Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deangelo Hall on Doc Walker show

JeepRyder

Pretty quick interview because they have practice at 1. But basically Hall said he was excited to be here. He was made no promises that he would be here long term but believes this is home for him and thinks it will work. He said he hasnt had a chance to talk to Danny Smith about returning punts but he will do anything the Redskins ask of him. He said he would compete hard to start, and would return punts, or block for Santana if he is asked.

One funny moment was they asked him about his reputation of not being a team player and he said he hadnt heard that before and then they all laughed and he said yes Ive heard that. He was classy about it and just said he thinks he has always been a good locker room but he has heard that in the media. He will be ok here.

sounds like we've got a young guy, who's finally smartened up

We are excited for him to be there also.

Not so excited about Springs and Rogers, though I'm sure.

We're pretty excited that Romo sits to pee is back. He's coming off an injury, he's 1-4 against us, and even when he was healthy against us earlier, he couldn't pull the job.

You know what I was never a big fan of Torrence, but when they cut him on Friday I have to be honest I kinda of second guessed them. Not because I feel that he gives us great talent in the secondary, but because I thought he was a big factor (or a nice factor would be a better word) on special teams.

With that being said I was listening to Doc's show just after 12 and he made an interesting point, which changed my thinking. He basically said "Is the man who they just brought in better then the guy we just cut?". He said if he is then there shouldn't be ANYONE questioning the move.

I agreed with him, so now I agree with the move on the part of the team

I heard the interview today with Hall. He seemed like a normal guy so lets hope his play speaks for itself in a positive way. I was not convinced he was the right guy but our secondary needed help right away. Hearing Doc Walker again was awesome for me. I have to fly back to CA tomorrow. Doc was so good when he played for the Skins. He liked contact for sure. I won't ever forget the "Fun Bunch".

You know what I was never a big fan of Torrence, but when they cut him on Friday I have to be honest I kinda of second guessed them. Not because I feel that he gives us great talent in the secondary, but because I thought he was a big factor (or a nice factor would be a better word) on special teams.

With that being said I was listening to Doc's show just after 12 and he made an interesting point, which changed my thinking. He basically said "Is the man who they just brought in better then the guy we just cut?". He said if he is then there shouldn't be ANYONE questioning the move.

With me, it was an issue of other altermatives as to who to release, not necessarily that Hall wasn't an upgrade over Torrence (which is pretty mucha no-brainer)...

It's not so much the argument that Hall is better than Torrence, but is Tryon better than Torrence. You have 5 CB's bring in a guy that is better than say, 3 of them (Smoot, Torence and Tryon). So, you'd think you'd cut the worst of the bunch (Tryon), upgrading 3 positions in doing so. Say Rodgers and Springs are your 1 and 2, Hall is your Nickle, Smoot is you Dime and Torrence is your Ennergency guy. Pretty good 4th corner if you need him, especially when you know guys like Springs and Smoot get nicked. Honestly, could you be any deeper? But, you you do is still keep Tryon, who at this point can carry Torrence's jock. With Smoot and Springs iffy, you still might see Tryon. And lets face it, if scrubs that are out of the NFL can make him look like a high school player, a #3 or 4 guys will eat him for lunch.

Archived