Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's with the poor offensive play calling?(Merged)

mi6

Woah champ, slow down dude.

JC is a good QB, top 15 at least.

Lets not go crazy here bro :silly:

no he's not...

I'd rather have.. Brady, Cassel, E. Manning, P. Manning, Brees, Ryan, Favre, McNabb, (it pisses me off but..) Romo sits to pee, Rivers, Palmer, Warner, Collins, Delhomme, Rogers, Pennington,....

that's already 16.. which makes him bottom half of the league. If you think you can argue with any of those.. be my guest

I'm going to explode. Has this play ever worked for us? Campbell is just AWFUL at throwing it and the receivers have been no help when Campbell actually does get the ball there either. Please Zorn, ban the slant play before it really bite you in the ass.

I'm going to explode. Has this play ever worked for us? Campbell is just AWFUL at throwing it and the receivers have been no help when Campbell actually does get the ball there either. Please Zorn' date=' ban the slant play before it really bite you in the ass.[/quote']

Might want to change that to "one more flat slant route." The slant route can obviously work especially when defenses are set up to stop the run. I mean look what the Giants offense did to the Redskins today. The routes just looked flat ... maybe it is because Jason Campbell released the ball way too late. :ravensuck

HTTR

Might want to change that to "one more flat slant route." The slant route can obviously work especially when defenses are set up to stop the run. I mean look what the Giants offense did to the Redskins today. The routes just looked flat ... maybe it is because Jason Campbell released the ball way too late. :ravensuck

HTTR

A 20-yard slant route?

Never heard of such a thing. You mean a post?

I believe we ran play action on first down twice in the entire game.

Play action on first down is the most important part of NFL passing offenses. It's where the biggest chunk of passing stats come from. Instead, everyone knew what was coming every time we had a first down. Two-yard run.

Running every first down and passing every second down is not balanced offense.

I still blame the O-Line, Jansen was terrible and every game he has at least one penalty.

I like Zorn and remember when Gibbs 2.0 had a losing season many wanted him gone.

You watch other mediocre teams and the QB has all the time in the world to throw.

When CP called the O-Line out before the NO game, they played like beasts and that was our highest scoring game to date.

But I am just a fan so what do I know.

You can't get too creative in the play calling department when your QB has difficulty executing the most basic plays you have. If we had a QB who was capable of playing in the NFL Zorn would look like a genius again.

I like JC, but we were all complaining about the same stuff last year. Bad playcalling, bad o-line, bad receivers...

... and then Collins goes in and in one series everything looks better.

I like JC, but we were all complaining about the same stuff last year. Bad playcalling, bad o-line, bad receivers...

... and then Collins goes in and in one series everything looks better.

Your post clearly reflects poor play at the QB position. Time for us to bench JC and send him a strong message. Up the ante and your game, or find a new job! :applause::point2sky:logo::helmet::notworthy

But, if the play call is: all slants or all hooks or all curls what is the QB supposed to do?

:2cents:

I guarantee that it's not. The short options are there in case the defense completely focuses on the options that are beyond the sticks. In that case, the free receiver running a 4-yard drag should be able to pick up a couple more yards for a first down.

I'd guess that JC is rushing his reads. He's not seeing down the field.

Archived