Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PTI just did a part about JC

kiingspadee

Very nice piece. Said that some of the problems IS JC fault but this is his 2nd year as a Starter but they lost some tough games to Pitt, Dal, & NYG and it is hard for him to do anything when he is on the ground.

Also said that it is messed up that when they were 6-2 people they were saying JC for MVP. But now they are 7-5 that JC is awful.

Pretty nice piece

Very nice piece. Said that some of the problems ARE JC fault but this is his 2nd year as a Starter but they lost some tough games to Pitt, Dal, & NYG and it is hard for him to do anything when he is on the ground.

Also said that it is messed up that when they were 6-2 people they were saying JC for MVP. But now they are 7-5 that JC is awful.

Pretty nice piece

Fixed that. :)

Well at least his head on a stick

20081203-175255.jpg

Wilbon said, Jaws had him as a MVP candidate, the problem had a lot to do with playing Pittsburgh Dallas and the Giants defenses.

Deserves some of the blame, yes... so does the rest of the team

Washington fans always want to blame the QB for any problem, going back to Sonny/Billy

Put it this way, JC is above and beyond further in his development with Zorn at the helm than he was last year. Zorn has developed him into someone who has what it takes to be a star, but needs a better o-line. Maybe his release is slow, and maybe some other things, but they need to build the o-line around him and let Portis adapt. Campbell has shown what he can do behind a good pass protecting o-line (look at early this season), and Portis has shown he can run behind any o-line (Denver vs. Washington) as long as they are taught to run block in there strenghts (zone blocking vs. power running). This will further his development and we have our QB.

Well at least his head on a stick

Wilbon said, Jaws had him as a MVP candidate, the problem had a lot to do with playing Pittsburgh Dallas and the Giants defenses.

Deserves some of the blame, yes... so does the rest of the team

Washington fans always want to blame the QB for any problem, going back to Sonny/Billy

THANK YOU! :applause:

Very nice piece. Said that some of the problems IS JC fault but this is his 2nd year as a Starter but they lost some tough games to Pitt, Dal, & NYG and it is hard for him to do anything when he is on the ground.

Pretty nice piece

PTI is useless just like around the horn but here is what's wrong with wilbon's comment.

wilbon doesnt realize that yes, at 6-2 some have said JC for MVP which is comedy at its best because if anyone was MVP of the redskins, it was portis or skins defense. he also doesnt understand that since 6-2 the skins have regressed as the season has moved on. this is what he should be concentrating on. this is the most important part of it and nothing else should matter. this is the reason why it makes me say " give him time? there is nothing i see on the field from this guy that makes me say, give him more time....." if it was the other way around where he did play like he was in a new system and as the season went on, i saw huge improvement on his play on the field... then sure, i would have no problem saying " give him time or another yr!" this should be easy to understand but of course the show is for entertainment and is clueless.

then he only talks about losses against PItts dal and NYG trying to make his argument better by only mentioning good teams we have faced..but totallly ignores about how we played against rams, browns, lions and seahawks. of course we barely won against 3 of those pathetic teams and actually lost against the rams but what he doesnt understand is that the redskins defense against all those teams including NYG, dal and Pitt, was what kept us in games. the offense has been pretty much the same regressing at the same time.

nothing about campbell was impressive. bad to mediocre . portis and redskins defense was what kept us in most of the games.

PTI is useless just like around the horn but here is what's wrong with wilbon's comment. he doesnt realize that yes, at 6-2 some have said JC for MVP which is comedy at its best because if anyone was MVP of the redskins, it was portis or skins defense. he also doesnt understand that since 6-2 the skins have regressed as the season has moved on. this is what he should be conentrating on. this is the most important part of it and nothing else should matter. this is the reason why it makes me say " give him time? there is nothing i see on the field from this gy that makes me say, give him more time....." this should be easy to understand but of course the show is for entertainment and is clueless. then he only talks about loss against PItts dal and NYG but is clueless about how we played against rams, browns, lions and seahawks. of course we barely won against 3 of those pathetic teams and actually lost against the rams but the what he doesnt understand is that the defense against all those teams including NYG, dal and Pitt, the offense has been pretty much the same regressing at the same time. nothing about campbell was impressive. bad to mediocre . portis and redskins defense was what kept us in most of the games.

par

a

graphs

theyre your friend.

I have to agree with Wilbon on this one. JC should take some of the blame but its not all his fault. We've played some tough defenses lately and the entire O hasn't been productive. Besides the game against Seattle, even Portis has been struggling some, mostly due to injuries. But if Portis is struggling so is this offense. He is such a big part of what we do on O. When he was playing well so was Campbell because he didn't have as much pressure on him to be the whole offense. Now teams are stacking the box and blitzing and we are giving up more sacks and Portis hasn't had alot of running lanes. This offense will work, but we all knew it was gonna take more than a year to really see all the results.

PTI is useless just like around the horn but here is what's wrong with wilbon's comment. he doesnt realize that yes, at 6-2 some have said JC for MVP which is comedy at its best because if anyone was MVP of the redskins, it was portis or skins defense. he also doesnt understand that since 6-2 the skins have regressed as the season has moved on. this is what he should be conentrating on. this is the most important part of it and nothing else should matter. this is the reason why it makes me say " give him time? there is nothing i see on the field from this gy that makes me say, give him more time....." this should be easy to understand but of course the show is for entertainment and is clueless. then he only talks about loss against PItts dal and NYG but is clueless about how we played against rams, browns, lions and seahawks. of course we barely won against 3 of those pathetic teams and actually lost against the rams but the what he doesnt understand is that the defense against all those teams including NYG, dal and Pitt, the offense has been pretty much the same regressing at the same time. nothing about campbell was impressive. bad to mediocre . portis and redskins defense was what kept us in most of the games.

Funny how you never mentioned how the o-line has regressed. You ever think there is a reason why?

Funny how you never mentioned how the o-line has regressed. You ever think there is a reason why?

ive blamed our o line in other threads but the topic of this thread is about JC and what was said on PTI. u wanna talk about oline, be my guest. ive said oline could be better as well but campbell not being able to read defense, side step, step up , avoid rushes and make plays when there is pressure weighs heavier than what our Oline is doing or lack there of.

ive blamed our o line in other threads but the topic of this thread is about JC and what was said on PTI. u wanna talk about oline, be my guest. ive said oline could be better as well but campbell not being able to read defense, side step, step up , avoid rushes and make plays when there is pressure weighs heavier than what our Oline is doing or lack there of.

So we disagree. I don't think you can read a defense during a play when defenders are all over you.

I guess the most telling stat (if we could get it) is the avg. pocket time per team from an o-line. Maybe then we can gauge whether we Campbell is taking to long or the o-line isn't giving enough time. But unless we can, don't act like you know exactly the problem, because you could be wrong.

campbell not being able to read defense, side step, step up , avoid rushes and make plays when there is pressure weighs heavier than what our Oline is doing or lack there of.

:rolleyes: please inform us exactly how you know JC can't read defenses. back this up, because everything else says that is pure nonsense.

1. Zorn has JC calling the blocking scheme at the line.... you don't do that if you can't recognize defenses

2. 4 int in 12 games, 63.8 comp.%, doesn't happen when you can't recognize defenses, His INTs would be way up

3. Not only Zorn, but experts like Jaws all talk about how JC is recognizing coverages, allowing him to go through his progressions faster, and knowing where to go with the ball.

4. Several big plays were revealed that JC called an audible, or recognize the defense coverage, and made adjustments including the 3rd and 23 play to Cooley deep inside the 10, ad Moss big bomb against the Saints to name a few

5.Have you not seen the repeated info, about how JC avoids the rush by slide, dip his shoulder, reset his feet and throw

So we disagree. I don't think you can read a defense during a play when defenders are all over you.

I guess the most telling stat (if we could get it) is the avg. pocket time per team from an o-line. Maybe then we can gauge whether we Campbell is taking to long or the o-line isn't giving enough time. But unless we can, don't act like you know exactly the problem, because you could be wrong.

u make it sound like defenders are all over JC every play. are we watching the same game? JC needs perfect protection and WRs wide open for him to make plays. when there is pressure , what will a QB do is what we should be talking about. perfect preotection and WRs open... any QB can make plays.

the fact that JC cant read defense, make throws in tight coverages, side step, step up, roll out from his weak side letting his instincts take over, avoiding rushes and making play is what makes JC mediocre. and if he was able to do this when the OLIne is not "perfect" he makes the OLINE look good.

even Moose during giants game said " JC cant take 7 steps back... he just cant do that..." he took 7 steps, that right already is 2 or 3 seconds, then he had time but kept statying in the pocket not letting his instiinct take over and rolling away from his weak side. then he focuses too much on his first option.

and this is why JC leads the league in most yards lost per sack cause when he gets sacked, he stays back there meaning he doesnt move around the pocket.. that one sack we had on eli, he felt the pressure and stepped up and had one yard lost.

JC has an arm and a pretty looking spiral but what goood is it if he can make plays taht really matters.

its like basketball players dribbling pretty and looking all fancy but cant make a shot even if his life depended on it.

:rolleyes: please inform us exactly how you know JC can't read defenses. back this up, because everything else says tat is pure nonsense.

1. Zorn has JC calling the blocking scheme at the line.... you don't do that if you can't recognize defenses

2. 4 int in 12 games doesn't happen when you can't recognize defenses, His INTs would be way up

3. Not only Zorn, but experts like Jaws all talk about how JC is recognizing coverages, allowing to go through his progressions faster, and knowing where to go with the ball.

4. Several big plays where revealed that JC called an audible, or recognize the defense coverage, and made adjustments including the 3rd and 23 play to Cooley deep inside the 10, ad Moss big bomb against the Saints to name a few

1. Zorn has JC calling the blocking scheme at the line.... you don't do that if you can't recognize defenses-- so what is it, is it JC's inability not to make the right blocking scheme? cause obviosly he aint doing a good job. this one makes no sense! yeah so just cause JC calls the scheme, its OK to blame it on the OLINE cause JC knows exactly what will work. hey, he called the scheme afterall. LOL

2. 4 int in 12 games doesn't happen when you can't recognize defenses, His INTs would be way up --- u one of those stat guys? ive said this over and over again. i would take every 4 TDs for every INT. of course, not every INT equal 6pts. stats can be very deceptive like ur 4 INT in 12 games. then there are ones that are telling. like being 1 of 3 teams not to score 30 or more points. or 4 teams scoring less TDs than us. oh and then JC's TD numbers. nice job there.

3. Not only Zorn, but experts like Jaws all talk about how JC is recognizing coverages, allowing to go through his progressions faster, and knowing where to go with the ball. read my first post. it explains everything there. DOC walker.... u call JAws an expert, DOc walker gotta be one too right? past two weeks when JC was on his show, he laid it right on him.

4. Several big plays where revealed that JC called an audible, or recognize the defense coverage, and made adjustments including the 3rd and 23 play to Cooley deep inside the 10, ad Moss big bomb against the Saints to name a few. ---- no one is saying he doesnt make big plays or do something good. what im saying is taht he doesnt do it in a consistent manner which good QBs do. is it that hard to understand?

well good example is when u are actually at the game, there are open receivers but JC fails to throw to them. that would be a good indicator.

then when it is 3rd a 12, dont throw it to recievers that is 5 yards away from the 1st down marker. this is classic example of him too focused on his first option. he doesnt look at other options.

then of course, and this one is what kills me more than anything else. now i dont know how big of a football fan u are but aside from Redskins games, i watch almost other games as well and when i see other QBs over and over again in a "consistent" manner avoiding rushes by side stepping, stepping up, rolling away from their weak side.... making plays with their feet or arm is another good comparison/indication that JC cant do what other good QBs do in the NFL.

:rolleyes: please inform us exactly how you know JC can't read defenses. back this up, because everything else says that is pure nonsense.

2. 4 int in 12 games, 63.8 comp.%, doesn't happen when you can't recognize defenses, His INTs would be way up

3. Not only Zorn, but experts like Jaws all talk about how JC is recognizing coverages, allowing him to go through his progressions faster, and knowing where to go with the ball.

4. Several big plays were revealed that JC called an audible, or recognize the defense coverage, and made adjustments including the 3rd and 23 play to Cooley deep inside the 10, ad Moss big bomb against the Saints to name a few

5.Have you not seen the repeated info, about how JC avoids the rush by slide, dip his shoulder, reset his feet and throw

Thank you, so I don't have to respond further.

well good example is when u are actually at the game, there are open receivers but JC fails to throw to them. that would be a good indicator.

then when it is 3rd a 12, dont throw it to recievers that is 5 yards away from the 1st down marker. this is classic example of him too focused on his first option.

Technically, if you actually listened to Zorn and hear that the WRs are not running the right routes. Also him saying it is the WRs route that takes them to first downs, you would realize that the execution is the problem. The team has regressed, but not just JC. The entire offense needs to get that spark back and they need to get that execution back. But until they do, JC and the O will suffer.

Technically, if you actually listened to Zorn and hear that the WRs are not running the right routes. Also him saying it is the WRs route that takes them to first downs, you would realize that the execution is the problem. The team has regressed, but not just JC. The entire offense needs to get that spark back and they need to get that execution back. But until they do, JC and the O will suffer.

zorn this zorn that. i dont need zorn telling me what i see or what other QBs do that JC cant do. u should try it instead of listening to everything u hear.

Archived