Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Number 5 Honesty Thread....Reid and McNabb...Gotta Go!!!!1

Number5

People seem to forget that at one time McNabb was a huge threat to run.

That doesn't exist anymore either.

When he stopped scrambling, he ceased being an upper echelon QB, IMO. I've never been able to figure out why the Eagles throw the ball so much with a QB that is inconsistent at throwing and WRs that have by and large been rather pedestrian.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you :D.

I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that 2004 was McNabb's best season.

Check out his rushing yards in that season.

I won't debate the statistical measures. I'm sure 2004 was his best year throwing the ball. I just don't think he has been as dangerous as when he used his legs as a weapon.

Also, scrambling isn't necessarily about gaining yardage on the ground. It's also buying time that eventually cause the coverage to break down. What happened to him? Is it the accumulated wear and tear, or the fact that he's beefed up so much?

Also, scrambling isn't necessarily about gaining yardage on the ground. It's also buying time that eventually cause the coverage to break down. What happened to him? Is it the accumulated wear and tear, or the fact that he's beefed up so much?

McNabb scrambles-to-throw better now than he ever did when he was considered a "scrambling QB."

For years McNabb was always near the top of the league in sacks because he held the ball way too long in the pocket, and because he didn't often throw the ball once he broke the pocket. It would be fair to say that the best thing McNabb has done this season is evade the first pass rusher and get rid of the ball.

You know when you think about it

Team W L T Pct PF PA

Giants 8 1 0 .889 262 160

Redskins 6 3 0 .667 171 168

Cowboys 5 4 0 .556 216 219

Eagles 5 4 0 .556 251 180

When you look at it thats not as bad as you Eagles fans are making it out to be.

Your second in scoring and third in defense in the NFCE and above 500.

quitya****in you still have hope.

When you look at it thats not as bad as you Eagles fans are making it out to be.

Your second in scoring and third in defense in the NFCE and above 500.

quitya****in you still have hope.

Oh, it's as bad as we're making it out to be, trust us. We're good at this! :)

Seriously, out of the NFC, they're probably the 5th or 6th best team. Giants, Panthers, Skins, Cowboys and maybe Cards/TB. But, not being able to win any games in the East is their downfall. If somehow they were to make it in the playoffs they'd be competitive in any game, but they don't have a championship defense right now, not even close.

• 2 months later...

Had to bump this thread. I wanted to prove a point that while we get mad at our guys, we still manage to find a ray of hope in it.....

God bless the Eagles, but still Reid can kick rocks....and at least I met McNabb recently, so he is okay in my book now...lol

Had to bump this thread. I wanted to prove a point that while we get mad at our guys, we still manage to find a ray of hope in it.....

God bless the Eagles, but still Reid can kick rocks....and at least I met McNabb recently, so he is okay in my book now...lol

Sorry about the loss N5. I can see why you would be upset with your team, its always knocking at the door and can never seem to open the damn thing. The only bright spot is at least you guys are consistently in the hunt for a championship and one day if your FO drafts the right guys you will definitely win at all.

You guys only need a legit #1 dominate reciever and I think you guys need a brusing running back that can pound the ball. Other than that I think your defense is good might need help at safety as B Dawk gets older but you guys know how to draft d-lineman.

If I was you not sure how much longer I would put up with McNugget and Reid. If they happen to get to the championship game next year or the year after and still cant get the superbowl I think it would be time to say goodbye. For now just be happy your team is at least getting that far consistently. Take it easy man.

Sorry about the loss N5. I can see why you would be upset with your team, its always knocking at the door and can never seem to open the damn thing. The only bright spot is at least you guys are consistently in the hunt for a championship and one day if your FO drafts the right guys you will definitely win at all.

You guys only need a legit #1 dominate reciever and I think you guys need a brusing running back that can pound the ball. Other than that I think your defense is good might need help at safety as B Dawk gets older but you guys know how to draft d-lineman.

If I was you not sure how much longer I would put up with McNugget and Reid. If they happen to get to the championship game next year or the year after and still cant get the superbowl I think it would be time to say goodbye. For now just be happy your team is at least getting that far consistently. Take it easy man.

Keep it green and smokey bro....much respect!

The issue isn't Reid and McNabb. The issue is Reid. He needs to focus on being the HC, and needs to drop the Executive Vice President of Football Operations title and responsibilities.

The Eagles can win with McNabb but they need to do the following:

Take the headset away from Reid and hire a real WCO Offensive Coordinator to run the offense.

Through either trade, free agency or draft, they need to have on the roster a true, workhorse RB that can carry some of the load and bring some balance to their pass/run ratio.

Through trade or free agency, get a real number 1 receiver. Curtis, Avant, Baskett, Jackson, Brown, Lewis. That's a hell of a cadre of #2 receivers but there isn't a single game changer among them. Someone like Boldin, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Devery Henderson or even god forbid Owens is needed for this team to get over the hump.

The window for the team is closing fast. McNabb will be 33 during the season, the O-line is getting older and Jim Johnson will be 68 during the season and who knows how much longer he will/can keep coaching.

Archived