Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Didn't M&T Bank Stadium look and sound great last night?

Commander PK

I have been to every skins game for the last 4 years at FedEx and I was at the game on Sunday and it was not louder than Fedex.

I'm not at all a fan of FedEx and I know once Danny sees Jones' new toy down in Dallas we will be watching games in the district within 12 years but, M&T was not louder.

However leaving M&T, walking through Federal Hill, getting dinner, and driving to College Park took less time than leaving my seat at FedEx, walking to the metro, and riding the metro to College Park.:mad:

As far as M&T being "better" than FedEx I really don't see it because I go to the games to watch football and all football stadiums to me a large concrete buildings.

Plus that game had the largest attendance ever at M&T and the whole row behind was empty for the entire game. I have been to the two largest regular season attended games at FedEx (around 92,000) and every seat was filled. The weather on Sunday was nasty but last year against Dallas it was worse, yet FedEx was filled.

On top of that there were a ton of Redskins fans there and if the game was against any other NFC East team there would have been alot less seats filled.

To sum up this rant Redskins Fans are awesome and everyone else sucks.

Empty seats clearly means that people never bought tickets. In all likelihood, those seats were Skins fans that couldn't make the game. It's not like the Ravens have sold out every single game since they've come to Baltimore.

By the way, would you say that there was over 15% Washington fans there last night? If not, then I wouldn't brag about how well your base travels.

I sat in the Club level last night, it was verrrrrry nice. Anybody in Club last night, who's also been to Club level at FedEx- how do they compare?

OMG. The club level in Bmore was soo awesome. Everything about the club level at M&T blows that of FedEx's out of the water, as my friends noted many times throughout the night.

First off, the concourses on all three levels of M&T are nearly double the width of those at Fedex (particularly the lower level). You can stroll around any of the three concourses without having people slam into you. Also, at M&T you don't get stuck in snags where the people are packed shoulder to shoulder trying to get around vending carts that are blocking the concourse.

The rest rooms seldom had lines, and even during peak times like halftime, time outs, b/t quarters etc. the the mens room lines were never more then two men deep per urinal.

Back to the club level at M&T, there are state of the art LCD tvs everywhere broadcasting in HD. Yes, the club level at FedEx has HD tvs, but not nearly as many as Bmore. The decore at M&T was modern and bright with all of Bmore's football history displayed in exhibits all throughout the three concourses. I find that stuff both interesting and cool to look at. FedEx has some Redskins memorabilia wall exibits on the club level, but they're often blocked by vending booths, A/V equipment, etc.

Say what you will about the fact that Snyder didn't design FedEx, the reality is there is a lot he could do to improve the place. Sadly, there is really no incentive to improve the place as long as it sells out.

I was in Bmore Sunday night for the game as well...

1) Location of M&T is the absolute best

2) The Jumbotrons are really nice as well.

Other than that I dont see what the hype was about their stadium...a big ole purple bowl just like FEDEX except not as big. I wasnt overwhelmed at all by their noise making on Defense...sounds the same as FEDEX when we are on D and sounds the same as the 5 other NFL stadiums ive been to.

We lose at home so everyone complains....if we were to WIN our home games I have a feeling the anti-FEDEX venom would dissappear.

Empty seats clearly means that people never bought tickets. In all likelihood, those seats were Skins fans that couldn't make the game. It's not like the Ravens have sold out every single game since they've come to Baltimore.

By the way, would you say that there was over 15% Washington fans there last night? If not, then I wouldn't brag about how well your base travels.

I really don't know what percentage of the fans that the Redskins had, but there were quite a few Skins fans there. 15% might be a fair number. But keep in mind that opposing fans are generally only noticed en masse when their team wins. Had we beaten the Steelers there probably wouldn't have had so many threads on this board about the number of Steeler fans.

Honestly, the Ravens are the one team where I don't necessarily mind having their fans in our stadium when they play at FedEx. The distance is so minimal, and I would really expect nothing less when they come to our stadium, just like you probably wouldn't have expected no Skins fans at this game.

Empty seats don't necessarily mean that the tickets were unsold. People tend to bail last minute, and if they can't find anyone to take the tix the seats go empty. Throw in the fact that it was a night game w/temps in the 20s and swirling winds at dusk, you're gonna get a few no shows under those circumstances.

Visiting fans who paid premium prices are less likely to no show than home town STH's who have seven other games a year to attend.

The Ravens don't sell out every game? I'm very surprised to read that.

But keep in mind that opposing fans are generally only noticed en masse when their team wins. Had we beaten the Steelers there probably wouldn't have had so many threads on this board about the number of Steeler fans.

Ummmm NO. They were EVERYWHERE. And it was the most embarassing game of my life as a Skins fan. Silent count at home? :wtf:

20070916pd2testfans_500.jpg

I sat in the Club level last night, it was verrrrrry nice. Anybody in Club last night, who's also been to Club level at FedEx- how do they compare?

I've been to your club & loge seats 1/2 dozen times, and to ours about twice a season (cold games). I have never had a bad experience at either stadium.

The Fed Ex club section has a lot more TVs & couches and larger, but more crowded, restrooms. Baltimore's TVs are better (newer). Baltimore's club section food is better (crabcakes). Service to the seats is about equal i.e. virtually non-existent. Neither Baltimore nor Landover provides a direct view of the field from the club area - e.g. the Reliant Field club section is lined with glass panels, not restrooms.

As far as M&T being "better" than FedEx I really don't see it because I go to the games to watch football and all football stadiums to me a large concrete buildings.

Obviously, you have a keen eye 261695.gif and ears to notice little subtle differences, like crowd noise, PA system quality, sightlines (includes obstructed views) width of seats and aisles, fan hostility and stadium security, concessions .

The Ravens don't sell out every game? I'm very surprised to read that.

Steve Bisciotti would be quite surprised to hear that as as well, since the Ravens have sold out every game since the downtown stadium opened a decade ago. Perhaps the writer was confused regarding the PSLs. The sale of PSLs was capped a few years ago to permit public per game sales of a few thousand individual sale tickets. These are unfortunately now processed by Ticketmaster. The individual seats for the Redskins, Steelers, and Eagles games were sold on-line by Ticketmaster last Summer in literally seconds.

Any empty seats Sunday night would have been fans who were at the club seats or lower/upper concourses to warm up (there were thousands of both teams' fans), or no-shows (late game in the bitter cold)

I can't say whether they do/don't, but I do know their games are never blacked out in the area.

I knew they never black out home games in Bmore. I think Detroit might be the only team taking advantage of the black out rule this year.

I wonder if the Ravens TO sells individual game tickets to people who walk up on gameday mornings (like the Redskins do) if they haven't already sold the game out. If the Ravens do sell individual game seats, I could see them not selling out games in late December when they were 3-9 last year.

I wonder if the Ravens TO sells individual game tickets to people who walk up on gameday mornings (like the Redskins do) if they haven't already sold the game out. If the Ravens do sell individual game seats, I could see them not selling out games in late December when they were 3-9 last year.

The only tickets sold by the Ravens ticket office are scattered singles and those tickets previously allotted to opposing team players and coaches (doubtful that Redskins turned back any for this game).

All Ravens games have been sold out in the new stadium, includes late last season (although there were more no-shows).

I was in Bmore Sunday night for the game as well...

1) Location of M&T is the absolute best

2) The Jumbotrons are really nice as well.

Other than that I dont see what the hype was about their stadium...a big ole purple bowl just like FEDEX except not as big. I wasnt overwhelmed at all by their noise making on Defense...sounds the same as FEDEX when we are on D and sounds the same as the 5 other NFL stadiums ive been to.

We lose at home so everyone complains....if we were to WIN our home games I have a feeling the anti-FEDEX venom would dissappear.

Actually, people have complained even during the 2005 and 2007 playoff run. I don't particularly like Fed Ex, but my issue isn't so much the stadium, but it's the crowd that make the gameday experience a lot less enjoyable. To be told to sit down at a football game is enough for me to watch the game on my big screen and stand up and cheer all I want.

The only tickets sold by the Ravens ticket office are scattered singles and those tickets previously allotted to opposing team players and coaches (doubtful that Redskins turned back any for this game).

OK, that makes sense. That's what most teams do (those who actually sell out their general admission seating).

I doubt the Ravens need to advertise their single game tickets the way the Redskins mass email everyone to push the unwanted tickets that were supposedly "returned" by the visiting team.

M&T gameday is experience is better than ours. The get their fans ralled up with originality of their team. Like when they do the we must protect this house thing with ray lewis. And of course the first down thing. As far as the actual stadium. I do think M&T's seats are better in terms of width, leg room, and comfort. Of course they have the advantage with jumbotrons. Lastly I honestly think FedEx is louder when its really rocking. (thinking back to Dallas '05 game)

Ummmm NO. They were EVERYWHERE. And it was the most embarassing game of my life as a Skins fan. Silent count at home? :wtf:

20070916pd2testfans_500.jpg

I'm not saying it wasn't embarrassing, because it was awful. But most of that crowd noise started only after the Steelers started dominating the game (after halftime). The Pittsburgh fans in my section didn't make noise in the first half. Like I said, had we won that game there wouldn't have been so many threads about this.

even Carolina's fans put ours to shame. They were great last night for the Tampa game.

Folks, let's not go overboard here. Our stadium holds 92K people. So if there are 10K away fans, that's still over 80K Skins fans. How many teams can brag that many fans at their games? How many stadiums can even hold 80K people in total? The Redskins have great fans just like many other teams in the league, including the Ravens and Steelers, end of story.

even Carolina's fans put ours to shame. They were great last night for the Tampa game.

The Carolina fans did not know what was going on last night. After several interceptions/touchdowns, the crowd waited 20 seconds until someone told them what happened. They all dressed up in black/blue, but the noise was pathetic.

That's why I said "it won't work but just to see how many people we could get to sign this". If you could get 60,000 to sign that, the Skins fanbase should have no problem getting to 80,000.

You also have to look at how the petition's marketed, if at all. Honestly, what right-thinking football fan (not necessarily a Baltimore Colt/Raven fans) wouldn't support renaming their stadium in honor of the great Johnny Unitas? You can certainly make an argument for a lot of other guys as well, but in my opinion Johnny Unitas was the greatest QB that ever lived.

You also have to look at how the petition's marketed, if at all. Honestly, what right-thinking football fan (not necessarily a Baltimore Colt/Raven fans) wouldn't support renaming their stadium in honor of the great Johnny Unitas? You can certainly make an argument for a lot of other guys as well, but in my opinion Johnny Unitas was the greatest QB that ever lived.

True, but honestly what true skins fans would rather keep playing in this oversized, traffic nightmare dump in a random plot in Maryland instead of a brand new, huge jumbotrons, rightly sized (65,000-70,000), actually in the nation's capital stadium with if necessary a retractable roof? The atmosphere at FedEx just doesn't feel right. We need to play in our city not some random suburb, even if it means flattening and making a modern RFK so we can get back our home field advantage and hopefully weed out those that refuse to let others stand and cheer on 3rd downs...

Archived