Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Number 5 Honesty Thread....Reid and McNabb...Gotta Go!!!!1

Number5

I haven't posted up here in a while because of my schedule, but after watching the game Sunday night, I have been forced back into the hate monger of old.....(remember my Dear T.O. post????)

I direct this to all of my die-hard Eagles fans and to those of you on the site who told us all not to believe the hype....

You were right....

Watching Sunday night, I saw potential in some of our younger players (Jackson, Bradley, GoCong), I saw pride in some of our older players (Dawkins, Runyan, Thomas).....and I saw McNabb joking with Giant players after the game... :wtf:

There was once a time when you didn't help opposing players off the turf. When you wouldn't smile after a loss because it be considered like a death in the family. Things have changed haven't they? Some for the better, some for the worst, but all in all, change has come and gone. The point of this thread is to be honest with my fellow ES brothers who happen to root for this joke of a franchise.

Let's keep it real....they suck and should be considered an punchline to a joke made in poor taste. If we replayed a Reid or McNabb PC from 2002 it would sound exactly the same as now. They are like a bad Vegas show that is on constant repeat. Come on with the fake smiles and "I need to put my players in better positions"...JESUS, you've had over 10 years to put your players in better positions!!! And McNabb.....look, I smoke at least 3 bags of green a day and after I run 15 yards, I don't need a timeout. You sir, have become a living joke and I think that your days as the "Face Of The Franchise" are over. (No one mentioned last week during the Seattle game, that it was Westbrook, not McNabb who was on the sidelines rallying the troops) Sorry to say it, but maybe T.O. was right...... :doh:

Kevin Kolb wasn't drafted to fill a roster spot. My gut tells me that if all is lost by the Dallas game, we will see a new QB under center and for some reason, I don't feel to bad about those prospects....then again, baseball season is how many weeks away???? :laugh:

How have the Eagles been drafting? It seems like they haven't really added anyone since their blockbuster draft of 2002.

And their FA aquisitions have all been mediocre to bad. Kearse, Samuel, etc.

They just seem old- no standout young talent

They just seem old- no standout young talent

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

You said it. That's the issue. That's the entire issue. That's the problem. That's why we suck.

Call them cheap if you want. Even if that's the case, that's not why we're a bad team.

Call them stubborn if you want. Even if that's the case, that's not why we're a bad team.

Blame McNabb's personality if you want. Blame Reid's playcalling. Whatever anyone wants to blame, go for it.

The problem is the guys they've brought in haven't been good enough.

They have failed, miserably, at evaluating talent.

What we have now is a roster filled with average players being asked to do more than they are capable. The talent level isn't where it needs to be for this to become a competitor once again.

The reason we need to get rid of McNabb isn't because McNabb is a bad player. The reason we need to get rid of McNabb is because this team is largely devoid of difference makers, and by the time the talent progresses to the level it needs to be, McNabb will be officially, unquestionably, unmistakably finished.

The only top-tier talent on the Eagles roster is Westbrook, Samuel, and Cole.

And right now, Westbrook isn't exactly playing as well as we've seen him play in the past. In fact, it is inaccurate to include Westbrook in that list, based on what we've seen this year.

And Cole is inconsistent.

You could say Samuel is the only stud on the Eagles.

And their FA aquisitions have all been mediocre to bad. Kearse, Samuel, etc.
They do deserve a little credit for Kevin Curtis but that's about it via FA.

Their drafts have been so-so. If their young talent on both lines doesn't improve they could be in a world of hurt. The Eagles wagered their future on signing them early to long-term deals. So far this season you could easily question numerous recently extended players deals.

N5, for the record you never require adding "honesty" to a thread title, it goes without saying for you! :cheers:

So what does this do about your screen name?
Ouch
Kevin Kolb wasn't drafted to fill a roster spot. My gut tells me that if all is lost by the Dallas game, we will see a new QB under center and for some reason, I don't feel to bad about those prospects....then again, baseball season is how many weeks away???? :laugh:
N4? Just doesn't have that ring to it.

Ouch

N4? Just doesn't have that ring to it.

:D....This season, and until Baseball FA, Number5 stands for Pat the Bat baby....lol....

Or the number of worm balls McNabb averages in the first half..... :doh:

Nice to see my friends up here.... :cheers:

And to add to my boy OWU, Dawkins is the best LB on the team... :rolleyes:

Or the number of worm balls McNabb averages in the first half..... :doh:

Nice to see my friends up here.... :cheers:

He sure hasn't lost his touch with those worm burners.

I think your better off keeping McNabb and getting rid of AR but I don't think that will happen.

Isnt DeSean Jackson a good pick up?

Besides that idiotic fumble for the TD that is..

He's been great, the only reason to enjoy watching football games as a matter of fact.

But considering the sum total or our 3 other 2nd round picks over the last two years is about 15 tackles, you can't help but be a little deflated.

He's been great, the only reason to enjoy watching football games as a matter of fact.

But considering the sum total or our 3 other 2nd round picks over the last two years is about 15 tackles, you can't help but be a little deflated.

man I was there with you when we had Spurrier as our HC. :cheers:

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

You said it. That's the issue. That's the entire issue. That's the problem. That's why we suck.

Call them cheap if you want. Even if that's the case, that's not why we're a bad team.

Call them stubborn if you want. Even if that's the case, that's not why we're a bad team.

Blame McNabb's personality if you want. Blame Reid's playcalling. Whatever anyone wants to blame, go for it.

The problem is the guys they've brought in haven't been good enough.

They have failed, miserably, at evaluating talent.

What we have now is a roster filled with average players being asked to do more than they are capable. The talent level isn't where it needs to be for this to become a competitor once again.

The reason we need to get rid of McNabb isn't because McNabb is a bad player. The reason we need to get rid of McNabb is because this team is largely devoid of difference makers, and by the time the talent progresses to the level it needs to be, McNabb will be officially, unquestionably, unmistakably finished.

I couldn't disagree more...they have talent, lots of talent. I just think Andy Reid is loyal to McNabb to a fault. His lack of late game heroics really just boggles my mind. What was he so tired from at the end of the game? The Giants dominated time of possession.

He's a great QB, but maybe he'd be better suited with a different coach.

I couldn't disagree more...they have talent, lots of talent. I just think Andy Reid is loyal to McNabb to a fault. His lack of late game heroics really just boggles my mind. What was he so tired from at the end of the game? The Giants dominated time of possession.

He's a great QB, but maybe he'd be better suited with a different coach.

McNabb's fatigue is easily the most over-discussed issue of the game. The only reason people have even mentioned it is because Michaels brought it up and compared it to the Super Bowl. Think back to the play: McNabb scrambles within two yards of the marker, leaving the team at 3rd and 2 with the game on the line. In what universe is is the right idea to rush a play in before the two minute warning? Converting that first down was a life and death situation. Waiting for the two minute warning and calling the right play was the right call. Unfortunately, they called the wrong play. Twice.

The Giants dominated time of possession because our defensive line was getting blown off the ball every down. The line of scrimmage was two yards into our defensive front. That's how badly they were dominated. The reason that's the case is that our two first round pick DTs aren't talented enough to play their current role. Both of them are great rotation guys, neither is an every down DT. So far, it seems our newest top pick, Trevor Laws, is of that same calibur.

The Giants dominated time of possession because our three starting LBs are, once again, ill-suited for their current role. Bradley is a starter on the strong side, but he can't cut it in the middle. Gaither is a great 4th LB-- he's versatile enough for all three positions, but doesn't excel at any one enough to warrant being a starter. Gocong would be a nice role player, someone to move all over the field and create mismatches, but he isn't strong enough in coverage to start on the strong side.

We couldn't get stops on third down because neighter of our safeties have any business starting in this league. Mikell is a nice 3rd safety; he's not a starter.

The Giants dominated time of posession because we couldn't establish anything on the ground. We couldn't establish anything on the ground because our three interior lineman have no business starting on any contending team. A good offensive line could compensate for one of those three guys, but the three of them together leaves us with absolutely no push at the line of scrimmage against a good defense.

L.J. Smith is the worst Tight End in football. After his franchise tag runs up he'll sign elsewhere, get cut in training camp, and then he'll be out of the league forever.

The issue is talent. The Eagles don't have any.

Why is Reid calling plays? What happened to Morningwig? When Reid starts calling the plays and puts the game on McNabb is when the Eagles don't have a fighting chance (or at least one that is rather bright).

As a Redskin fan, I hope Reid stays. As a football fan, I think Reid needs to go. And if you are going to replace the HC, I am a fan of starting your 'future' at QB. Why keep McNabb for just a couple more seasons only to start all over again? I guess it could be argued either way. I just think you should consider it 'rebulding' for the time being and hope Kolb works out.

For all the praise the Eagles get for their drafts year in and year out, they really don't have a great track record. They have consistently missed with their early picks for years, in fact most of their talented players are somewhere around 5th round selections and most of their mediocre backups or solid but not great players are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'll tell you what Philadelphia really needs-

Stop playing panzy assed football on offense. Brian Westbrook is amazing but your offense would be so much better if you had a power runner as your every down back- especially one that could block so you could use split formations with Westbrook and a power runner in the backfield. What I think of when I imagine the Eagles in 2001,2002,and 2003 is 240 pound Deuce Staley grinding out difficult yardage. The Buckhalter-Westbrook combo was alright also but when Westbrook wasn't getting the majority of the carries.

Andy Reid has never run the ball nearly as much as he should. The Eagles have an offensive line that honestly could handle pounding the ball, but they need a big power back and they haven't had it in a long time...and no Buckhalter is not a power back. The Eagles don't play mean on offense anymore they just try to out run you in space which can help them put up points but always comes back to bite them in the ass in close games where all they need on 3rd and 2 is somebody to run over a linebacker and get the 1st.

Archived