Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What You Are Seeing Is In Fact The Truth

bulldog

1. Portis is a prima donna that likes to stir the pot, especially when things aren't going well and his side of the ball is being blamed for the problems.

2. Zorn is a first year coach that has a definite arrogant streak and does grate on players by calling them out in public, even those players that he should know are 'core' guys who most weeks give him whatever chance he has to win games.

3. There is a leadership vacuum. Where are the positive voices? Veterans that are going to hold the other players accountable for their effort over the last 3 weeks to ensure this team finishes 10-6 and forces other teams to win to make the playoffs and knock the Skins out?

Seems to me that other than London Fletcher nobody else is stepping up.

4. The concentration of high draft picks in 2008 on one position, pass catcher, and the retarded development of ALL three of the players chosen has taken a big toll on the offense and stunted its development. The Redskins chose NOT to sign a veteran WCO wide receiver, which I thought was a mistake, because they evidently belived Kelly and the others would come along and become contributors. Now we have no #3 receiver. James Thrash is 34 years old and in his last NFL season. Thomas is still not ready. Kelly is still not ready. And a case can be made that Randle El is another player that is a stretch in his current position as the #2 receiver.

5. The inability of veterans like Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Jon Jansen, Cornelius Griffin, etc. to be able to play a 16 game schedule is indeed a sign that significant changes are on the horizon, whether the club is willing to admit it or not. This club is likely to take a step BACK in 2009 as younger players are integrated into a number of these positions.

6. The trade of our #2, #6 and #7 picks in 2009 all but guarantees that we will again have to go into free agency and spend dollars to fill some holes as the team has had to do in the past. I thought based on Cerrato's comments in 2008 that the Redskins were not going to trade valuable picks in the future if it could be avoided?

Those picks netted us two defensive ends that cumulatively contributed 1.0 sacks on the season. One, Erasmus James, has already been cut and the other, Jason Taylor at 34, appears to be a guy who is hanging around the NFL to pick up his final paycheck or two before moving on to his TV/film career.

This is by far the most logical objective post this week. People often forget that more than one thing can be true.

There aren't many people at Redskins Park that aren't guilty parties at the moment. And there seems to be a clear lack of identity.

I think the loss of Phillip Daniels and of course ST hurt this team behind the scenes in the leadership department.

Those picks netted us two defensive ends that cumulatively contributed 1.0 sacks on the season. One, Erasmus James, has already been cut and the other, Jason Taylor at 34, appears to be a guy who is hanging around the NFL to pick up his final paycheck or two before moving on to his TV/film career.

:nutkick: <--- Vinny's on the left, 'skins fans on the right

I think you could almost blend #1, #2 and #3, as there are a couple of clashing ego's. Problem is that both want to be the leader of the offense and feel they know more than the other.

I think it probably has a lot more to do with the dichotomy between Zorn and Gibbs styles. There is a big distance to span in regards to their handling of players to the point that they might in fact be opposites. Especially now that we're hearing Clinton wasn't the only who was feeling what he was saying.

Agree with this exception:

4. The concentration of high draft picks in 2008 on one position, pass catcher, and the retarded development of ALL three of the players chosen has taken a big toll on the offense and stunted its development...

I liked the draft. Choose the BPA with the high picks. I'm not concerned about this season. I'll wait to see how this plays out over time.

Agree with this exception:

I liked the draft. Choose the BPA with the high picks. I'm not concerned about this season. I'll wait to see how this plays out over time.

yeah but Detroit used that philosophy for several years and they are even worse put together than we are. You can't just pick players, you need to pick a TEAM.

And this is the continuing saga of "As the Redskins burn". Same old **** year in and year out since Dan Snyder purchased this once proud franchise.

This team is a mere shadow of it's former self and the Circus will continue for as long as Dan Snyder keeps his good friend Vinnie on the payroll and keeps ....hell, probably as long as he is the owner of this team. It's been over 10 years and can anybody here honestly say that this team is doing much better now than when Danny first bought it?

yeah but Detroit used that philosophy for several years and they are even worse put together than we are. You can't just pick players, you need to pick a TEAM.

If you can't evaluate players (Detroit's problem) it isn't going to matter whether you draft BPA or for need.

When you use the early picks to draft for need as a policy, you lower your batting average.

He may cost Dan too much.

Maybe Cooley or Portis becomes trade bait to get us more picks?

Portis wouldn't net much. He's valuable on this team, but other teams wouldn't offer much to get him, mainly because of his huge cap #.

Cooley I would have a problem with getting rid of. He could be as good as Witten, Miller, and other like TEs if used properly.

Portis wouldn't net much. He's valuable on this team, but other teams wouldn't offer much to get him, mainly because of his huge cap #.

Cooley I would have a problem with getting rid of. He could be as good as Witten, Miller, and other like TEs if used properly.

lol miller aint got **** on cooley. thats fact

It's been over 10 years and can anybody here honestly say that this team is doing much better now than when Danny first bought it?

Nope. Not saying we're necessarily worse, but certainly not appreciably better......and never really have been at any point of Snyder's ownership thus far.

He may cost Dan too much.

Maybe Cooley or Portis becomes trade bait to get us more picks?

I'm thinking we drop down whenever possible again next year, we picked up a lot of extra bodies that way with two extra 2nd and 6th round picks although none of them have contributed and one was cut (Brooks). Cooley is NOT expendable under any circumstances while if we trade Portis, we waste the extra pick drafting his replacement. (Betts and Cartwright aren't exactly old but they aren't young either)

Archived