Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants @ Steelers

CaLLaHaN

SANTONIO WILL SIT ON SUNDAY

Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2008, 1:35 p.m. EDT

Our buddy Tim Benz of WXDX in Pittsburgh tells us that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will deactivate receiver Santonio Holmes for Sunday’s game against the Giants.

Holmes was cited for marijuana possession on Thursday.

Tomlin declined to call the move a suspension. Technically, teams are not permitted to discipline players who have been charged with drug or alcohol offenses.

Nate Washington will start in place of Holmes. Dallas Baker and Limas Sweed will both be active for the Steelers.

Gonna be a good game :laugh:

Superbowl preview?????? :D

Line = Steelers - 3

sc58bm.jpg

Super Bowl preview? lol.....not!

Let's get through the next 8 games before you declare a SB preview. If I recall, the media did that with a certain dall ASS team before the season even started and look at them now..lol...:doh:

It really depends on what Giants team shows up. The last two weeks they havent been that great. We all know they got killed in Cleveland, and San Fran gave them a run for their money. The one thing that gives NYG the edge though is their pass rush vs. PIT's sorry O-line. That could spell doom. Lets hope old Eli shows up on Sunday!! I'd love to be in first place when I go to Fed Ex next week!

Who are people rooting for in this one? I mean, on one hand, we've got the G-Men in our division, so a loss would be nice for them. But, on the other...we have the Steelers coming up here shortly.

are you kidding me? you have to root for the steelers to beat the giants. How can you not?............i'm hoping the game is a slugfest and both teams beat each other up, but in the end the steelers win.

San Fran gave them a run for there money? They lost by 12 points, and were only that close because of a bad snap on a FG which got returned for a TD.

Yes, it was closer than I thought it was going to be. They kept it within striking distance all game until the safety at the end. Dont get so defensive there guy...

As someone else said, I think it depends on which Giant team shows up. Nothing has changed my opinion of the Giants so far. Eli has always been inconsistent. The team is also inconsistent.

They got hot last year at the right time. That can happen again this season. However, that doesn't mean it will happen on Sunday. Just have to wait and see.

When Eli is on he can score on anybody. If the Giants show up they will win the game. Pitts is good, but not a great team. Pitts needs to hope they see inconsistent Eli and a defense not playing well.

are you kidding me? you have to root for the steelers to beat the giants. How can you not?............i'm hoping the game is a slugfest and both teams beat each other up, but in the end the steelers win.

Sounds like the Truth to me. Not to mention the Steelers are probably thinking that they just have to get past the defending SB winners, then they can breeze thru those "Redskins", because really, what have they done lately. :silly: Just the way I like it.

Hail!

I work with three Steelers (or is it Stuhlers??) fans. I told them I got their backs until midnight tomorrow, then it's all back to normal :)

Me too. I live in Stuhler country and I have their back for Sunday, and then they will become the hated once again, especially since we play them next.

Archived