Extremeskins

Liberals clinically mad

Stiggs

Liberals clinically mad, concludes top psychiatrist

Eminent doctor makes case leftist ideology is a mental disorder

Posted: November 12, 2008

6:33 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

"Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

(Story continues below)

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

• creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
  • satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
  • augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
  • rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

"The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

(Its actually worse then even this guy claims)

"creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization" - You're against us just because we are religious. Jesus was killed for our sins. The war on Christmas and Christian values. Why are you trying to destroy our marriages with your gayness?

"satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;" - I am holy because Jesus says so. I get to go to heaven because I have been good, I am getting compensated for praising Jesus.

"augmenting primitive feelings of envy;" - It's so bad it's one of the seven deadly sins in our culture.

"rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the god" - It writes itself.

I think I remember reading about this study before. I think it surfaces every now and again. I will say that I think anyone who clings to any doctrine fanatically probably is a bit "mad"

Of course, there are many studies that show conservatives are happier than liberals... so, I guess we are mad at that.

Liberals are mad, and conservatives are sad.

And we spin round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and shut the **** up already.

~Bang

Yeah - that's a silly article. This is the only thing I got from the article after reading between the lines: "I am so unhappy that Obama won!"

If anything, this person, Dr. Lyle Rossiter, sounds a bit obsessive-compulsive.

What's interesting is that, counter to this, a US-government funded study came to the conclusion that "conservatism is essentially a set of neuroses rooted in "fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity."

This study further stated that "...this intolerance of ambiguity can lead people to cling to the familiar, to arrive at premature conclusions, and to impose simplistic cliches and stereotypes."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/250462

Now, is this study a bit unfair? Of course, because, while we all know some conservatives or those on the Right that are certainly fearful, aggressive, and dogmatic (certain elements of the Bush administration come to mind), I do not think these traits can be applied to the many pragmatics that identify as conservatives.

Just like it is entirely unfair, and a bit absurd, to claim that a political philosophy, liberalism, which help to form a basis for this nation, with "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," with concepts of personal liberty and property rights, is a also a mental condition.

huh, I guess I've been right. The word liberal is like sunlight to a vampire with regard to a democrat. They hate it and don't want to be called it.

I guess we now know why.

Let me ask you something - do you even know what "liberal" means, its history, and its impact on the West?

The problem is that the Right has demonized the word without even making its definition known, so that folks, perhaps such as yourself, do not even bother understanding exactly what this term means in political context.

What's odd is that Islamic militants also rant and rave about Western liberalism, because they disagree with concepts such as free speech, women's rights, equality, and market economics.

Isn't it something that American right-wingers and Islamic conservative mullahs can find common cause?

huh, I guess I've been right. The word liberal is like sunlight to a vampire with regard to a democrat. They hate it and don't want to be called it.

Not true in all cases. I don't mind being called Liberal at all. Right-wing media has tried to make it a dirty word and I will admit they have succeeded to a certain degree.

I guess we now know why.

At the expense of adding to this PoS thread, I'll say that I for one do not mind being called a liberal, but I think that "progressive" better describes the relationship between our policies and those of people who call themselves "conservative."

Not true in all cases. I don't mind being called Liberal at all. Right-wing media has tried to make it a dirty word and I will admit they have succeeded to a certain degree.

Exactly. And the worst part is that they have demonized the word while trying to take ownership of the philosophy's concepts.

It's a bit Orwellian, if you ask me.

Some conservatives, since the 18th century, have longed opposed liberalism, which they saw as a dangerous egalitarian belief, and this fight continues to this day with the modern adherents of right-wing conservatism.

That's what folks do not seem to understand - this is a battle that has been waged for hundreds of years, between the reactionaries of the world and those who want to progress through traditional liberal concepts.

Exactly. And the worst part is that they have demonized the word while trying to take ownership of the philosophies concepts.

It's a bit Orwellian, if you ask me.

Some conservatives, since the 18th century, have longed opposed liberalism, which they saw as a dangerous egalitarian belief, and this fight continues to this day with the modern adherents of right-wing conservatism.

That's what folks do not seem to understand - this is a battle that has been waged for hundreds of years, between the reactionaries of the world and those who want to progress through traditional liberal concepts.

Totally agree.

BTW, are you going to update that Cheney sig on January 20th? :)

I think (Bang) is a case in point :silly:

Except I'm not a democrat. I'm another independent, sick to death of the ridiculous horse**** that guys like you flood into the lives of thinking people. it's a never ending game of "my dick is bigger than yours", and it is SO childish and SO old.

I have no patience for narrow minded tunnel visioned goose-steppers like yourself.

And as my post pointed out to most everyone, it is a tiresome circle.

One thing that is troubling to me... a lot of you GOPers seem to have absolutely no clue that this kind of bull**** is what has cost you the trust of the American people. This kind of arrogant insulting garbage has ruined the reputation and standing of your party.

And like a good drone, you mindlessly ignore it, instead blaming your defeat on everyone else's stupidity and mental illness.

Grow up.

~Bang

I feel like the next Radio Hour may include quite a bit of yelling.

:movefast:

Actually, in the Radio Hour that comes out tomorrow we do have a real wacko.. Tom went into a political chat room and recorded this woman... holy smokes.

I'm telling you, real people are FREAKS.

Oh, and for fun he also recorded an Eagles fan watching his team getting beat last Subday,, that one is funny, he's ready to fire the whole team, and a 49ers fan in a chat room crying about his team losing to the Cardinals.. he lays down some ultimatums.

Fun stuff.

~Bang

Archived