Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's with the poor offensive play calling?(Merged)

mi6

I've been watching the Skins longer than you have been alive. That's what kind of fan I am. You are wrong again. He did not have plenty of time and protection. He hasn't really had that all game. If he didn't have time to check his other receivers that is not his fault. If he does and he throws to a guy that is blanketed he is at high risk for throwing an INT. NY is probably the best team in football. They are putting heat on the QB and doing a good job covering. You seem like a great armchair GM, head coach, o-coordinator I am surprised your phone isn't ringing off the hook from somebody like Detroit or Cincy offering you a job.

What? LOL wow, this guy is lying and delusional. the very first time we were on the field and he threw to moss? he had perfect protection and when he threw the ball, nobody was around himm

then the second time we were out there on 3rd down, again, perfect protection and when he threw to cooley, no one was around him.

dude, wake up and nobody cares if u have been watching it longer than me,. it jsut means that u were around longer. has nothing to do with anything.

Jason, are you color blind? The guys wearing white jersey's are the opponents.

And, here's a poor throw that highlights Jason's accuracy. An interception, and that is game changing.

All of the commentators today called Jason for holding the ball too long!

holding the ball too long. another aspect of campbell that makes him a mediocre qb and a clear reason why he gets sacked. he cant find other options and sticks to his first target too long. that one sacked he had, mooose said " he took 7 steps.. he just cant do that" that is a classic reason why campbell has the most lost yards per sack. he steps back too much and doesnt know to step up when pressured.

If we don't throw the ball on every down from here on out I will be irate. There's 11 minutes left and you're down two TDs. I doesn't take a rocket scientist....I even think we should've gone for it last series, regardless if we just stopped them. NFL games aren't that long, you can't wait forever.

The shame is we don't evenly distribute our passes among the WRs, RBs, and TEs. The game plan is to run Clinton, and pass to Moss. On occasion throw the ball to ARE, Chris, and run a reverve.

****! A 10 year old could come up with a better game plan.

What? LOL wow, this guy is lying and delusional. the very first time we were on the field and he threw to moss? he had perfect protection and when he threw the ball, nobody was around himm

then the second time we were out there on 3rd down, again, perfect protection and when he threw to cooley, no one was around him.

dude, wake up and nobody cares if u have been watching it longer than me,. it jsut means that u were around longer. has nothing to do with anything.

JC has made some bad throws but you make it sound like he is the only problem. You seem like a whining fair weather fan who loves the team when they are winning but pisses and moans and seemingly thinks it is funny when the offense plays inept.

As I type, 2 plays in a row pocket collapses. That is what you deem as "plenty of time."

4th and 1 stuffed. OLine not getting it done today. In fact, that has been a problem the last 4 games or so. But JC had the ball before he handed off so he should of saw that coming huh?

I agree,

We used to be unpreditable, catching people off gaurd, we have only made 2 or three play calls like that this game, Randle Els throw, and the Thomas reverse, both plays worked.

How about trying a play action bomb on 4 and 1 instead of a run up the middle. Zorn would have made a call like that 8 weeks ago, but has since regressed.

JC has made some bad throws but you make it sound like he is the only problem. You seem like a whining fair weather fan who loves the team when they are winning but pisses and moans and seemingly thinks it is funny when the offense plays inept.

As I type, 2 plays in a row pocket collapses. That is what you deem as "plenty of time."

4th and 1 stuffed. OLine not getting it done today. In fact, that has been a problem the last 4 games or so. But JC had the ball before he handed off so he should of saw that coming huh?

listen. let me make this short and easy for you.

what im saying is that campbell doesnt have that "IT"

he at best slightly above avg QB and ive seen the best of him. nothing i see on the field makes me say " oh we should give campbell mnore time cause i think with more time, he can get better..."

Jason Campbell is the main problem. You can't count on him. He never shows up too play we we need him too. Jim Zorn another dumb move by Dan Snyder. We should have kept Greg Williams. the Redskins will never be a winning team again till the get rid of campbell and Dan snyder. and IMO i think Zorn is a horrible coach. he couldn't work his magic with campbell.

After watching the play from this offense today I really don't know whether to blame the playcalling or the lack of play from the offense. I always hear all this great stuff on how Campbell is a "poise" QB and how he has a hell of an arm...where is it? I mean I want Campbell to light it up every Sunday as well as everyone on here, but then I think of all the other players on offense who don't show up either. What's the deal? What happened to the team that beat Philly and Dallas at their homes? Do you think we should keep going in the direction that we are with this offense? Is it Campbells fault or Zorns? I Just want some feedback because I know we have the talent to be just as good a team as the Giants and it's a shame we havent been able to see it yet. Bench Campbell? Someone else? Do what? Obviously I don't blame Campbell for everything, but he is the leader of our offense...or is Zorn? What do YOU think?

No ****ing please. Just some thoughts on what YOU honestly think the Skins need.

Discuss. :logo:

he at best slightly above avg QB and ive seen the best of him. nothing i see on the field makes me say " oh we should give campbell mnore time cause i think with more time, he can get better..."

Campbell is fine. He's one of the top 10 QBs in the league. Teams have won Superbowls with lesser QBs.:doh:

This is not a rant thread. We all know that JC is incapable of being an NFL QB, so I'll skip it.

They way to stop this is the FO needs to get an offensive cordinator in here or Zorn has to go. I like the spirit he brings to the game, but he's shown that in 4 straight games, and most of the season, he is incapable of beating NFL defenses with his play calling. Why not hire an OC for next year to help him out. Let him focus on managing the team.

Think this would help? Is Zorn a lost cause? He's not making changes so what do we do?

Agreed....assuming the "IT" to which you refer is an OL that can give him enough time to throw long, intermediate, or short. Campbell proved early in the season that when he gets time to pass the ball he can be a very good QB. Same for Zorn's playcalling. As can be expected, both have been mediocre since our OL regressed. Imagine that.

Archived