Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our first round pick should be...

method man

We need to get a replacement for M. Washington... I really like what I've seen from Wake Forests Aaron Curry and I really hope he will still be around for us in the later part of the first round.

The guy is 6'3'' 247 lbs and runs a 4.58 - He plays outside linebacker, (even though he won ACC Defensive Back of the week and ACC Defensive Lineman of the week during the 2007 season) and can be moved virtually anywhere on the defensive side. 3 year starter, never missed a game with injury. He makes plays all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkvAcrXLnOM&feature=related

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just beasts out at the combine and become this years Vernon Gholston-- in which case, we have no shot at landing him with our pick. But I really think solidifying our linebacker situation with a stud like this would make a lot of sense.

We need to get a replacement for M. Washington... I really like what I've seen from Wake Forests Aaron Curry and I really hope he will still be around for us in the later part of the first round.

The guy is 6'3'' 247 lbs and runs a 4.58 - He plays outside linebacker, (even though he won ACC Defensive Back of the week and ACC Defensive Lineman of the week during the 2007 season) and can be moved virtually anywhere on the defensive side. 3 year starter, never missed a game with injury. He makes plays all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkvAcrXLnOM&feature=related

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just beasts out at the combine and become this years Vernon Gholston-- in which case, we have no shot at landing him with our pick. But I really think solidifying our linebacker situation with a stud like this would make a lot of sense.

Curry is indeed a beast, but I agree that he is going to shoot up draft boards. Laurinitis and Maulaluga will go ahead of him and will probably go top 10. That means Curry will probably go between 10 and 20.

I am hopeful on Robinson being there though, because you often don't see guards going in the top 20 picks unless he can also play left tackle (like Branden Albert).

The only way i see this happening is if we send Shawn Springs or Marcus Washington (or sumbdy else) to the Raiders, Bengals, or maybe the Chiefs for a 1st rounder. Other than that, it will just be wishful thinkin. Good thought tho.

that would be amazing but we always just let our players go instead of just testing the trade markets...shoot even a 2nd rounder would be nice.

Archived