Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our offensive play calling is horrible ...

mi6

The offensive play calling is just plain horrible. It's so predictable it's not even funny. Especially, during the 4th quarter where there is an over emphasis on the run. Yes, it's important to run off the clock, but we need to be somewhat balanced. If not, there is a strong possibilty that the opposition could put 8 in the box, and attempt to create a fumble.

If the Seattle Seahawk win today's game, it is because we just DON'T have the ***s to go for the kill. For me, it's no more Betts in the 4th quarter. He has fumble-itis. Would prefer having Rock run.

Thank heaven, Hasselbeck threw an interception. What an ugly victory. We couldn't even easily handle a 2-8 team! This offense with Jason at helm is aweful!

Your spelling is aweful, but I suppose that's beside the point.

There were a number of big drops. Kelly never should've run his route that close to the sideline in the endzone. With the way Campbell kept drives alive with his feet, I'm not sure you can pin this one on him.

Your spelling is aweful, but I suppose that's beside the point.

There were a number of big drops. Kelly never should've run his route that close to the sideline in the endzone. With the way Campbell kept drives alive with his feet, I'm not sure you can pin this one on him.

LOL @ grammar nazi's, who then commit the same sin they are preaching against.

How can any of the ugliness of this game be on Jason? There were several costly drops and a potentially devastating fumble by Ladell. JC can play better, but he did his job today.

I love how the JC faithful defend him to any level. Listen hes a decent QB at best ok, the guy may not make a terrible mistake like throwing an Int but how many times like today Moss is open and you've got to throw the ball to the indise its a TD if you do he and he throws is outside again. I'm sorry but JC can't throw deep very well at all and he misses some really important throws every game. Thats a reason why we don't score more than 17 pts a game..

JC is at best a game manager...he will not win a game for you by himself.

I'm glad we won but disappointed at the same time. So tired of these close wins when we should be winning by 14+ points in not all but most of the games we have played this season. With the time of possession almost 2 to 1 in out favor 38:27 - 21:33 and only win by 3 points is very disappointing. shold have won by way more then that. If we our going to get to the playoffs we have to get mor TD's then FG's. Very poor effort in the win.

holy ****, we moved the ball every time we got it in the 2nd half, we took the ball from the 2yrd line with 6mins left and took it all the way down to the 30yrd line with like 1:20 left if we didn't fumble it we would have ran the clock out and won.

quit your ****in' and just take a win, holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Seattle looked like a 2-8 team. Their defense was solid, their running game was decent, and our secondary was hard-pressed to neutralize their passing game.

Zorn went with the higher percentage chance for a win via the running game. Our O-line was bigger than their D-line, and we could wear them down. That's what happened in the 4th quarter.

Also, Clinton Portis is the difference-maker -- he's the mainspring of the offense. So, calling a gameplan heavy with the run, was the smart thing to do.

Only call I really had a problem with tonight was the Campbell roll-out and pass to Sellers on 3rd and 2 inches inside the Seattle 5. Thought he out-smarted himself on that one and bailed Seattle out. You've got a power rush line, a slam back in CP, a 270 fullback and a 6'4" QB. I was calling for, first option, a Campbell sneak on a quick snap, second option, a quick hit handoff to Sellers on a quick snap, or Portis. As it was, we asked a 270 fullback with average-at-best hands to catch one on the run. Thought the call was too cute given the OL was having its way on th eurn at the time. 3 inches.

LOL @ grammar nazi's, who then commit the same sin they are preaching against.

Please run a full diagnostic on your sarcasm meter. ;)

Regarding the OP, I think he's forgetting that our OL has really stunk it up over the past few games and as a result, our OTs are pretty much calling the game for Zorn. Zorn is calling mostly screens and short passes to keep JC from getting killed.

Tired of seeing the bootleg to Cooley ran 10394930853480 times a game. The play is good for 2 or 3 times a game. Maybe more if you change it up a bit...run it to the left instead of the right to Cooley (nothing against Cooley). But its a predictable formation and the play is overused.

holy ****, we moved the ball every time we got it in the 2nd half, we took the ball from the 2yrd line with 6mins left and took it all the way down to the 30yrd line with like 1:20 left if we didn't fumble it we would have ran the clock out and won.

quit your ****in' and just take a win, holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you do likewise. Take your senile comments elsewhere.

None of our wins have been by more than 7 points. Good teams, and great offenses bury their opponents. Remember the drubbing we took from the Patriots last season... it shook us quite a bit for the next few games.

The underlying fact remains we are just average. We have yet to score more than 30 points this season, and defeat one of our opponents by 2 touchdowns.

Dale if you're satisfied with the win okay, but obviously you don't know to much about the game of football. look at all the stats....ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the stats and tell me what you think should the outcome should of been? Like i said im glad we won but still disappointed 20-17? you shouldn't win byu just 3 points when you're almost 2-1 in TOP.

I'm glad we won but disappointed at the same time. So tired of these close wins when we should be winning by 14+ points in not all but most of the games we have played this season. With the time of possession almost 2 to 1 in out favor 38:27 - 21:33 and only win by 3 points is very disappointing. shold have won by way more then that. If we our going to get to the playoffs we have to get mor TD's then FG's. Very poor effort in the win.

I agree to some extent on we should score more. But time of possession is the most overrated stat there is. It seems like when we get close we can't score. So we go for the FG. I would've liked for Zorn to go on 4th and an inch though. Even if we didn't get it, it was deepin their end.

Only call I really had a problem with tonight was the Campbell roll-out and pass to Sellers on 3rd and 2 inches inside the Seattle 5. Thought he out-smarted himself on that one and bailed Seattle out. You've got a power rush line, a slam back in CP, a 270 fullback and a 6'4" QB. I was calling for, first option, a Campbell sneak on a quick snap, second option, a quick hit handoff to Sellers on a quick snap, or Portis. As it was, we asked a 270 fullback with average-at-best hands to catch one on the run. Thought the call was too cute given the OL was having its way on th eurn at the time. 3 inches.

I'd beg to differ a bit. Sellers generally has very good hands and will usually catch those. He just dropped it is all. I agree with you that we probably should have run the ball but that's hindsight.

Archived