Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

This is about he same time last year for the summer ale release, but cold snap really came out early as did octoberfest (1st week in september I believe it was for Oct) lol

I havent seen any summer ale kegs yet but I am sure I will before weeks end

Edited by DButz65

picked up some Karbach Here comes the Sun (Belgian style Tripel)

nice head and color, first taste was a bit too much clove,hops and light fruit (banana?), but by the end it is growing on me for a lighter tripel

hides the alcohol content well 

• 2 weeks later...

Virginia's Devil's Backbone Brewery, started by Fairfax native Steve Crandall, has been purchased by Anheuser-Busch!  

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/04/12/anheuser-busch-adds-virginias-devils-backbone-its-craft-beer-roster/82932272/

DB got big fast.  A friend was over in London last month and sent me a pic of a beer list on a chalkboard at a pub there - and Devil's Backbone was one of the choices!  Not to mention they seem to be on tap at every pub and restaurant in NoVA.  Now they have the clout of AB behind them.

Their brewpub was the second brewery in my home county and was seen by many as simply riding the coattails of the first (Blue Mountain Brewery). It was started as an investment opportunity by a well-off individual, not by brewers with a passion for their craft. I've never spent a dime of my money at Devils Backbone and now I'm even more glad for that fact. Screw sellout craft breweries who do nothing by support AB-InBev's attempts to apply a stranglehold to the craft brew market through their distribution channels.

• Like 1

Finally tried the Best Damn Root Beer. Tastes exactly like root beer, can barely notice the alcohol, or any hops, barley, malt, ect. Like me some root beer, so it's a winner.

I am an idiot sometimes...A few of us were working late one evening and my co-worker (has a mini fridge in his office) handed me one of those.  I popped the top and chugged it and said it was a decent root beer but it tasted a little different.  He said...that was for you to take home...and turned the bottle around to show me the 5.5% alcohol by volume on the label.  Whoops! 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gotten my hands on more awesome top rated beers the past few weeks.

KBS

Topppling Goliath's pseuso sue and pompei (both awesome pale aleish types, great for spring time, so similar im surprised TP doubled up)

Surly's Furious (tasty, heavy hop but nice malt balance) and Todd the Axeman (my new current favorite, too expensive and hard to get to make it a regular visitor)

Maine's Beer I 

Praire's BOMB! (i like better than KBS personally)

Life is good. 

Come on out to the Capitol City Brewfest this Saturday, (the 30th) yours truly will be working the event, lots of great local beers, (dc/md/va) and me of course lolz http://www.capcitybrew.com/images/springfest2016.jpg more info on their facebook page or website

There is a much larger event going on in leesburg tomorrow as well ,70+ beers, facebook search (NEW) Beer Fest Leesburg

Edited by DButz65

How was the brewfest?

Great, a little slow, the cooler weather had something to do with that of course, only snapped one picture of the beers we distribute,

Fairwinds, Atlas, DC Brau, Flying Dog, Heritage, Old Bust Head and 3 StarsIMG_0726_zpsd2v8foku.jpg

Bought a sixer of a session brew from Old Busthead... Graffiti House West Coast Style IPA.

old-bust-graffiti.jpg

Tried one bottle and I wanted to like it, but it was a bit too astringent for me.  They tout the tropical fruit notes from the hops, which came through, but I didn't get any malty balance.  It felt unfinished.

I'll try it again.  I got five bottles left.  I actually contemplated pouring another glass and stirring in a 1/4 teaspoon of honey to see what happens.

Anyone try Dc Brau's variety sixer? Some nice selections. The dunkel was my favorite so far. Still have the stout collaboration w Cigar City left to try. 

I've only had the Corruption IPA and the Public Pale Ale.  Let us know what you think.

DC Brau is actually available at Nats Park, hidden among all the AB InBev beers.  

I've only had the Corruption IPA and the Public Pale Ale.  Let us know what you think.

DC Brau is actually available at Nats Park, hidden among all the AB InBev beers.  

I think fairwinds has its own booth as well

Heritage has its own bar inside Verizon Center, I think 8 of their beers on tap, and bbq food on the lower concourse

I think fairwinds has its own booth as well

Heritage has its own bar inside Verizon Center, I think 8 of their beers on tap, and bbq food on the lower concourse

Nice. Haven't been to Verizon at all the season for the Wiz or the Caps...

Was at OldOx Brewery a couple weekends back after a bike ride on the W&OD trail.  Had some really good brews there.  Do you hande their stuff?  I haven't seen them much outside their brewery...

Edited by Dan T.

Beer Camp is out again. New twist, there are only 6 collaborative beers and each is  done by a handful of brewers from a specific region of 'Murica. 

Really want to try the Mid-Atlantic/NE region beer collabed with Trillum, Lawsons and a few others that have zero distribution any where close to here.  

http://www.beercamp.sierranevada.com/beers/

Nice. Haven't been to Verizon at all the season for the Wiz or the Caps...

Was at OldOx Brewery a couple weekends back after a bike ride on the W&OD trail.  Had some really good brews there.  Do you hande their stuff?  I haven't seen them much outside their brewery...

Man we carry about 70% of the beer in the market out there, but Yes we carry them too, its all over nova, especially at the places that mainly do craft brews, so you wont find it at applebees or ruby tuesdays lol

where do you live?

Edited by DButz65

Went to my local Pub last evening and got a flight of the following:

Weihenstephaner 1516

Jailbreak Christoph’s Waltz Kölsch

Victory Kirsch Gose

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout NITRO

Loved everything except the Gose....it was alright...just not my favorite .  

Forgot how much I enjoy Fat Tire Amber Ale. Had a couple pints on draft yesterday at American Tap Room with a friend. Slightly malty yet smooth and refreshing.

If I have an IPA to recommend, it would be Golden Road Heal the Bay. Nice balance of hops and citrus notes. One of my favorite IPAs.

Edited by abdcskins