Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our first round pick should be...

method man

What really pissed me off is when the skins didn't sign Dockery back. You know if they approached the guy during the season he would have signed for a cheap contract. But no' date=' Genius Vinny decided to wait until he reached free agency and the Bills offered him 40 million. Nice Vinny[/quote']

How do you know if Gibbs, Vinny, and Snyder approached Dockery during the '06 season that he would have re-signed for less money? I'm sure his agent was in his ear telling him that if he goes on the market he can get a huge contract with the way teams were throwing around money to guards, and not all of them being top notch guards. The Bills gave him a 7 year deal worth $49 million, with $18 million guaranteed. That was the 3rd largest deal for a guard and Dockery is not a top 3 guard in the league, and there's no way the Skins could match the Bills offer.

I don't care what round or what position you are drafting in....always, always, always draft the best player available for one of your need positions.

So with that in mind (excluding any trades)...our needs are OL, DL, LB and CB. With those four positions there is no way a player is not available at the top of the list for one of those positions.

I would like to see our O line next year

Samuel,Rhienhart, Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Heyer

Dline

Carter, Montgomery, Draft Pick, Draft Pick

GOOD luck sir.

We wont find 4 starters, let alone good enough to supplant our present starters, in one draft. Especially when we are lacking a 2nd round pick

I think George Selvie/James Laurenitis are going to be on our radar.

But this is tough to do. I'd say OL is our number one priority. But we may sign some help there in free agency.

I don't know who we've signed in free agency. Any of the tackles/guards/backers/defensive ends could be out there for us.

Not knowing where we pick or who we've gotten already makes this tough. :)

I don't think either of those guys will be available when we pick. I think Selvie is rated as the best DE or one of them in the draft. It'd be nice to get one of those. With the depth for OLineman in the draft, it'd be nice to trade down and 2 offensive lineman. If we could get a really good LB or DLineman in the first I'm up for it.

Duke Robinson

This is the guard from Oklahoma who is an absolute beast, because he can also play right tackle. He is an absolute road grading stud who will be a great replacement for Jansen. With Robinson in the pocket, our right side of the OL could be completely reconstructed in Rinehardt and Robinson.

The only way i see this happening is if we send Shawn Springs or Marcus Washington (or sumbdy else) to the Raiders, Bengals, or maybe the Chiefs for a 1st rounder. Other than that, it will just be wishful thinkin. Good thought tho.

Try to trade out of the 1st round and get 2 seconds or a 2nd and 3rd. Carolina is one team out of the 1st round right now. Like Atlanta last year, they may have their eye on one particular player that we might be able to take advantage of.

Yeah, I agree as you can see from my post above yours.

But I do think that we'll only do this if there's noone we're absolutely enamored with. If there's some guy we just have to have, we'll take him. Either that, or there may be noone willing to trade.

Duke Robinson

This is the guard from Oklahoma who is an absolute beast, because he can also play right tackle. He is an absolute road grading stud who will be a great replacement for Jansen. With Robinson in the pocket, our right side of the OL could be completely reconstructed in Rinehardt and Robinson.

We could draft his counterpart, Phil Loadholt if Robinson is not available. Althought I think Heyer can still be our RT, Heyer may be groomed for eventually replacing Samuels at LT. Heyer is a natural LT. Put Rhinhart at RG and Loadholt at RT.

But this is tough to do. I'd say OL is our number one priority. But we may sign some help there in free agency.

I don't know who we've signed in free agency. Any of the tackles/guards/backers/defensive ends could be out there for us.

Selvie is only a sophmore or junior. Do we even know if he is declaring for the draft?!

Selvie is only a sophmore or junior. Do we even know if he is declaring for the draft?!

No!?!?

We also don't know where we'll be picking, which free agents will be picked up, who may or may not be retiring, who's going to get in contract disputes, who we may/may not trade, etc.

What's your point? This whole thread is a guessing game.

And he's a junior.

I would like to see our O line next year

Samuel,Rhienhart, Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Heyer

Dline

Carter, Montgomery, Draft Pick, Draft Pick

Thats going to be pretty difficult considering we only have a couple picks. i think we need to adress one of those spots in free agency. Not sayin a big name guy that breaks the bank, just simply a above average starter or upgrade in one of those spots and then try to draft the other 3. i agree thats where we need to concentrate our draft area on tho

I would also like to say that lineman adapt to the nfl game faster so if we can get lineman during this years and next years drafts, then our recievers will be in their 3rd year which is that magical year for recievers and our team might be ready to break out.

I think Selvie will end up playing as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Duke Robinson

:cheers::applause: see the sig! I think he stays at guard though.

In the 1st round, I'm hoping for the best OT available. In the 3rd round, I'm looking for the best Center who can play guard. I expect our starters to be the same as this year, with the exception of Heyer starting at RT. On the bench, we'll have Reinhart, Janson, and the two rookies. Fabini and Geisinger will no longer be Skins. If we elect to only keep 8 lineman, then look for Janson to be gone as well. Look for Heyer or the 1st rounder to be taking over for Samuels in three years.

Assuming that MW is gone, I'm guessing (really, that's all it is) we address the starting LB position in free agency and look for Linebackers in the 5th or 6th round. I don't see Fincher sticking around, though I like his energy. That will leave us with the FA, McIntosh, Fletcher, Blades, Cambell, and one or two rookies -- a nice combination of veterans and youth.

Archived