Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Border Patrol Agents Seize Nearly 3 Tons of Marijuana

ljs

There is going to be one pissed off drug dealer....

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/11182008_2.xml

Laredo, Texas – Border Patrol agents from the Hebbronville station seized more than 5,700 pounds of marijuana from a tractor-trailer Monday.

“This case illustrates that the immigration checkpoints are an effective element of the defense-in-depth strategy we employ to secure our nation’s borders,” said Laredo Sector Chief Patrol Agent Carlos X. Carrillo.

Agents manning the checkpoint located on Highway 1017 conducted an immigration inspection of the driver of a 1999 Freightliner tractor that was pulling a soft-sided trailer. A service canine alerted agents toward the trailer, indicating the presence of hidden people or contraband.

Agents examined the trailer that was carrying a load of flattened cardboard containers. A close inspection of the 10 stacks of containers revealed that they had been modified to create large false compartments in the centers of the stacks. Inside the compartments agents found hundreds of cellophane-wrapped bundles. The bundles contained marijuana with a total weight of 5,755.2 pounds and an estimated street value of $4.6 million.

The driver, the vehicle and the marijuana were turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

The driver faces possible felony drug smuggling charges. In addition to federal charges, the driver also faces a lifetime revocation of his Commercial Driver’s License under the Texas Hold‘Em initiative.

There is going to be one pissed off drug dealer....

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/11182008_2.xml

Laredo, Texas – Border Patrol agents from the Hebbronville station seized more than 5,700 pounds of marijuana from a tractor-trailer Monday.

“This case illustrates that the immigration checkpoints are an effective element of the defense-in-depth strategy we employ to secure our nation’s borders,” said Laredo Sector Chief Patrol Agent Carlos X. Carrillo.

Agents manning the checkpoint located on Highway 1017 conducted an immigration inspection of the driver of a 1999 Freightliner tractor that was pulling a soft-sided trailer. A service canine alerted agents toward the trailer, indicating the presence of hidden people or contraband.

Agents examined the trailer that was carrying a load of flattened cardboard containers. A close inspection of the 10 stacks of containers revealed that they had been modified to create large false compartments in the centers of the stacks. Inside the compartments agents found hundreds of cellophane-wrapped bundles. The bundles contained marijuana with a total weight of 5,755.2 pounds and an estimated street value of $4.6 million.

The driver, the vehicle and the marijuana were turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

The driver faces possible felony drug smuggling charges. In addition to federal charges, the driver also faces a lifetime revocation of his Commercial Driver’s License under the Texas Hold‘Em initiative.

Good. Get that seed popping dirt crap out of this country.

Who honestly smokes dirt weed anymore? I sure won't. It gives me a headache and a bad taste in my mouth

Too bad another 6 tons was imported into the country while they had their backs turned confiscating this delivery.

The war on drugs is an epic failure.

And the good stuff is coming in through Canada while they are worried about all the dirt that is coming through towards Mexico. I'm cool with that. I hope it stays that way

Am I the only one that laughed at the Texas Hold'Em initiative?

NOOOOOOOoOoooOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!

:applause:

My sentiments exactly.

We had a bust here in SW Virginia last year, actually like 7 months ago. It was like, a joint effort with the feds and local and state police. They got about half as much pot in the bust and about 200k in cash in duffel bags.

Man, talk about a dry spell.

Archived