Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF: Tampa or Carolina - Who will you be rooting for?

Redskinizzle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Rooting for the Panthers is almost as bad as rooting for the Cowboys. Other than the girls, I hate the Panthers the second most. Because of them, I have to go to a bar every sunday to watch our games. Pisses me off. Besides that, one of my boys is a diehard bucs fan, and he roots for us in big games, so I'll show my support for his team tomorrow.

I suspect I'll know a lot better who to be cheering for, after the Sunday games. This week I'm hoping the Skins win, Dallas loses, and New Orleans beats Atlanta. Should Baltimore get past the Skins, Dallas luck out against Pittsburgh, and the Falcons beat the Saints -- then things would look very grim for Washington.

True, the Skins going 3-for-4 down the stretch could still keep us in the hunt, but in those scenarios our real competition for a a playoff spot seems to Dallas and Atlanta. Most of the scenarios I ran, seemed to flip Carolina and Tampa in and out of the 2nd and 5th seeds in the NFC.

So, to lock up the 6th seed, the Skins must win 3 of 4, have Dallas go 2-2, and Atlanta fade in December (losing two to some combination of New Orleans, Tampa, and Minnesota).

MY POINT:poke:...So, maybe we should root for Carolina over Tampa -- to make sure Tampa stays hungry when they play Atlanta.

Or maybe the Skins should just win all their remaining game --and leave all this scenario speculation to other teams' fans.

Archived