Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the amount of fairweather fans around here make me sick

purbeast

As I turned on the radio this morning, they were already having a quarterback discussion on the monday morning quarterback show. Sheehan and Riggo and Andy were talking about how Todd Collins could come in now and make a big time change for the best.

Then all these callers are calling in supporting them saying it's time for a change.

I am just wondering, where the hell were these TC supporters when JC was 4-1 and was being discussed as a possible MVP of the NFL?

They even went to say do they think Zorn will be around next year if they keep up at this route. Newsflash guys, only 1 team this year has beaten the defending superbowl champs! So losing to them is not the end of the world!

The negativity around the DC metro area on the local sports radio stations are almost unbearable now and I may just stop listening to these guys at all.

The worst possible thing that could happen to the skins at this point is if they make a huge personel change. What they need to do now is let this group of guys play together till the end of the season and continue into next and see where they can take it from here.

Sorry, just wanted to do a weak little rant on here.

Wake up dude, its not fairweather.

This team cant score points. After four or five straight games of this, youre finally starting to hear from the fan base. Give me a break.

They are WAY ahead of expectations......everyone thought we would have 4-5 wins.....and we are in the thick of things...people just need to be patient. But they cant.

I hate the people on this board. The only reason I read and post is to get inside information. This is making me sick. We have a first year coach, a horrible offensive line, and yet we are still 7-5. Last year we were 5-7 at this point, and STILL made the playoffs.

People here lose faith so fast its unbelievable. Campbell is the right quarterback for this team point blank. He makes smart decisions, has a cannon arm, and is progressing. To start over at the qb position would mean 2 more years of mediocrity. I can guarantee if CB was the starter we would be 3-9 this year so far.

Maybe because the team is regressing every week and getting worse. The Fans should be pissed. They took a 6-2 record and a good chance at a Wildcard and turned it into another disaster on par with 1996 and 2000.

The team has no fire and Zorn is being outcoached every step of the way.

I admit it - I am such a diehard emotional fan that I take losses very very personally and I am pissed they are pissing the season away.

People here lose faith so fast its unbelievable.

And how much faith do you have for the future...so we make the playoffs this year and lose in the first round. We have an old OL and a below par DL...how much faith do you have for the team going forward?

OP - you are right. Period.

It isnt fairweather so much as its that these fans dont understand football, and dont understand what needs to be done to improve. They look for the easy scapegoat and harp on that.

Its a kneejerk reaction in both directions...we beat the boys on the road and were the best team in the league. we lose to pittsburgh before the bye and we are the worst.

just ignore them.

I don't agree with benching JC. He is the franchise QB and needs time to develop in this system.

However, I hardly can argue about people getting angry. We may be 7-5, but we are nowhere near the team we were early in the season, and we are only getting worse. If you looked at just our last 7 games, you would think we were one of the bottom 5 teams in the league. Which is unacceptable, given the amount of talent and experience we have.

Not to mention, we have won 2 playoff games in 16 years... I can hardly fault people for getting exasperated when its the continued failure of the front office (for ignoring our problems on the offensive and defensive lines) that is holding us back currently.

I'm not fairweather by any means, and I've been honestly, but pleasantly surprised about how well we have done, until the last 3 losses.

it's hard to lose, as a fan or player. We did get our hopes up, I did. I'm not going anywhere, never will stop being a fan or following this team, but I sure will voice my frustration and/or opinions.

Let me add....that the Cardinals are one of the top scoring offenses in this league right now...along with New Orleans and Denver. But they are 7-5/6-6/7-5 rrespectively....

Oh and we have the same record as the New England Patriots...

I don't know if the proper term is fairweather or fickle, but one way or the other I agree. Whomever pointed out that we're two games ahead of last year at this time is absolutely correct. At this point last season, we had just lost to the Bills in dramatic fashion, and all appeared lost. This year, we have two more wins under our belt, and we just lost to the defending Super Bowl Champions. The teams ahead of us in the playoff race don't have favorable schedules. I'm not saying that we do either, but anything can happen. And seriously, at this point if we make the playoffs, we'll probably play the first weekend at the Cardinals. I've never been to a Skins/Cards game in Arizona, but from what I understand it's normally a virtual home game for the Redskins. I'm not trying to look ahead, but it's not over until it's over.

And how much faith do you have for the future...so we make the playoffs this year and lose in the first round. We have an old OL and a below par DL...how much faith do you have for the team going forward?

Dude, all of our skill players are 29 and under. Cooley, Moss, Randel el, Portis, Betts, Thomas, Kelley, and most importantly our QUARTERBACK!!! He is still growing. Eli has been in that system for 5 years, and he still made dumb mistakes yesterday. Eli should have had 2 picks. If we get younger in the trenches, we will be set for the future IMO. We have two young cb's in Rogers and Hall.

I went to the giants game last year up in New York. It was really cold and by the start of the 3rd quarter almost every giant fan was gone. Seriously, the future superbowl champ giants had no one there to support them by the 4th quarter. Are giant fans fair weather? Every team will have fans that are pissed with the way their team is playing. I remember every giant fan wanted to kick both Eli and the gaint's coach out of New York. The media was all over them after that redskin game. People are just frustrated with the team and it is understandable. The team has played poorly here at home. We all love this and that's why we're mad because we want them to win.

A lot of things factor in on how a team does. Strength of schedule, knowing the playbook, executing the plays right, coaching, experience, having the right players for a given system etc... As mentioned above, Eli Manning has been in the same system since his rookie year. Jason Campbell has had three NFL offenses in four seasons, and he still has a decent QB rating.

The fans have a right to complain. This team was 5-7 this time last year. Now, they're 7-5 and could very well end up 11-5 or 10-6. It's just not time for them to take the next step yet but eventually this team will. By 2010 or 2011, the Redskins will be a 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 kind of team. We just have to let the team flourish and be patient.

Dude, all of our skill players are 29 and under. Cooley, Moss, Randel el, Portis, Betts, Thomas, Kelley, and most importantly our QUARTERBACK!!! He is still growing. Eli has been in that system for 5 years, and he still made dumb mistakes yesterday. Eli should have had 2 picks. If we get younger in the trenches, we will be set for the future IMO. We have two young cb's in Rogers and Hall.

Dude....where in my post did I mention skill positions? You acknowledged my point that the lines were the issue...and thats where a quality team is sound. And Flacco and Ryan don't seam to have a problem lighting it up downfield.

I know I haven't been that huge on Redskins football as long as many of the other fans on this board and that I'm still a newbie here, but like ljsheeley said, I have to say that I'm still pleasantly surprised with how this season's turned out at this point. I can understand why there are frustrated fans out there, but regardless how this season ends, it could have gone much, much worse. Right?

As I turned on the radio this morning, they were already having a quarterback discussion on the monday morning quarterback show. Sheehan and Riggo and Andy were talking about how Todd Collins could come in now and make a big time change for the best.

Then all these callers are calling in supporting them saying it's time for a change.

I am just wondering, where the hell were these TC supporters when JC was 4-1 and was being discussed as a possible MVP of the NFL?

They even went to say do they think Zorn will be around next year if they keep up at this route. Newsflash guys, only 1 team this year has beaten the defending superbowl champs! So losing to them is not the end of the world!

The negativity around the DC metro area on the local sports radio stations are almost unbearable now and I may just stop listening to these guys at all.

The worst possible thing that could happen to the skins at this point is if they make a huge personel change. What they need to do now is let this group of guys play together till the end of the season and continue into next and see where they can take it from here.

Sorry, just wanted to do a weak little rant on here.

This is the NFL...its all about winning now (not waiting until next year). Many people on this board are so content with waiting another year. I'm sick of waiting. I want to win now. We aren't winning with these players. Changes should be made. I'm not attached to anyone on this team. JC has showed me nothing. He's slow to get the ball out, missing open receivers and holding the ball too long. In my opinion, he's not a playmaker. He's not horrible, but not great either. I've asked this on this board already and will ask this again.....are people willing to lock JC up on a long-term contract?

Archived