Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I had this the other night. The first one I had, I wasn't too impressed with, but I poured the second one in a glass and got caught up doing something in the other room, when I came back and started to drink my beer, it was a hell of a lot better closer to room temp.

Sup QB? The man who got me in to this craft beer scene. My MMA brethren. I'm high off of Flying Dog Double Dog PA right now, as a matter of fact. And it's scary how my "K-9 Ale" Experience was exactly like yours. The first one was disappointing, but the second one was nice because I left the room, came back, and it was warmed up.

Sup QB? The man who got me in to this craft beer scene. My MMA brethren. I'm high off of Flying Dog Double Dog PA right now, as a matter of fact. And it's scary how my "K-9 Ale" Experience was exactly like yours. The first one was disappointing, but the second one was nice because I left the room, came back, and it was warmed up.

:cheers:

Good to hear brother, once you go craft you never go back.

I know I'm always giving props to DogFish, but damn, I have yet to one of their beers I didn't like. I just cracked a India Nut Brown Ale, and it's dynomite. Pours nice and dark, with a lingering hoppy / nutty finish that lasts a while.

Another excellent brewski from DFH.

PIcked up a case to include 6 DFH Chicory Stouts, 6 DFH Nut Brown Indian Ales, and 12 Sam Adams winter mixer. I'm excited to try the chocolate Bock and Holiday Porter.

Old Fezziweg is one of my favorites!

me too!! i wish i could get it in 12-packs on its own instead of just as part of a variety pack.

ALERT: Trader Joe's has their annual Vintage Ale out now. it is brewed and bottled by Unibroue. It is an unfiltered belgian style ale a little bit similar to Maudite, but darker and with a stickier head. 8%. very very good stuff. definitely tastes like a Unibroue, but it doesn't have that trademark champaign head like La Fin Du Monde.

I watched the first episode of Brew Masters, the new reality show starring Dogfish Head's founder, Sam Calagione. very entertaining! next week's episode is about Midas Touch, so it should be fascinating. (Dogfish Head is currently my favorite brewery)

me too!! i wish i could get it in 12-packs on its own instead of just as part of a variety pack.

ALERT: Trader Joe's has their annual Vintage Ale out now. it is brewed and bottled by Unibroue. It is an unfiltered belgian style ale a little bit similar to Maudite, but darker and with a stickier head. 8%. very very good stuff. definitely tastes like a Unibroue, but it doesn't have that trademark champaign head like La Fin Du Monde.

I watched the first episode of Brew Masters, the new reality show starring Dogfish Head's founder, Sam Calagione. very entertaining! next week's episode is about Midas Touch, so it should be fascinating. (Dogfish Head is currently my favorite brewery)

This Sunday's episode is about Chicha beer, which in South America is brewed with chewed corn and spit. Kind of like Miller Lite. Think I'll pass and wait for the next episode. :ols:

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

RogueAlesMochaPorter.jpg

Rogue Mocha Porter: A-

Appearance: pours smooth, a very nice chocolate, head builds to one and a half fingers with a medium density tan which slowly fades. At first carbonation bubbles quickly built on the sides of the glass, but then released upon sitting. Completely opaque except on the edges. The carbonation is present and maintains the thin head while continually releasing the very nice aroma, it also results in some fairly heavy lacing that clings throughout the brew.

Smell: Deep rich mocha with strong under tones of dark malts, with high points of hops. On swirling the brew clings to the glass and rolls thickly. Some deep and rich sweetness like plums.

Taste: mostly dark malts, and a bit of hoppy spice, but nothing offensive. The malts are by far and away the dominant flavor along side with the pretty strong black coffee flavor. I didn't taste much of the mocha that I smelled after first pouring. There is a nice spicy flavor on the sides of the tongue, but there really isn't a lot doing on with the flavor. Fairly simple deep rich malts and floral hops for the spice, with a hint of the mocha on the finish. Although, there isn't a real bitter finish that I've gotten used to with porters and stouts.

Mouthfeel: thick almost like a very light maple syrup and leaves a slick feel in your mouth. The carbonation is present at the beginning but does not presist and doesn't distract.

Drinkability: an enjoyable brew, but on the BBQ meter (i.e. how many would you drink at an afternoon BBQ) it gets maybe a 2, but as far as a conosur meter is does much better in that it is a crafted beer that fits very nicely within the porter style, and doesn't not at all disappoint and it drinks very well.

Haven't had a decent beer in a while, so I think I'll put down for some Palo Santo Marron today:

palo-santo-marron.jpg

To me, this is one of the very best Dogfish Head brews there is, and it's perfect for how damn cold it is outside. It's pretty much a strong Brown Ale. It has a bourbon complex beneath a dark, chocolaty/caramel roast. 12% ABV, and it's quite noticeable. Definitely a beer that will make those cold nights a little warmer. Love the Palo Santo wood barrel complex. Only thing keeping this beer out of the A+ range is its quick finish. Popping the first one open on the opening kickoff!

Clipper City is celebrating our 15th Anniversary today (though the actual date is the 8th). We are introducing a limited edition beer for the occasion.

Heavy-Seas-Thank-you.png

Look for it stores in about a week - it will only be available in Maryland.

Pretty cool. Congrats. Is this your company, Rince?