Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Didn't M&T Bank Stadium look and sound great last night?

Commander PK

M&T was rocking last night. I'm sure getting up 14-0 (it seemed like even before the first commercial break) had a lot to do with it, but that place had the look and sound of real HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

I know it's been beaten ad nauseum over the last several weeks, but man it would be nice if we had a stadium like that one. The Jumbotrons look great, the design of the stadium is fantastic, and it's LOUD. Every single time the Redskins were on offense last night, the crowd was screaming DE FENSE.

We need a new stadium, and we need one in D.C.

I think it's awesome that we have the biggest stadium in the NFL (even after Jerry's palace is finished next year) but you're right, there is NO homefield advantage there. Don't we have a losing record there alltime?

We need a new place in DC, designed like RFK with the partial roof THAT KEEPS THE NOISE IN, and maybe a retractable roof for Super Bowls/Final Fours, but NEVER for 'Skins games. No Redskins home game should be played inside. EVER.

Thoughts?

I think it's awesome that we have the biggest stadium in the NFL (even after Jerry's palace is finished next year) but you're right, there is NO homefield advantage there. Don't we have a losing record there alltime?

We need a new place in DC, designed like RFK with the partial roof THAT KEEPS THE NOISE IN, and maybe a retractable roof for Super Bowls/Final Fours, but NEVER for 'Skins games. No Redskins home game should be played inside. EVER.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Fed Ex Field blows.

Edit: and maybe this time we can avoid having a friggin club level. What an asinine way to divide the fans. The middle of the stadium hardly ever looks like anybody is sitting there. Most are inside enjoying their appetizers and Cigars. :doh: Game? What Game? I'm here for the PAAAAARRRTY!

Sounds good to me. Fed Ex Field blows.

Edit: and maybe this time we can avoid having a friggin club level. What an asinine way to divide the fans. The middle of the stadium hardly ever looks like anybody is sitting there. Most are inside enjoying their appetizers and Cigars. :doh: Game? What Game? I'm here for the PAAAAARRRTY!

Wishful thinking, but club seats are here to stay. They're what generate revenues nowadays in pro sports.

Sadly I have to agree, I was amazed, 20k less fans and 2x as loud easily. Also, amazingly 90% of fans were in thier seats for kickoff! It was absurdly loud, even though I saw a good amount of skins fans.

I wish we could get a real modern stadium, with decent parking and traffic. I'm sure being a night game helped, but I left with 1:51 to go in the 4th Q, and sat in 0 traffic, such a feat isn't possible at FedEx.

Also, Pain, they have a club level at M&T, yet they seemed full the entire game....

I know, I think it's more to do with the blue collar fan base. If you go to the stadium to watch the game on a T.V. what is the point of going to the stadium?

Well, they do that too, but on huge ass HDs outside =P

But I understand what you're saying, and I'm not sure if it's the whitecollar vs bluecollar vs we just have a crappy stadium, and I'm always supportive of our 12th man, mainly because almost every Sunday I'm at FedEx screaming till I have no throat....but it just felt like EVERYTHING in Baltimore tonight trumped a normal FedEx experience, from introductions, to fans being into the game, to crowd noise, to the replays (esp on plays where a red flag might be used), to parking, etc.

The reason we lack the crowd noise and we see often many fans of the opposing team (i.e. Cowboys, Steelers, etc.) is simple: We haven't done anything since 1991. That is a long time and a lot of mediocre teams that have played both at RFK & FedEx. We were once one of the elite franchises in the NFL in the 80's to early 90's.

Since Rypien we have seen so many different starting QBs and not yet being able to draft a franchise QB since Theismann! And lets face it, most fans rally behind their star at QB.

Today we have too many older players who are slow and/or always hurt. Springs is a perfect example. What has he missed this year, like 6-7 games? How many did he miss last year?

Our O-Line is still being called and marketed as the Hogs, but that group has been gone now since the early 90's. Why does the NFL use the Hogs still as the Redskins unofficial mascot? (A Hog foamhat for example). Because thats all the Redskins have is their past! They have done nothing in what will be 18 years!!! Thats a long time even for die-hard D.C . residents, much less MD & Virginia natives, to get fired up out at FedEx.

So you can build a stadium right in front of the Capital Building but until a new philosophy comes to this franchise, that stadium too will be filled with Cowboy, Steeler, Giant, Packer fans, etc.

ummm... you guys do know that they pump in the crowd noise right? Or does it seem strange that they stop yelling "defense" as the Skins get to the line the same way we stop playing music when the opposing team gets to the line! Not to mention, unless every single Raven fan was wearing purple yesterday, the stadium looked REALLY empty throughout the game when they would do the blimp shots! Our gameday experience at FedEx still blows but the Ravens aren't that much better!

i liked the stadium... i liked the brightness and the newness of it. The fans I was around, weren't as obnoxious as our fans can be at times. I told my wife repeatedly that our stadium SUCKS compared to this one! You can tell that the stadium was built for the fans and not for $$$'s in the owners wallet. Food & Beers were on average $1-$2 cheaper.

The parking lots were much harder to move around in when first parking, but leaving our seats to the parking lot was such a short walk it was crazy! i loved that part of it. It REALLY makes me want to have a new state of the art stadium for THE FANS!

Their announcer sucks though, our announcer trumps theirs by far! (and that stupid chain sound thing after first downs does not sound 'cool' at all.... sorry.)

I know, I think it's more to do with the blue collar fan base. If you go to the stadium to watch the game on a T.V. what is the point of going to the stadium?

What?!? You haven

t played video games in the sick XBOX 360 gaming area in the club section???? :doh:

in all fairness, JKC paid for FedEx himself. M&T was built with our tax dollars.

I realize that.

But, JKC didn't add thousands of seats where thousands of seats can't fit, for his profit. JKC built it as a holding spot to get us another nice stadium. DS doesn't care about the fans. Took a railing that separated my section from another section and made it 50+ seats wide... where we are all constantly getting up and down the entire game to let people go to the bathroom. I sat in a row last night with 10 seats.... didn't have to get up 1 time the entire game for people... besides standing up and cheering etc.

HELL, USE MY TAX DOLLARS, I don't care!

ummm... you guys do know that they pump in the crowd noise right? Or does it seem strange that they stop yelling "defense" as the Skins get to the line the same way we stop playing music when the opposing team gets to the line! Not to mention, unless every single Raven fan was wearing purple yesterday, the stadium looked REALLY empty throughout the game when they would do the blimp shots! Our gameday experience at FedEx still blows but the Ravens aren't that much better!

That is 100% not true, you don't pump noise in an outdoor stadium..

I don't mean to be smart here, but as a Redskins fan, I do realize that it's hard for you to imagine a coordinated effort by the crowd to help their team out. It's not your fault, it's your stadium; M&T is difficult to play at, Memorial wasn't

Thank you. I noticed the same thing. That "defense" chant was definitely pumped in.

What?!? You haven

t played video games in the sick XBOX 360 gaming area in the club section???? :doh:

again, if you want to play Madden during the game. Stay home. The reason the stadiums need a club level is because the marketing "experts" in the NFL have not figured out other ways to get people into the place, without having a restaurant, gaming station, and humidor.

again, if you want to play Madden during the game. Stay home. The reason the stadiums need a club level is because the marketing "experts" in the NFL have not figured out other ways to get people into the place, without having a restaurant, gaming station, and humidor.

I don't think it's the crowd in the XBox room making the difference. Let's be realistic.

I don't think it's the crowd in the XBox room making the difference. Let's be realistic.

What difference are we talking about? If we are talking about the performance on the field, then no it's not making much of a difference if any at all. Although I'm sure it is disheartening to the players to see the entire middle of the stadium empty most of the time, and to see the upper and lower levels 1/2 full of the opposition's fans.

If we are talking about the game day experience for our fan base then absolutely YES it's making a difference.

Archived