Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you imagine if we'd gotten Warner instead of Brunell??

novaman

Just watching him play tonight and can't help but think how things could have turned out so differently if we'd gotten Warner instead of Brunell. The draft choices we ended up using to get Brunell and Campbell could have given us some linemen that we could be using right now.

Yeah, I can...we would have had numerous threads about how Warner is washed up and how he never takes shots downfield and complaining about how often he fumbles and to "Start JC!!", instead of numerous threads about how Brunell is washed up and complaing about how he never takes shots downfield and how he throws the ball away too often and to "Start JC!!" lol...

Warner is having a great year but REALLY? Who cares if we had gotten Warner instead his career is full of fumbles and a bunch of subpar seasons mixed in with some great ones. I'm glad we got Bru out of the way so we could watch JC continue to get better and better. Having Warner's annoying wife in the stands might even be worse than dealing with 30k outsiders.

Warner is having a great year but REALLY? Who cares if we had gotten Warner instead his career is full of fumbles and a bunch of subpar seasons mixed in with some great ones. I'm glad we got Bru out of the way so we could watch JC continue to get better and better. Having Warner's annoying wife in the stands might even be worse than dealing with 30k outsiders.

I would prefer a man working on his third MVP and getting to his third bowl then anyone in this league not named Brady or Mannings.

Just watching him play tonight and can't help but think how things could have turned out so differently if we'd gotten Warner instead of Brunell. The draft choices we ended up using to get Brunell and Campbell could have given us some linemen that we could be using right now.

you

can't

be

serious ...

I have just about seen everything man. :doh:

I would prefer a man working on his third MVP and getting to his third bowl then anyone in this league not named Brady or Mannings.

Last year, Warner was 5-6 in his 11 starts. Campbell was 5-7. Last year, Warner fumbled 12 times and lost 6 of them. Campbell fumbled 13 times and lost 8.

Last year, when Warner threw 5 INTs in a loss to Seattle, you would have been leading the chorus to cut him, would have been blathering on and on about how his TDs don't matter if they don't lead to wins, and would have blasted Vinny and Snyder for acquiring him in the first place.

And we all know it.

Course, that is forgetting that Warner looked like he was washed up in 2004, coming off of shoulder surgery and not really playing the past couple of years. He also wasn't available until after June 1st. He didn't look that great when he was with the Giants. I'm guessing we would think about as much of him as we did Brunell.

Last year, Warner was 5-6 in his 11 starts. Campbell was 5-7. Last year, Warner fumbled 12 times and lost 6 of them. Campbell fumbled 13 times and lost 8.

Last year, when Warner threw 5 INTs in a loss to Seattle, you would have been leading the chorus to cut him, would have been blathering on and on about how his TDs don't matter if they don't lead to wins, and would have blasted Vinny and Snyder for acquiring him in the first place.

And we all know it.

Warner will always throw more INTs then Campbell. Campbell is a game manager. Warner is a downfield thrower. Two different QBs. Warner is moe in the mold of Rypien was in 91. Campbell is more of a Big Ben for the Steelers in 05. It depends what you want.

I've been in WAY too many arguments and debates with WAY too many on here who insisted that "Wins and losses are the only stat that matters!" when trying to argue that Jason Campbell is a bust.

You know what Warner's win/loss record as a starter is from 2002 through 2007?

13-28.

Try and imagine what we would have been saying on here about him lol...sorry, but I can't buy that, in hindsight, we all would have been patient and would have seen the obvious talent to once again be a league MVP is still there "if we could just start him".

Signing Warner would have been evidence that Vinny "isn't a real GM". Signing him would be evidence that "the game has passed Gibbs by". Signing him would have been seen as evidence that Snyder "is playing fantasy football and signing aging start past their prime".

I know this place WAY too well to believe otherwise lol...

I've been in WAY too many arguments and debates with WAY too many on here who insisted that "Wins and losses are the only stat that matters!" when trying to argue that Jason Campbell is a bust.

You know what Warner's win/loss record as a starter is from 2002 through 2007?

13-28.

Try and imagine what we would have been saying on here about him lol...sorry, but I can't buy that, in hindsight, we all would have been patient and would have seen the obvious talent to once again be a league MVP is still there "if we could just start him".

Signing Warner would have been evidence that Vinny "isn't a real GM". Signing him would be evidence that "the game has passed Gibbs by". Signing him would have been seen as evidence that Snyder "is playing fantasy football and signing aging start past their prime".

I know this place WAY too well to believe otherwise lol...

People are talking about Warner in 04 instead of Brunell. Not instead of Campbell. Campbell was not here in 2004.

what if michael jordan had switched to football instead of baseball and had become a superstar for the bears instead of a flop with the white sox and then he got old and washed up and retired but then we coaxed him out of retirement because danny used his evil wads of cash to invent an anti-aging potion and it worked and MJ was still playing WR and RB and CB for us and also holding for place kicks. then we never would have gotten BLloyd, we wouldnt have to worry about CP and LB being hurt, and we wouldn't have had Leigh Torrence to begin with, so we wouldn't be so sad to see him go right now. that would be FREAKING SWEET. i HATE that that didn't happen.

Archived