Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets say we do sign Halll.....

CrypticVillain

and lets say that he does well.

We will want to sign him to a longer term contract right?

With Shaw Springs being in the final year contract he will will be the odd man out. It is sad because he has done well playing for us and I respect him because he wasn't afraid to tackle. But what really saddens me is that the team he will play for next season. I have no doubt that he will get signed by the Cowboys. It is the ultimate respect to pay to his father.

I know that this is months away but I just had to just make note of it.

1 year to see how he does and then extend if it is working.

if we did sign him, that would be the only logical way to do it

with the stigma of our organization finally departing from bad free agent signings, i dont want to see something like this cast a shadow on the smart decisions weve been making lately

Hall is a talented player, no question about it . . . but he definitely is a diva, as he has argued with every coach at every level. Reports are that he cannot take coaching, and believes that he is above anyone and everything. I hope that the release from the Raiders has been a humbling experience for him. But you never know. So with that in mind, I would only sign him for the rest of the year, and depending on how he plays and more importantly, how he matures and gets along with the team, I would then look into an extension. Again, he can definitely play and is extremely young.

OK wanna be GM's lets go back to basic economics.

NFL radio reports as many as 15 teams have contacted DeAngelo Hall's Agent

Lets say that even 4 of these teams are serious i.e. Dallas, New England, NY Giants, Pittsburgh and New Orleans as well as our beloved Redskins

Adam Schefter is conjecturing that teams interested in DeAngelo Hall include the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers.

He will not sign a 1 year deal this time He will get a nice guarantee (to many suitors to expect less) He may be one of the highest paid DB's after this process is finished. He cost no draft picks he is still in the prime as far as age goes and he is also a kick and punt returner.

keep that in mind as a few of you dream of a 1 year deal... here endeth thef economics lesson

OK wanna be GM's lets go back to basic economics.

NFL radio reports as many as 15 teams have contacted DeAngelo Hall's Agent

Lets say that even 4 of these teams are serious i.e. Dallas, New England, NY Giants, Pittsburgh and New Orleans as well as our beloved Redskins

Adam Schefter is conjecturing that teams interested in DeAngelo Hall include the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers.

He will not sign a 1 year deal this time He will get a nice guarantee (to many suitors to expect less) He may be one of the highest paid DB's after this process is finished. He cost no draft picks he is still in the prime as far as age goes and he is also a kick and punt returner.

keep that in mind as a few of you dream of a 1 year deal... here endeth thef economics lesson

I would now like a hot serving of Crow

let the egging of me begin

I would now like a hot serving of Crow

let the egging of me begin

:rotflmao:...

You should have known that "Multiple teams are all seriously interested in Hall" crap was probably agent-generated...the comments his agent made yesterday ALL indicated that the Skins were the only team that seriously wanted him:

"Would like to be signed by the weekend"...Um, if 6 different teams are "seriously" interested in you, it would take more than a day and a half to talk with them, consider their proposals, and even visit some of them.

"Won't name any other teams, but I will say the Skins are one of them"...Translation: there ARE no other teams to mention except the Skins. Either that, or I'll throw the Skins out there to up the bidding.

"Hall will consider a short-term deal"...Translation: Not enough teams are interested, so let me throw this out there for my client to drum up more possibilities.

The writing was on the wall yesterday lol :cool:...

This is a GREAT DEAL....as long as he stays out of trouble we need to lock him up later in the year. Vinny has put us in the position to have Hall Horton Landry and Rogers all Playing together for a LONG TIME.....Plus add Smoot and Springs we have a DEEEEEEP Secondary now....This will be nice because we can use Springs as safety some now....

Archived