Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would you Rather Sign Golston or Montgomery?

Soup

See, all the post are mixed on this one and some are even saying Griffin should be thrown. That's the problem I'm having with the DT position, Is it enough to just resign the young Guys or Just start from scratch and get better players in that position?

Do we all like the way the D-line is playing this year? They are an average bunch that can stuff the run but barely get any pass rush. So why Sign either Golston or Monty; why not just use the money they would get on a Free Agent and draft some younger players?

This is why I asked, to get some other opinions on the players but it seems its a mixed bag with both those guys. I'd keep one player, either Goltson or Monty and get a free agent as well as draft a player.

Both. Griffin is not going to be around for forever, and he may be a hefty cap hit in future years. Instead, we could have a couple of good young DT's for many years to come as the anchor inside. I do not think that the cap hit for the two of them would be anywhere near large enough to stop us from signing them both to long term deals.

Honestly, I think the two feed off of each other and the competition, it would be a shame to break up a matched set.

See' date=' all the post are mixed on this one and some are even saying Griffin should be thrown. That's the problem I'm having with the DT position, Is it enough to just resign the young Guys or Just start from scratch and get better players in that position?

Do we all like the way the D-line is playing this year? They are an average bunch that can stuff the run but barely get any pass rush. So why Sign either Golston or Monty; why not just use the money they would get on a Free Agent and draft some younger players?

This is why I asked, to get some other opinions on the players but it seems its a mixed bag with both those guys. I'd keep one player, either Goltson or Monty and get a free agent as well as draft a player.[/quote']

Both'll probably get smaller contracts, I doubt signing both will hinder us from signing a big FA.

Frankly, a Cornelius + Monty + Kedric + FA/Draftee sounds pretty appealing.

I Meant to say who would you rather sign... for the title maybe the mods could help me out with this one.

I will give you the 5 step plan here:

1. Go to your first post

2. Click on Edit

3. Click on Advance

4. Edit your title

5. Click Save to save your hard work.

6. Buy and Send ZSkins a Horton's jersey.:D

I will give you the 5 step plan here:

1. Go to your first post

2. Click on Edit

3. Click on Advance

4. Edit your title

5. Click Save to save your hard work.

6. Buy and Send ZSkins a Horton's jersey.:D

Gracias, What's cheaper a Horton Jersey or one of the T-shirts on his website? I think the T-shirt is 100 dollars or was it the memebership for a year to join his site...:silly:

They are RFA's, which helps if we are indeed looking at keeping them both. I'm not sure if that is likely though. DL are at a premium and teams are more than willing to throw big money at these guys even if they are not exactly worldbeaters. I like both and they have come a long way since being drafted.

We need help on the line, especially in the middle. We need the push and our DE's REALLY need someone in the middle that can be a consistent force to be reckoned with. Personally, I'd like to keep Golston. The Titans are not going to let Haynesworth go so IMO a guy like Gabe Watson should be considered. I think a Gabe Watson Griffin/Golston combination would be very effective in the middle and allow our DE's to really press the QB.

We also have to try to keep Evans who is a UFA too...

Archived