Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny, "we have offense against defense in practice........."

ybnorml

I was listening to Vinny today and he said a good deal of practice is O line against D line. This had me thinking, WHY???

If your O line is sub par and your D line has no idea of what pressure is, then how can this remotely help? It has to only build false confidence.

There has to be another way to improve. Any of you coaches out there have any ideas?

There is no practice that can be done to help a bunch of aged vets. We need Rhinehart and some young blood to step up and play on the o-line. There is no reason Rhinehart and Heyer shouldn't be playing, young quick feet will help this o line. They are struggling right now, it is time to give some other players looks.

Thats what im thinking a crappy offensive line versus a worst defensive line. Yeah that will help againist the loudest fans and patrick kerney and the seahawks. We will get killed next week lol.

I got an idea lets sprint out and move the pocket a lil bit not just leave campbell sitting like a duck in a pond during duck season. We are lost as a offense whats new 4 years and counting.

];5832981']As compared to what? Who else would they practice against? Would you rather the DBs and WRs blitz?

Its not like they can go up to Minnesota and practice against those guys.

Like MLSKINS posted, one on one would probably help this team a little more.

When you constantly practice against mediocraty, there is no way you can improve. Time to try another way.

Could have them practice against the cheerleaders, but that wouldn't help at all with the holding calls. Sigh. Probably have to stick with all that usual stuff like Vinny described.

:)

But it would give our OL some practice against a better pass rushing group than we have right now.

My past experience on OL was that the line v. line and one-on-one drills would lessen during the course of the season as you got more banged up. Vinny may be referring to scrimmages, which is a bit different - just not sure. Anyway, as the live contact in practice decreased the other drills - focused on agility, conditioning and reaction - increased.

At this point our OL really needs help with pass protection and I think it might be time for Heyer.

Archived