Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texas WR Jordan Shipley...

Hardcore Zornography

Sorry if this thread is inappropriate for the Stadium, but I cannot help but to wonder how sick it would be to draft this kid next year and have him be a part of of B&G tradition for years to come.

Boy has Wes Welker production written all over him. Does anybody know anything about how high or low he is being projected for the upcoming draft?

He just seems like he can come right in and do more for us than any of the 2nd rounders we picked up last year have done so far this season. He is crazy fast, has good field vision, pretty nice hands, and could at least take "Dancing With The Stars" ARE's place at Punt Return and gradually work his way into playing time at the slot like Devin has been trying to do thus far.

What do you guys think?

You know what I call a team that drafts receivers high year after year? The Detroit Lions.

I don't know what he is projected to be drafted. If it 1st or 2nd round, I would probably pass on him, as I agree that we have other pressing needs right now. But if he is a 4th or 5th rounder, I would love to see him get drafted by us. I'm tellin you, I think this kid will be special.

I have actually been thinkin the same thing. I wouldnt mind him in the late rounds where I think he is being placed so far.

I think we maybe shop ARE on draft day. I mean i like the man, but he has really dropped off on PR and he isnt a spectacular #2. Now that guy from Cinnci, he is a good #2 and a FA, no not OCHO CINCO but TJ WHO IS YOUR MAMA. Now I think we should go after Asomugha or Haynesworth but I'm just saying...

I have actually been thinkin the same thing. I wouldnt mind him in the late rounds where I think he is being placed so far.

I think we maybe shop ARE on draft day. I mean i like the man, but he has really dropped off on PR and he isnt a spectacular #2. Now that guy from Cinnci, he is a good #2 and a FA, no not OCHO CINCO but TJ WHO IS YOUR MAMA. Now I think we should go after Asomugha or Haynesworth but I'm just saying...

Houzmazilli - lock it up

I think it's funny how skilled young WHITE prospects are ONLY compared to other established WHITE players.

Example:

"Reed Doughty is the next John Lynch" (Yeah, I saw that on ES on more than one occasion.)

"Owen Schmitt is the next Mike Alstott."

"Jordan Shipley is the next Wes Welker. No, no, the next Ed McCaffrey. Actually... he reminds me more of mix between Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl..."

The only thing about this thread I really agree with is the fact that Jordan Shipley could certainly be the black James Thrash.

I don't know what he is projected to be drafted. If it 1st or 2nd round, I would probably pass on him, as I agree that we have other pressing needs right now. But if he is a 4th or 5th rounder, I would love to see him get drafted by us. I'm tellin you, I think this kid will be special.

I didn't realize he's expected to go that late. Still, we need to use most of our picks other places, and we don't have a 2nd rounder right now as I recall.

:D i think i may be the only one thats gotten that so far

I guess I get it now.

Sorry if this thread is inappropriate for the Stadium, but I cannot help but to wonder how sick it would be to draft this kid next year and have him be a part of of B&G tradition for years to come.

Boy has Wes Welker production written all over him. Does anybody know anything about how high or low he is being projected for the upcoming draft?

He just seems like he can come right in and do more for us than any of the 2nd rounders we picked up last year have done so far this season. He is crazy fast, has good field vision, pretty nice hands, and could at least take "Dancing With The Stars" ARE's place at Punt Return and gradually work his way into playing time at the slot like Devin has been trying to do thus far.

What do you guys think?

I think we need to get through this season before we start talking about next years draft.

we have more pressing needs along the O & D lines and db

exactly

Useless as a receiver? Sign him up!

you should put the Haterade down. Thrash may not have been as productive so far this year, but he has still had some money catches for the Skins...a TD in Philly comes to mind. Your blind hatred is showing...may wanna hide that until its warrented.

I think it's funny how skilled young WHITE prospects are ONLY compared to other established WHITE players.

Example:

"Reed Doughty is the next John Lynch" (Yeah, I saw that on ES on more than one occasion.)

"Owen Schmitt is the next Mike Alstott."

"Jordan Shipley is the next Wes Welker. No, no, the next Ed McCaffrey. Actually... he reminds me more of mix between Wayne Chrebet and Ricky Proehl..."

The only thing about this thread I really agree with is the fact that Jordan Shipley could certainly be the black James Thrash.

Sorry if I offended you man, wasn't my intention. You do have a point. Now that you mention that, it seems that it does happen a lot.

i wouldn't touch him even if he is available

however, i would take Derrick Williams from PSU anywhere in the 2nd day of the draft...this dude is fast, quick, and is very shifty...he is a great punt and kickoff returner and is a good WR

Speaking of Penn State, anyone know who #91 is on their defensive line? Every time I see them play he's always in the backfield blowing up plays. I have no idea what his name is or what year he is or anything.

EDIT: Jared Odrick, DT, JR.

2008: So far this season has 20 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss (-17 yards), 2.5 sacks, 3 passes batted down.

2007: Played with two broken bones in his hand...had 16 tackles, 4 tackles for loss (-15 yards), two sacks and a blocked kick before dislocating his ankle and missing the rest of the season.

2006: Played in 12 games and made four tackles (three solo)

Archived