Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hell frozen over philly 2 champs in 2008

Chief skin

On Mike and Mike they just said that our nation's capital is on the clock.

Along with the Twin Cities, we have gone the longest without a championship of the cities with all 4 major leagues.

Good for us that we have 2 contenders right now! 2.5 if you count the Wizards.

UMD won a championship

:crickets:

I have to commend Fox on the telecast last night. As the last batter was up the commentators did something very unusual. They just SHUT THE **** UP. They let the pictures and the drama tell the story, right through the strike out and the celebration. Nice job of restraint there.

The other cool thing they did is they replayed the last out and celebration from every camera angle, isolating on just about every Phillie player in the field, the dugout, the owner's box. We got to see that moment of ecstacy from all the major participants, again without overbearing commentary. Nice.

On Mike and Mike they just said that our nation's capital is on the clock.

Along with the Twin Cities, we have gone the longest without a championship of the cities with all 4 major leagues.

Good for us that we have 2 contenders right now! 2.5 if you count the Wizards.

Sorry, but anyone who counts the Nationals as a 'major league' team is not being honest. They may play in a league called "Major League Baseball", but they are a mid-level AAA team at BEST.

Besides, they won't be counting us after this Feb.

Next Championship up, Philadelphia Flyers! Let's go boys, we are on a roll!

(Yes I am a Skins fan, but like everything Philly, except the Eagles, so I am cheering for the Flyers next, but it does not mean I am rooting against the Redskins, that is the next Championship I would like to see, but was only speaking in reference to the City of Brotherly Love)

Archived