Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Right now, which of our CBs do you trust the most?

the burgundy and gold

What are your feelings about this team?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings about this team?

• I'm still thinking Wild Card
    • We are done for the year
    • We are done so start Colt Brennan
    • Zorn needs to get it together
    • The O-line must be fixed

This offseason, Rogers needs to be working on INT catching drillz EVERYDAY until the first regular season game. He needs to work on catching like Shaq needs to work on free throws.

You know, when you turn 30, the "z" at the end of word suddenly becomes lame. :)

Seriously though, Rogers needs to work on a lot. But all of these guys are left on an island while the other teams Qb has enough time to get his nails done.

11 plays, 10 of them runs, and it was a double move that was put on rogers. he sold out on the short route, it would happen to the best in that position.

rogers #1 and hall #2.

our defense looks worse every week because our offense cant stay on the field. those guys are running on fumes in the 4th. its sad.

agreed 100%

Double moves happen, and when u stop them for so long u are bound to get caught one time. And like u said, our defense doesnt stay off the field long enough due to ineffective offense.

in terms of shutting down an elite WR, i trust Carlos. unbelievable how he has come back from his knee injury and turned into such a good corner.

but when we need a big time play, it has to be D Hall. it is no accident that certain guys always get their hands on the football. you are not a playmaker by accident - its because you are always going to gthe ball.

i will admit it - dhall has been the complete opposite of waht i expected. he is hitting and taking out lead blockers and playing well on ST. im very glad we got him.

dhall, rogers, horton, and landry is one hell of a secondary for the forseeable future.

our defense looks worse every week because our offense cant stay on the field. those guys are running on fumes in the 4th. its sad.

OK, people need to stop using this as a go-to excuse for the defense. We were way ahead in time of possession until they let the Ravens drive on them in the 4th. There was no reason for them to be "too tired" to play there.

In fact, we've given up slightly more points this year in the first half than the second (131-115), although a couple of TDs were scored on offensive turnovers. Fatigue isn't the issue.

Of course, I'm not suggesting defense is the problem. The offense has been much worse. But, during this skid, the defense has let us down too in spots, and not due to being worn out. They couldn't get the Cowboys' O off the field, they let the Giants establish a big lead, and they let the Ravens run thru them right when we had a chance to get back in last night's game.

This offseason, Rogers needs to be working on INT catching drillz EVERYDAY until the first regular season game. He needs to work on catching like Shaq needs to work on free throws.

Sad part is, shaqs freethrow percentage is way higher than rogers chance of catching a ball percentage.

Sad part is, shaqs freethrow percentage is way higher than rogers chance of catching a ball percentage.

11 plays, 10 of them runs, and it was a double move that was put on rogers. he sold out on the short route, it would happen to the best in that position.

rogers #1 and hall #2.

That's how I feel too.

Rogers is usually solid as has had his best season of his career this year but has gotten beaten recently b/c of our O's inability to stay on the field and score and he is winded in the 4th.

Hall has been nothing short of spectacular since he came here and I hope he signs long term.

Smoot is a solid nickle back with a great attitude and loves this team.

My guy isnt up there. Justin Tryon. I trust he will be exactly what i thought he was.... i dont expect much from him so nothing is lost. The other guys have high expectations and they always let you down when needed the most.

But it all depends on the pressure we get on other qb's..... none so how can they be trusted to do anything???????

I like them all. Occasionally one will look bad in a man coverage, but not usually. I think they do a fine job locking down receivers, and all but Hall can hit. (Smoot will drill a guy. Rogers will too.)

It makes me frustrated that with guys that can obviously cover man to man we aren't able to get to the QB more often. A secondary like ours should allow the front 7 to wreak havoc on a QB, and they just don't.

~Bang

The secondary is the only part of this team I am actually quite satisfied with. They arent perfect, but they dont give up a whole lot of big plays.

I said this in another thread; the corners and safeties are the most stable part of the team! Who would have thought it. I didn't have any idea about Hall, and he's been a pleasant surprise. And, Chris Horton has been really fun to watch.

I hope we can stop losing before good guys who want to win start leaving. Won't it be crazy for JT55 if the Dolphins go to the playoffs, and we don't? I don't want to lose the guys who are playing with heart.

Smoot = good against short passes and the run

Rodgers = good coverage and great tackler

Hall = ball hawk, big hitter, and can return kicks

Horton = great takler, and ball hawk

Laron = shows flashes of greatness, and with a d-line unstopable

Moore = ?

Springs = retirement

Springs is never healthy, Rogers got burnt for that late TD tonight, Hall has played 4 games for us, and Smoot really hasn't made any big plays all year.

With that being said, who do you trust the most?

(poll coming)

COME ON MAN

The secondary is pretty solid. They make mistakes and give up plays from time to time but if you're looking for a unit to criticize you have to start elsewhere.

I like them all. Occasionally one will look bad in a man coverage, but not usually. I think they do a fine job locking down receivers, and all but Hall can hit. (Smoot will drill a guy. Rogers will too.)

It makes me frustrated that with guys that can obviously cover man to man we aren't able to get to the QB more often. A secondary like ours should allow the front 7 to wreak havoc on a QB, and they just don't.

~Bang

Did you miss the shot he put on Rice?:doh:

Now that was BANG!

I trust Hall the most - for just being here for 3 weeks to step in and make more plays than Rogers has his entire time with the team is something. Not only that, I don't recall him getting smoked on any big plays either, unlike Smoot and Rogers who both have the last 2 games for long TDs.

Archived