to the metro stop. Only the left lane accesses 66.

When it backs up getting onto 66 W, the left lane (going onto 66) backs up. And a bunch of yuppies figure they can get into the right lane (the metro stop lane) and pass every one, then force themselves back into traffic. I had a woman (on her cell phone) in her mercedes 4X4 drive over the painted lines where the right lane splits off to go to the metro stop, trying to force me into the guardrail on the left so she could get in front of me. There was about 6" between my car and hers as she tried to go up the side of the road (which narrows down to not enough space for two vehicles between the guardrails on the left and right.) And yet she was cussing me out and flipped me the bird .....

4) Manassas has two 4 way stop signs on Ashton Ave. Idiots who figure they don't have to stop. Or idiots who are the second car behind a stopped car, figuring they don't have to stop so the already stopped traffic in the other lanes can go. I've been known to accelerate through them rapidly when someone tries to run it without stopping in front of me (and a maxima will accelerate :) ). (a couple of drivers may have had to clean out their pants when they've tried to run the stop sign in front of me....)

5) cigarette smokers. You wanna die, I don't care. But just about everyone I'm related (that I know of) to who smokes has had cancer or heart attacks and died before 65. I'd like to be one of the first to make it past that mark.

Do it where it doesn't affect other people.

6) The neighborhood kids racing their bikes and skate boards on the sidewalk by my cars. One's already scraped the hood of my car from headlight to head light when they lost control. And I couldn't prove which kid it was..... i've seen them hop off of the bike and let the bike smash into another car as well.

7) The idiot parents who are telling their kids to play in the parking lot. That way the parents don't have get off their fat @sses and go outside. We've got plenty of well maintained large grassy areas and playgrounds. But then the parents would have to go with their kids instead of looking out the window.

I love getting screamed at for driving 15 or so mph into the parking lot and parking the car. " You almost hit that 2 and half ft. tall 4 yr. old running and playing hide and seek between the cars....." :doh: Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that picture?

(the migraine I have right now added to this list considerably)

No that doesn't bug me, what bugs me is when I'm trying to get somewhere such as a non-emergency call, or I already got a prisoner in the back on my way to the jail, and everyone in front of me drives 5-10 mph slower than the speed limit.

Thanks for letting me know that Kevin. Now I can finally have my revenge for that ticket I got a couple of years ago. MUHAHAHA!!!!:evil:

why do they call it a "hot water heater"? Hot water doesn't need to be heated.

why is it that when you bounce a check, they charge more of what you already don't have?

why do they have locks on a 24/7 convience store?

If the knees are the first thing to wear out in pantyhose, then why do they double reinforce the crotch?

Men who just can't seem to make eye contact when they talk to me.......... if you know what I mean.

Men who hate it and get all uncomfortable when I tell them something about football or the Redskins that they didn't know. Guys SAY they like women who know sports, but it sure doesn't seem like it out there in the real world. When I like a guy, sometimes I think football would be a good thing to talk about, but more often than not it just makes him feel threatened. We can tell, you know. And when I do NOT like the guy, more often than not it makes him even pushier. I can't win. (The good part is that either way, they will usually make eye contact for a few seconds). :laugh:

Men who stare like starving mountain lions whenever I dance with one of my girlfriends. Sometimes we will kiss real quick just to see them all freak out. ;)

I have pet peeves about women too, but they are probably better suited to a forum with a bit more gender balance. ;)

People who respond to questions with questions of their own

People who come within 6 inches of my bumper during rush hour traffic while I'm going 80-85 mph in the fast lane and have no place to go. Idiots

Message board bravado

Miami Hurricane fans (i think I hate those guys more than Mich./Cowgirl fans) Get over it you lost!!!!!!!!!

Smelly poontang

Hairy poontang (I shave everyday, why can't they?)

I could go on and on..........

edit: the fact that I'm still a waterboy :(

NASCAR anouncers that use the word "blowed" as in "he blowed up his motor".:doh:

People who use the term "hero" when refering to anybody who has faught in a war.

People who can't speak English, and get anoyed when I don't understand them.

Eight friggin hot dog buns in the pack when you need ten.

Law Enforcment officers who are twenty years younger then you, and call you son.

About ten thousand other things I don't have time to list

• 3 months later...

Women who drive SUV's. 95% of them have no clue how to drive and/or park a big car. (Think 7-point turns to get into a parking space.)

Women who offer unsolicited advice on how to raise my baby.

Saleswomen with attitude - Honey, you're making $7/hr. Get over yourself!

Women who have no idea that the NFL Regular season begins tonight!

(Thought you guys would appreciate some women-bashing from a woman!)

Archived