Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's with the poor offensive play calling?(Merged)

mi6

Perhaps Jim can take a page out of the Giant's offensive playbook. The Giant's passing game seems to be quite efficient.

Way to go Hall! Thanks for making the interception. Had it been Carlos "butter finger" Rogers it would have been dropped.

Hall's played a couple of games, and already has 2 interceptions! Hall is a DB we need to sign. Goodbye Sean Springs ...

Perhaps Jim can take a page out of the Giant's offensive playbook. The Giant's passing game seems to be quite efficient.

Way to go Hall! Thanks for making the interception. Had it been Carlos "butter finger" Rogers it would have been dropped.

Hall's played a couple of games, and already has 2 interceptions! This is DB we need to sign. Goodbye Sean ...

Hall was a great pick up huh? that INT was not easy. We actually got a guy that can make INTs whether it is an easy one or not.

Thrash drops a 3rd and 10 pass that hit him in the hands. Not JC's fault. Drive killers. WR's need to start catching the damn ball.

sure it was the WR fault but do u ever post and say it is campbell's fault when he doesnt make a play? i dont think so. u cant nitpick

WOW, i know im stating how mediocre i think campbell is but lets look at the big picture. as a team, most of our players are mediocre. we have good players here and there but come on.

like this guy suisham. 3 games straight with makable miss FGs. time and time again, we always need a FG kicker and we seem to not be able to find one. same with out Dline, time and time again, we emphazise d line and we dont do anything. sad

sure it was the WR fault but do u ever post and say it is campbell's fault when he doesnt make a play? i dont think so. u cant nitpick

I don't usually make posts during the game actually. But both of the ones today were legit. JC does look in decisive at times and holds the ball too long. But, when he does make a good throw (especially on 3rd down) the WR has to catch the ball. Period.

PS- 42 yard FG is a routine kick for guys like bironas, crosby, folk, josh brown. we need a kicker who is consistent (at converting not missing).

I don't usually make posts during the game actually. But both of the ones today were legit. JC does look in decisive at times and holds the ball too long. But, when he does make a good throw (especially on 3rd down) the WR has to catch the ball. Period.

PS- 42 yard FG is a routine kick for guys like bironas, crosby, folk, josh brown. we need a kicker who is consistent (at converting not missing).

how about when our oline gave campbell enough time in the 1st qt and on 3rd downs, he throws to wide open recivers nowhere near the 1st down marker and we are 3 and out multiple times? u see, this is what u call a QB not looking at his options especially when he has enough time and sticks too much on his first taget. at this stage of his career, u would think he should be able to look for more than one option , especially on 3rd downs. he just doesnt have that "IT" man. get over it cause campbell is what he is. at best slightly above avg.

exactly. fanboys whine about oline , now its zorn's play calls. dude has time but he doesnt look at all his options cause he jsut doenst know how to. he has bad field vision. sticks to his first target too long and he doesnt know how to step up where there is pressure. i still dont get how fanboys think campbell is a good qb. mediocre at best. enough is enough. guy needs to go. weve seen the best of him. not sure what u poeple see that thinks he will be better. give him more time? that has to be the worst excuse for this mediocre QB

What I DO get, is how irrational and impatient alot fans are. We're all too quick to rush anybody out the door that isn't Marino, Sanders, Rice, etc.. well guess what, those guys didn't play up to their status all the times as well. I seen it all too many times, Portis sucks, start Betts, start Brennan, etc...

If I had to point to one thing that that led to the Giants lead, is the fact that Eli seems to have scouted out defense well. I counted about 4 times the Giants had the perfect counter for our defense, and got big plays as a result. It was only till we came out with the 3-4 alignment with JT at OLB that the Giants seemed to be a bit out of sync.

how about when our oline gave campbell enough time in the 1st qt and on 3rd downs, he throws to wide open recivers nowhere near the 1st down marker and we are 3 and out multiple times? u see, this is what u call a QB not looking at his options especially when he has enough time and sticks too much on his first taget. at this stage of his career, u would think he should be able to look for more than one option , especially on 3rd downs. he just doesnt have that "IT" man. get over it cause campbell is what he is. at best slightly above avg.

You obviously think I'm trying to go to bat for JC. I'm not. The WR's/Cooley need to run their routes 10 yards on 3rd and 10 instead of only 7 yards. That is not JC's fault as you imply.

You obviously think I'm trying to go to bat for JC. I'm not. The WR's/Cooley need to run their routes 10 yards on 3rd and 10 instead of only 7 yards. That is not JC's fault as you imply.

so as a QB, it isnt up to the QB to realize that his targets didnt run their routs and are nowhere near the marker and look for another target especially when he has protection and time?

oh wow, last time i checked, during a pass play, qb has the ball and dictates the play. like i said, enough is enough. pretty sad that there are more than 1000 excuses for this guy campbell.

and here is the problem with zorn's play calls and zorn himself. he doesnt understand that our defense cant stop giants offense but for some reason he keeps doing conservative calls and gives theball back to them. that is what you call inability to recognize what is going on.

so as a QB, it isnt up to the QB to realize that his targets didnt run their routs and are nowhere near the marker and look for another target especially when he has protection and time?

oh wow, last time i checked, during a pass play, qb has the ball and dictates the play. like i said, enough is enough. pretty sad that there are more than 1000 excuses for this guy campbell.

This is where you are wrong. It is not up to the QB to hold the ball until the receiver gets past the marker. Even the commentators are saying this. The QB does not dictate the play. Receivers are supposed to be able to read coverages and adjust with a play in progress just as the QB should read coverages prior to the ball being snapped. JC is not great by any means, but everything you say is his responsibility is not. According to your theory, the guy with the ball dictates the play. So I suppose if Portis has the ball during a running play then he is supposed to dictate the blocking schemes for the O-Line?

OK here you go, as I type JC throws an interception. Terrible pass, under thrown. ARE had a step on the DB's and if the ball is thrown where it should be then this is a TD.

This is where you are wrong. It is not up to the QB to hold the ball until the receiver gets past the marker. Even the commentators are saying this. The QB does not dictate the play. Receivers are supposed to be able to read coverages and adjust with a play in progress just as the QB should read coverages prior to the ball being snapped. JC is not great by any means, but everything you say is his responsibility is not. According to your theory, the guy with the ball dictates the play. So I suppose if Portis has the ball during a running play then he is supposed to dictate the blocking schemes for the O-Line?

OK here you go, as I type JC throws an interception. Terrible pass, under thrown. ARE had a step on the DB's and if the ball is thrown where it should be then this is a TD.

whatg? what the hell? so everything has to go perfectly for this guy campbell to make a play?> what happened to other options, other recievers on the field. why are they there? so when first target doesnt work out, as a QB, u look for other options. what part of that do u not understand? he had plenty of time and protection. where do fans like u come from?

whatg? what the hell? so everything has to go perfectly for this guy campbell to make a play?> what happened to other options, other recievers on the field. why are they there? so when first target doesnt work out, as a QB, u look for other options. what part of that do u not understand? he had plenty of time and protection. where do fans like u come from?

I've been watching the Skins longer than you have been alive. That's what kind of fan I am. You are wrong again. He did not have plenty of time and protection. He hasn't really had that all game. If he didn't have time to check his other receivers that is not his fault. If he does and he throws to a guy that is blanketed he is at high risk for throwing an INT. NY is probably the best team in football. They are putting heat on the QB and doing a good job covering. You seem like a great armchair GM, head coach, o-coordinator I am surprised your phone isn't ringing off the hook from somebody like Detroit or Cincy offering you a job.

Jason, are you color blind? The guys wearing white jersey's are the opponents.

And, here's a poor throw that highlights Jason's accuracy. An interception, and that is game changing.

All of the commentators today called Jason for holding the ball too long!

Archived