Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Obama get a Security Clearance?

hokie4redskins

Any background investigators out there?

Hypothetical: Obama applies for an Analyst position at CIA.

Given:

1) Associations with Dohrn, Ayers, and Wright

2) Kenyan ties

3) Indonesia

Would he pass the background check?

Question of the day.

Tough to say because the CIA reqiurments are alot harder versus DOD and what level clearance we are talking about. DOJ probally would have easier time to obtain.

His associations with Ayers, Rashid Khalidi would be more a factor then anything else because most of the DOD Clearance's only require to go back either 7 or 10 years for place you have lived.

yes. Whoo glad that's resolved. Next.

And you're a background investigator?

Patriot Post actually, and given the fact friends of mine have been denied for smoking weed, attending protests, and having a parent that is a non-U.S. citizen made me wonder............

Now answer the question or :stfu:

The biggest hurdle for the CIA or FBI would probably be the drug usage as opposed to these other things you mention which would be cleared after investigation.

However, the drug usage didn't stop Bush from becoming President so I'm assuming that this really doesn't matter much.

The biggest hurdle for the CIA or FBI would probably be the drug usage as opposed to these other things you mention which would be cleared after investigation.

However, the drug usage didn't stop Bush from becoming President so I'm assuming that this really doesn't matter much.

Alcholism isn't the same as using cocaine with some wondering if he dealt it as well

And you're a background investigator?

Patriot Post actually, and given the fact friends of mine have been denied for smoking weed, attending protests, and having a parent that is a non-U.S. citizen made me wonder............

Now answer the question or :stfu:

The drug usage would not be an issue most likely. And you would have to smoke a lot of weed...on your way to your interview...to be denied most likely.

Unless we are talking about a position as law enforcement or prosecutor...they have tighter restrictions.

The drug usage thing is not a bar to a security clearance if it was relatively minor, it happened long ago, and there is no indication that it has continued into the present.

If that were not the case, then it would be impossible for anyone from the 1970s to get a clearance. I did not know a single person at wealthy McLean High who did not try drugs.

The drug usage thing is not a bar to a security clearance if it was relatively minor, it happened long ago, and there is no indication that it has continued into the present.

If that were not the case, then it would be impossible for anyone from the 1970s to get a clearance. I did not know a single person at wealthy McLean High who did not try drugs.

From what FBI and CIA told me when they were at career fairs - they don't hire people that have used anything harder than weed or have smoked weed more than like 25 times or something.

That might be different than the original question since I have a security clearance now but I was told by those agencies that they wouldn't hire anyone that used any hard drugs.

When Clinton was in office several of his cronies couldn't initially receive security clearances because of drug use and priors.

CIA has a lot of Career liberals I'm sure they would turn a blind eye in this cas.

Now if he was Barrack Skyhook Jenkins, one of the Jenkins boys from the Southside then the answer would be a resounding NO.

Archived