Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny, "we have offense against defense in practice........."

ybnorml

My past experience on OL was that the line v. line and one-on-one drills would lessen during the course of the season as you got more banged up. Vinny may be referring to scrimmages, which is a bit different - just not sure. Anyway, as the live contact in practice decreased the other drills - focused on agility, conditioning and reaction - increased.

At this point our OL really needs help with pass protection and I think it might be time for Heyer.

This makes the most sense so far.................

Lets no exxagerate how "subpar" our o-line is. Yes we are struggling a bit right now but there are several factors to that:

1. We're playing too much 4/5 wr sets with an empty backfield

2. We played a GREAT pass rush D in Pittsburgh

3. Jason is holding onto the ball to long. He needs to get through his reads more quickly

4. Pocket mobility. Jason is getting back to old habits of bailing from the pocket too soon. He needs to focus on the footwork he worked on this offseason

The O-Line isn't playing great, but to say the line is terrible while we have one of the best rushing attacks in the league is contradictory and makes no sense.

Lets no exxagerate how "subpar" our o-line is. Yes we are struggling a bit right now but there are several factors to that:

1. We're playing too much 4/5 wr sets with an empty backfield

2. We played a GREAT pass rush D in Pittsburgh

3. Jason is holding onto the ball to long. He needs to get through his reads more quickly

4. Pocket mobility. Jason is getting back to old habits of bailing from the pocket too soon. He needs to focus on the footwork he worked on this offseason

The O-Line isn't playing great, but to say the line is terrible while we have one of the best rushing attacks in the league is contradictory and makes no sense.

Sub par means below average and in our division, the O-line is DEFINITELY below average.

Well, if I'm pracCould have them practice against the cheerleaders, but that wouldn't help at all with the holding calls. Sigh. Probably have to stick with all that usual stuff like Vinny described.

practicing against the cheerleaders?...well...yeah, I'm gonna be holding. Sorry.

Sub par means below average and in our division, the O-line is DEFINITELY below average.

That's not a fair comparison considering some of the best o-lines are in our division. Plus aside from the Giants o-line, which o-line has undoubtedly outperformed ours? Philly can pass block but can run worth a damn and Dallas was struggling big time before last week. I'm not saying we have a great o-line at all, but considering we have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, its difficult to sit back and say we have a sub par o-line.

I was listening to Vinny today and he said a good deal of practice is O line against D line. This had me thinking, WHY???

If your O line is sub par and your D line has no idea of what pressure is, then how can this remotely help? It has to only build false confidence.

There has to be another way to improve. Any of you coaches out there have any ideas?

Not sure, but it could be possible to improve O-Line performance, by practising aganist more than 11 defensive players. By overloading one side or both sides, the O-Line maybe forced to make better reads on whose going to do what, and work on the physical aspect of the game as well.

We should have the defense practice against the cheerleaders and have the offense practice against the training staff.

I'd try out for the offensive team if that was the case. I'm 6-1, can run the 40 in about 7 seconds, and can bench 200 about twice. That makes me at least as effective as Kelly, Davis or Kelly, right?

This is just gratuitous bashing of the Redskins lines. Totally unecessary.

This week, they really deserve it. Honestly.

Archived