Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Spring Sits, could miss two more games

arkowi

I'm ok with this because neither the Lions or Steelers are that deep in receivers that Smoot and Rogers can't handle along with Landry. This will give him the rest the old timer needs before having to go back and face Dallas with Roy Williams, Terrel Owens, and Patrick Crayton.

Another instance where the timing of the bye week is ideal. He'll get that extra week to heal without missing a third game, and hopefully be able to come back healthy and rested against Dallas.

With the way Carlos Rogers is playing right now, imagine having Springs healthy opposite him. Springs was playing early on as well as Carlos is now... Something to look forward to a few weeks down the line.

I would actually worry about that pitt game, considering Nate Washington is having a great year, so they have Hines, Santonio Holmes and N. Washington. To me thats a game we need springs back.

I feel conifident in Torrence covering Nate Washington. I would put Rogers on Holmes and Smoot on Hines...

We signed him knowing about his health issues...He has given us just what we expected.

Great when on the field...We tried to get him to take a better deal(For us) but he wouldn't.

He also has gone through the issues with his father.

When he goes...It will free up some decent money to look for a replacment.

What is better...Average every week or very damn good for 10 games a year ???

Pittsburgh has a good receiving corps and Roethlisberger is no pushover. We may be able to get a decent pass rush vs their o-line but I really wish Springs would be healthy for that game. This is such a regular occurence him being hurt.. ugh. And he seems to get hurt more often in practice than in actual games.

Springs is soft, one hell of a corner when he's healthy, but the man has no ability to play through pain

How do you know that ??? We don't want him playing if he can't give enough.

I doubt he COULD play but choses not to.

I don't KNOW that ...But I have always heard other Skins say he is a GREAT teammate...

Great teammate means he plays through pain but sits when he would hurt the team.

I would have preferred he took the pay cut...But he didn't...So we have him till we can do better.

This guy misses more than half the games every year. Its redic! We need to find his replacment next year and prob via FA. Were gonna need to use our draft picks on D and O line.

don't post BS without knowing what your talking about

since he's been here:

2004- 15 games

2005- 15 games

2006- 9 games

2007- 16 games

2008- 4 games

Not nearly your knee jerk, "this guy misses half the games every year", BS.

he's hurt right now, theres no amount of complaining that will make him heal faster. get over it. luckily we don't need him right now, but i'd rather him miss these easier games and be ready for the late stretch. Hopefully he can play against Pittsburgh because we will need him there.

I agree Springs needs to suck it up and play and stop getting so banged up!!!

you're right, i think he decides to get hurt and banged up so he doesn't have to play. He just simply needs to stop getting banged up, thats the solution....

he can't help when he gets hurt

don't post BS without knowing what your talking about

since he's been here:

2004- 15 games

2005- 15 games

2006- 9 games

2007- 16 games

2008- 4 games

Not nearly your knee jerk, "this guy misses half the games every year", BS.

he's hurt right now, theres no amount of complaining that will make him heal faster. get over it. luckily we don't need him right now, but i'd rather him miss these easier games and be ready for the late stretch. Hopefully he can play against Pittsburgh because we will need him there.

Do these totals consider games he played in but was injured (i.e. games he didn't finish)? Just curious.

Either way based on these numbers he has been pretty reliable 3 of the full 4 seasons he has been with the team. This hasn't been my perception.

Archived