Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet Peeves

stratoman

Laugh tracks. Stop laughing at things that aren't funny.

I was watching Two and a Half Men 2 weeks ago because certain people claim this type of television is funny. I could only stand a few seconds of poor jokes and constant laugh tracks before I switched the channel. Look, Charlie Sheen is trying to get some girl in a bra out of his bed. That's hilarious.

I have a lot of problems with the CBS sitcoms. Some of them just are not funny at all, and they all use the damn laugh track. The new type of sitcom is the one such as the Office, 30 rock, and stuff like that. These shows all appear to be doing pretty well too. So just let the laugh track die. It's often over-used now to the point where something normal happens, like a character enters a room. Cue laugh track. How is this funny?

Exceptions : Big Bang theory and Gary Unmarried, Seinfeld, and the other 90's sitcoms

These people that feel like they need to back their cars in whenever they try to park instead of just driving into the space.

I've seen these jackasses try to back these massive SUV's into a tiny space just so they can be facing out... and at the same time several cars are waiting for them so they can get around.

Ctrl C - that's the old break from the Dos days. What does Ctrl C do for you now?

Copy.

Highlight all the text and hit "Ctrl + C" and you'll copy all that you have just typed in. After ES craps out on you, reload the page and then hit "Ctrl + V", that pastes what you just copied before ES crapped out (because you knew it was going to). Saves a lot of time and frustration after writing those epic responses only to find out that your are screwed out of your 400 word post.

I hope Jumbo knows this, it could definitely save him a lot of time.

Copy.

Highlight all the text and hit "Ctrl + C" and you'll copy all that you have just typed in. After ES craps out on you, reload the page and then hit "Ctrl + V", that pastes what you just copied before ES crapped out (because you knew it was going to). Saves a lot of time and frustration after writing those epic responses only to find out that your are screwed out of your 400 word post.

I hope Jumbo knows this, it could definitely save him a lot of time.

Yeah but you can just hit the browser's back space. You still get the page on your screen because it's still in static memory (or ram or whatever it's called now)

Yeah but you can just hit the browser's back space. You still get the page on your screen because it's still in static memory (or ram or whatever it's called now)

Yeah, but you don't get the text that you just typed in and hit "Post Reply" with... I don't think. If so, I've been doing it all wrong.

Women who think they know sports.
Yeah, I gotta call you on that. I know this one woman who's mind is like glue and she's all about sports. She remembers everything. Every name, every position. College, the draft. You can't even get into a conversation with her without being humiliated inside of two minutes.

She's attractive, but she's in her 30s now and still unmarried because she scares away every guy she talks to.

Yeah, I gotta call you on that. I know this one woman who's mind is like glue and she's all about sports. She remembers everything. Every name, every position. College, the draft. You can't even get into a conversation with her without being humiliated inside of two minutes.

She's attractive, but she's in her 30s now and still unmarried because she scares away every guy she talks to.

Not necessarily a good thing. :silly:

These people that feel like they need to back their cars in whenever they try to park instead of just driving into the space.

I've seen these jackasses try to back these massive SUV's into a tiny space just so they can be facing out... and at the same time several cars are waiting for them so they can get around.

Man, I agree. There used to be a woman at my work that did this. I could only shake my head. It would be a big parking lot with plenty of spaces available and she would always BACK into a spot.:doh:

Also, there are just alot of younger people that do this, thinking it looks "cool" to back in their car. Idiots.

I have only one pet peeve but it applies to so many areas of life...I HATE IGNORANCE! I hate when people have the truth beating them over the head and they still dont get it. I had when people have no common sense. I hate when people think its cool to talk like ignorant punks and use bad grammar and slang. Now its one thing to not know any better but if you dont know then ask. Find out. I spend so much of my day learning about things I do not know about but there are so many people who pretend they do know anyway and it drives me insane!

• 5 months later...

Archived