Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Didn't M&T Bank Stadium look and sound great last night?

Commander PK

Putting aside the loss and especially the cold, we had a great time at the game last night. The only bad thing was that they didn't have escalators, but big deal. I didn't feel that their 12th man was as loud as ours though, but that could have been due to the fact that I was sitting two rows from the top and the noise was below us. Anyways, I would definitely like to go to another game there, be it when the Skins play or not. They have a great stadium, and I really enjoyed myself. Plus their stadium is right there in the Inner Harbor so people can pregame at the various bars (we went to ESPN Zone), and then go to tailgate.

The fans were great. One thing that I noticed was that while their taunting was never really anything more than good-natured ribbing, they seemed to have a serious problem with our presence. At halftime we all went into the bathroom because it was warm, and they were saying that Skins fans had to go outside. At FedEx the attitude seems to be to just laugh off the fact that we have visting fans. These people take it seriously. In fact, the visiting fans seem to have more of a problem with US than most of our fans have with THEM. They make you think twice about coming to their stadium, while other teams' fans make us think twice about coming to ours. Daniel Snyder should take notes, because their gameday experience is much better. There were times when we were standing up and nobody asked us to sit. At FedEx that would be grounds for ejection. The event staff at FedEx worries too much about protecting everyone's feelings than they do the game. Even the ushers were rooting the Ravens on. And that's how it should be in a stadium. I've talked to FedEx ushers that were Eagle fans among other things. I just hope Daniel Snyder took notes, but we all know he didn't.

i will tell you this, the raven's fans (this is not a blanket statement just those that i talked to/was taunted by) are not that football savvy.

maybe it was all those years of not having a team but most of them didn't know football as a game. this can be said about fans at every stadium but it was painstakingly apparent last night and in talking to ravens fans wherever.

the one thing that was the best part of M&T from a homefield advantage standpoint (besides the refs) was that stupid first down thing they do. my spirit was broken on that last drive by it, i can't imagine being on the field for it.

Did anyone else who was at the game notice that after they scored, they would bring a giant ravens flag and hold it up RIGHT behind our special teams? Also, on the point of the thread, I personally did not feel like in was any louder than fedex. In fact, it sounded quieter to me. The defense chant was pumped in no question about it. And anyone who says that ravens fans (for the most part) don't know football is 100% correct. They claim they dominated the game and blew us out. Please. Aside from their final drive when did they ever have a real drive against our defense? :rant:

The entire crowd where I sat last night stood the entire game...Think about that they stood the entire game.

At FedEx people would be screaming at each other to sit down and stop making noise.

M&T stadium made FedEx look like a kindergarten class

At Fedex the entire lower level stands the entire game too

At Fedex the entire lower level stands the entire game too

Which Fed Ex Field are you watching games at? Everytime I've gone and stood up, some wine and cheeser behind me is tapping me on the shoulder.

I've heard this exact statement before in section 226. "Ummm, sir...Ummm, excuse me.....Ummm sir....could you please sit down? I know your excited, but I'm having trouble seeing the game."

My response "Do you think you are at the Kennedy Center?"

Of course, I sat down, because I didn't want to be thrown out, but I ranted the whole time.

Which Fed Ex Field are you watching games at? Everytime I've gone and stood up, some wine and cheeser behind me is tapping me on the shoulder.

I've heard this exact statement before in section 226. "Ummm, sir...Ummm, excuse me.....Ummm sir....could you please sit down? I know your excited, but I'm having trouble seeing the game."

Of course, I sat down, because I didn't want to be thrown out, but I ranted the whole time.

At the Cowboys game, the ENTIRE lower level stood up the whole time

At the Cowboys game, the ENTIRE lower level stood up the whole time

i have to agree with the other guy, my friend sat LL for the Buffalo game (talk about an emotional game) and people were yelling at him to sit down all game.

meanwhile i stood all night at the raven's game with everyone else around me

Other than the lose I had a great time. Fedex is louder but the game day experience at M&T was better. Their fans wern't bad at all, in my section it was all the skins fans talking most of the smack. You didn't see the crazy out of control drunkeness you see at skins game, or I didn't see any of their fans getting in skins fans faces after the game or starting fights like you see people do after we have a home win. But there was a 45 year old dude that kept telling my friend he would beat the sh*t out him in the 1st qrt.

My section was standing most of the game and never had anyone tell me to sit down. Tailgating was great right next to the staduim, did anyone see that cab from an 18 wheeler decked out in skins gear driving infront of ratbirds tailgates honking the horn egging on their fans. I got a picture of it ill post if anyone wants to see it.

I left with about 1:30 in the game and was shocked that i didnt see much post game tailgating and the the lot under the bridge was almost cleared out. But the fact i was home by 1:15 blew my mind. I did notice a few empty seats in the upper deck last night though.

ummm... you guys do know that they pump in the crowd noise right? Or does it seem strange that they stop yelling "defense" as the Skins get to the line the same way we stop playing music when the opposing team gets to the line! Not to mention, unless every single Raven fan was wearing purple yesterday, the stadium looked REALLY empty throughout the game when they would do the blimp shots! Our gameday experience at FedEx still blows but the Ravens aren't that much better!

I have been to Ravens Stadium many times, including last night. It is a ALOT louder than Fed Ex, and a very nice, the two stadiums are not comparable.

i will tell you this, the raven's fans (this is not a blanket statement just those that i talked to/was taunted by) are not that football savvy.

maybe it was all those years of not having a team but most of them didn't know football as a game. this can be said about fans at every stadium but it was painstakingly apparent last night and in talking to ravens fans wherever.

the one thing that was the best part of M&T from a homefield advantage standpoint (besides the refs) was that stupid first down thing they do. my spirit was broken on that last drive by it, i can't imagine being on the field for it.

I don't think the first down thing is all that bad. In fact, it gives the fans something to look forward to after a first down. I suppose it's similar to our PA announcer yelling "First Doooownnnn Washington!"

As for the refs, they were pretty bad. I loved how they went through the entire game without calling various things and then suddenly the Skins get a drive together and the flags come out. But the worst was the Portis fumble. During the review the Ravens fans behind us were even saying that it wasn't a fumble. We told them that they'd get the call because "when you play us you get every call in the book...sometimes they even give the other team the courtesy of asking their opinion of the call before making it."

I don't think the first down thing is all that bad. In fact, it gives the fans something to look forward to after a first down. I suppose it's similar to our PA announcer yelling "First Doooownnnn Washington!"

you didn't get what i said. i said that was the best home field thing that they did.

it's crushing to hear that stupid rattling chain thing as your defense is being run all over and you need a stop.

I'm in the cave in 226, and we stand the whole time. But I know that towards the front of the section there are probably some wine and cheesers. Our fans are really becoming complainers, and that bothers me. People can't see because someone stands up and they don't want to...so they go run and find an usher to take care of the matter. In fact, last night I saw a Skins fan get shoved down by a Ravens fan, and the guy got up and ran away. Two minutes later he was back with a Baltimore city police officer. I'm not sure what happened and why, but you need to handle your business on your own and not run to "the powers that be" every time you feel like you've been wronged. Honestly, I'm surprised that you didn't get in trouble for the Kennedy Center remark because with some of the pansies I see at our games it wouldn't have surprised me had the people been offended and run to the usher to say that you offended him.

Someone ought to start a petition to move the Redskins back to D.C. in a 68,000 or so retractable roof or outdoor It probably (99%) wouldn't do anything but it'd be interesting to see how many people we could get to sign it.

i think the addition of PSLs bring a more hardcore fan. PSL require a much bigger investment and its hard to make money off a PSL, unlike just owning season tickets.

Someone ought to start a petition to move the Redskins back to D.C. in a 68,000 or so retractable roof or outdoor It probably (99%) wouldn't do anything but it'd be interesting to see how many people we could get to sign it.

DC's been asking for it for a while because they lose tax money for a team that plays in Maryland

Heres a couple of shots i took before the game, o yea that first down thing did get kind of old, these guys near who we were talking sh*t to had these yellow spray panted chains they would swing ever time. Then i really found out how dumb their fans are when one of them at the end of the game said 95 north is that way. Did anyone else notice the lack of hot girls raven fans, every smokin chick i was tailagting had skins gear on.

n25800475_38322021_7006.jpgn25800475_38322020_6802.jpg

Archived