Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The AFC West - terrible divison

SkinsOrlando

Yeah, they suck. I thought Denver was going to be the sure-fire winner over there, but Cutler (I have him as my FF QB) has been sucking week after week lately. Then you have San Diego, the most inconsistent team in the league. Rivers sucks and LT is not the same. Then you have Oakland and KC. Yikes.

How awesome would it be if we could play in that division?

Yeah, they suck. I thought Denver was going to be the sure-fire winner over there, but Cutler (I have him as my FF QB) has been sucking week after week lately. Then you have San Diego, the most inconsistent team in the league. Rivers sucks and LT is not the same. Then you have Oakland and KC. Yikes.

How awesome would it be if we could play in that division?

Rivers' QB rating is 107.8 through 8 games. But other than that, your spot on.

I was talking about this earlier with someone.

I hate to stick up for a Norv team but the Chargers beat the Broncos if not for an overly terrible call at the end of that game.

Rivers despite what some posters in this thread will tell you, is playing great. His picks tend to come late in games when he has to try and force things playing from behind due to their woeful defense. His picks are almost always atrocious, but from what I've seen he's the main bright spot on a team that is much better than their record. His QB rating is very indicative of his play, however it is not even remotely indicative of the rest of his teams play.

I actually think the Chargers might be the only team in the league right now who is actually better than their record states. The Broncos obviously don't want the Chargers to go away or they might win one.

AFC South one season or 2 put together a division liek that about 5 years ago

How crazy would this be if that 7-9 team won the superbowl

Or, how crazy would it be if that 7-9 team won their division and had a home playoff game, whereas Dallas finished 9-7 or even 10-6 and in last place in their division and dont even make the playoffs. It appears likely.

Or, how crazy would it be if that 7-9 team won their division and had a home playoff game, whereas Dallas finished 9-7 or even 10-6 and in last place in their division and dont even make the playoffs. It appears likely.

As long as we are the better 10-6 team and we make it im happy

But if it comes from the AFC cant really complaign cause its not affecting us

As long as we are the better 10-6 team and we make it im happy

But if it comes from the AFC cant really complaign cause its not affecting us

But you get my point, right? Just shows that one crappy 7-9 team from the AFC can get a home playoff game (a very big advantage in the NFL playoffs) and a shot at the Super Bowl, where the good 10-6 team from the NFC goes home with no shot at the Super Bowl.

Is it possible to see a 7-9 division champ? I think it might be, it's looking ugly over there.

Maybe we should just call that division the AFC Worst? What's really bad is that 7-9 division champ could very well host a playoff game against a team that finished 10-6.

Didn't the Browns do that kind of thing back when it was the AFC Central back in 80s?

Chargers remaining schedule: currently 3-5

KC - win

@ Pitt - loss

Colts - loss

Falcons - loss

Raiders - win

@KC - win

@TB - loss

Denver - win

7-9 seems very likely for them

Denver remaining schedule: currently 4-4

@ Browns - win