Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the amount of fairweather fans around here make me sick

purbeast

A Redskin fan who is discouraged right now has every right to be. We can't score! Even against weaker teams - we lose or just eek out a victory. We're just not operating on all cylinders like we did when we went into both Dallas and Philly. I'm not sure whose fault it is - is it Campbell, is it the kickers, is it the offensive line, is it the receivers? As the funny black man with curly hair on SNL said, "Just fix it!"

Wake up dude, its not fairweather.

This team cant score points. After four or five straight games of this, youre finally starting to hear from the fan base. Give me a break.

And thats the fact! We would have never made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for another QB.

Wake the hail up people!!! Our recievers have already proven themselves, our RB's have already proven themselves. The only one who hasn't proven himself is Jason Campbell. This same team beat the world champs in their house last year, and knocked out other teams in their way to get to the playoffs, but they didn't do this under the leadership of Jason Campbell. He's the one who put us in the position where we had to run the table to get in, just like he's doing now.

This same offense averaged 25 points a game last year under Todd Collins, and did it against some of the best defenses in football, Chicago, NY, Dallas, and 36 points against the Vikings in their house. Do you people realize if we could average that now, this team would be undefeated. Hall of Fame coaches, quarterbacks, and runningbacks are saying JC isn't the man, what the hail makes you supporters think he is? Must be his leathal 7 points a game huh.

I hate the people on this board. The only reason I read and post is to get inside information. This is making me sick. We have a first year coach, a horrible offensive line, and yet we are still 7-5. Last year we were 5-7 at this point, and STILL made the playoffs.

People here lose faith so fast its unbelievable. Campbell is the right quarterback for this team point blank. He makes smart decisions, has a cannon arm, and is progressing. To start over at the qb position would mean 2 more years of mediocrity. I can guarantee if CB was the starter we would be 3-9 this year so far.

Our offensive line is pretty damn good if you exclude Jansen. JC had a lot of time to make plays yesterday, especially considering he was facing the Giants' D. That offensive line has also opened holes for the #2 rusher in the NFL who has yet to spring a 40+ yard carry.

The O line is NOT the problem.

The skill players are failing to execute, and the playcalling regressed every game since the Saints game.

the amount of people around here starting threads calling out other fans as "fair weather" ... while pro-claiming their "True fan-ness" makes me even more sick.

get off your soap box.

:applause: :cheers:

Forgive fans for having the gaul to be concerned at yet another season collapse and to question some glaring problems that are getting bigger by the week. This **** was being questioned when we were scraping out the W's, NOT just a knee-jerk reaction to ONE game!

If caring about my team enough to raise and discuss glaring points with other like minded, long standing fans makes me "fairweather", then i'm happy to be in the "fairweather" club.

Hail.

Guest sith lord
Fixed for reality, and to illustrate the OP's point regarding this fickle, doom and gloom, overreacting, exxagerating fanbase.

Dude, we're average at best. Above average teams don't struggle against the soon to be 0-16 Lions and lose AT HOME to the 2 win Rams.

Guest sith lord
And thats the fact! We would have never made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for another QB.

Wake the hail up people!!! Our recievers have already proven themselves, our RB's have already proven themselves. The only one who hasn't proven himself is Jason Campbell. This same team beat the world champs in their house last year, and knocked out other teams in their way to get to the playoffs, but they didn't do this under the leadership of Jason Campbell. He's the one who put us in the position where we had to run the table to get in, just like he's doing now.

This same offense averaged 25 points a game last year under Todd Collins, and did it against some of the best defenses in football, Chicago, NY, Dallas, and 36 points against the Vikings in their house. Do you people realize if we could average that now, this team would be undefeated. Hall of Fame coaches, quarterbacks, and runningbacks are saying JC isn't the man, what the hail makes you supporters think he is? Must be his leathal 7 points a game huh.

Best post of the thread. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

OP - you are right. Period.

It isnt fairweather so much as its that these fans dont understand football, and dont understand what needs to be done to improve. They look for the easy scapegoat and harp on that.

Its a kneejerk reaction in both directions...we beat the boys on the road and were the best team in the league. we lose to pittsburgh before the bye and we are the worst.

just ignore them.

I'm really looking forward to your insight on what needs to be done. Oh, and once you give your opinion on what "needs to be done" I hope you don't mind everyone saying "Da#1skinsfan doesn't understand football and doesn't understand what needs to be done to improve".

Sorry, that was a pretty arrogant post.

A fairweather fan would be someone who deserts the team because they're losing or playing badly. I'm not deserting the team. There is no other team I watch. There is no other team I care about. For me, the season ends when the Redskins are finished playing. I have supported this team for over 50 years. That will not change.

But with that I experience the frustration of watching a front office that thinks the game is made up of nothing but skill positions. Everybody seems to recognize that our team doesn't beat good teams because we don't have an offense. And we don't have an offense because we don't have an offensive line. We have one of the best RB's in Portis. Cooley is an elite TE. Santana Moss is an elite WR and although not in the same category, ARE and Thiomas and Kelly are no slouches. But with all of that, our run game is terrible against good defenses. Why? Because we have no OL and the FO hasn't drafted any first or second-round linemen since 1999, pre-Vinny and Dan.

Frustrated? You betcha. Fair-weather? Hardly.

Dude, all of our skill players are 29 and under. Cooley, Moss, Randel el, Portis, Betts, Thomas, Kelley, and most importantly our QUARTERBACK!!! He is still growing. Eli has been in that system for 5 years, and he still made dumb mistakes yesterday. Eli should have had 2 picks. If we get younger in the trenches, we will be set for the future IMO. We have two young cb's in Rogers and Hall.

nope...we need to put in collins now :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but if you sell your tickets to a visiting fan and think nothing of it, you're either fairweather or fickle...take your pick. The attitude of people saying, "...it's not a big deal if the person's rooting for the other team" has got to stop. As a person that's literally alienated his family (Christmas Eve 2005 vs. the Giants) to get to a Skins game, I deeply resent the people that sell their tickets to opposing fans, taking away our home field advantage. And I feel that I have every right to call them out. I don't have as much a problem even with people leaving early, but the act of selling tickets to "the highest bidder" has to stop. If you're getting well over face for the seat, odds are its' an opposing fan. As a devout Catholic that attends mass every week, I'll liken selling your seats to opposing fans to the Catholic Church allowing Jewish and Muslim missionaries to try to convert Catholics after Sunday mass. (That doesn't happen, but it's just a parallel.)

Archived