Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our offensive play calling is horrible ...

mi6

2nd half was a big turnaround. I like the tempo in the 2nd half

Totally agree. What I liked a little more in this game was they through a couple of deep passes........guess what you got a pass interference on one = reception. Also Kelly getting in to me could be big. Bad execution on the jump ball to him, but its the right point.

Loved the dominating running the 4th quarter and that is something you have to do at that time of the game so no complaints there.

As pissed as I was watching the game, I do realize we still are exceeding expectations in wins, and a little better execution could easily yield us a couple extra scores a game. Think of it the missed fg cost you 3 (43 fg that is short is unexcusable), the the drop by Sellers (they should have run in my opinion) cost you 4. So that takes us to 27 points and you know what, that should be enough to win most games.

This team on offense is still a WIP in alot ways. If Zorn is implementing it (even slowly but surely) I can live with that. May not survie the season watching it, but its about getting the job done.

the only call I had a problem with was the 3rd and 1 pass to sellers. Why not just hand it off to CP? he was killing the Hawks D all game.

Well, it worked. Or it would have worked had Sellers caught the ball. It was the aggressive call to try and get a TD.

Folks complain about conservative play calling, then when we do something aggressive, there are complaints about that.

The O-Line play was terrible again in the Pass Protection category, but the run blocking was much improved against a pretty terrible D-Line.

In response to the OP,I personally liked the fact that they found out in the 4th quarter they could just run right down the field, and they were picking up 8,10, 12 yards at a time running, so why pass?

Archived