Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF: Tampa or Carolina - Who will you be rooting for?

Redskinizzle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

TAMPA!!

Basically if we become Bucs fans the rest of the season they will basically wipe out all the teams we need to lose. Carolina still has to play the Giants, New Orleans, and Denver. That's a much harder schedule than Tampa's ( SD,Oak,and Atl) Let Tampa win the division and drop Atlanta and Carolina in the process.

All in all there are many scenarios that would put the skins in the playoffs even at 10-6, but there will be some teams left out at 10-6 which is amazing. The NFC has really made a turn around.If we must lose another game is has to be to an AFC team so our conference record stays good.

Our chances may be getting slimmer by the week, but hey, while there's a chance.....

Bucs, no question.

That would take the Panthers down to 6-4 in the conference, as opposed to Tampa dropping to 8-3 in the NFC with a loss.

Carolina loss works out better for us in the scramble for those wild card places.

Hail.

There's your answer. Of course all of this is moot if the Skins' don't get back on track.

:logo:

Obviously, the Bucs.

Also, root FOR the Eagles this week. Why?

We want the Giants to have something to play for in Dallas next week. If Philly upsets them, it's much more likely the Giants will play "all out" in Big D next week. We 100% control our own destiny in regards to the Eagles-- even if we lose to Baltimore, so that isn't an issue.

Carolina of course. This might keep Dallas out of the playoffs. Go to the yahoo site that is listed in another thread and after choosing the skins to win and dallas to lose to the Steelers look what happens when you switch Carolina and Tampa Bay as far as the 6th seed wildcard is concerned.

Obviously, the Bucs.

Also, root FOR the Eagles this week. Why?

We want the Giants to have something to play for in Dallas next week. If Philly upsets them, it's much more likely the Giants will play "all out" in Big D next week. We 100% control our own destiny in regards to the Eagles-- even if we lose to Baltimore, so that isn't an issue.

I thought I was the only person to think like this. That is why I wanted the Ravens to win last week. So this week they wouldn't be pissed when they play us.

Even if we win out we might be sitting at home. Wouldn't that blow. I guess that loss to the Rams would then come back and bite us in the arse like many of us said it might. Right "It's only one loss" crowd?

Incredibly slim chance we'd go 11-5 and miss the playoffs....incredibly slim. We'd probably have as much chance to MAKE the playoffs at 9-7 as we would to MISS them at 11-5.

If we win out, we're in.

Here's the weird thing..... 11-5 vs. 10-6 really doesn't matter to us that much-- I know it sounds weird, but it won't affect our chances that much.

We'll need to beat the Eagles and Niners regardless...it won't make much of a difference if we have 8 or 9 wins entering those games.

Strictly from a mathematical, playoff-chance standpoint, the game against the Ravens really isn't very important to us.

If you want to the Skins to have their best shot at the playoffs, you have to root for Tampa. Dallas is pretty likely to miss the playoffs regardless; I don't see them beating Pitt or the Giants and I think there's a pretty good chance that they will lose to either the Ravens or the Eagles.

Disagree about the Cowboys---I think 2-2 is the most realistic scenerio for them. I think they can beat Pittsburgh, but we'll go ahead and give them a loss there.

Then, I think they WILL beat the Giants. That game could mean very little to NY assuming they wrap up the division this week.

If you want to the Skins to have their best shot at the playoffs, you have to root for Tampa. Dallas is pretty likely to miss the playoffs regardless; I don't see them beating Pitt or the Giants and I think there's a pretty good chance that they will lose to either the Ravens or the Eagles.

I disagree as well. The Dallas Pitt game will tell us all alot about the playoffs. If Dallas goes into Pitt and wins handily, it will mean they are back in stride and will make the playoffs. If they get beat up, they are probably out. I think Dallas will go into Pitt and beat them. I think they will win 3 out of the next 4 if they beat Pitt.

Archived